• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Tried making a level with the Pro controller, nope. Touch is fine! Really liking the story mode so far and the two levels from the "Top" players were amazing!

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Guessing not, none of the menus I've seen so far indicate it, and for what it's worth the course search looks miles better in-game than SMM1.
Yeah I guessed so,
still it was nice to be able to queue in levels outside of the game to prepare for later.
sharing was also made super easy, just put a url link and voila!

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
First impression: game of fantastic. As was the first one. I'm looking forward to playing the community levels.

Second thought: the adventure-mode hub being in 3d with 3d controls triggers me. I want to have the "isometric" 3d style of 3d World as a creation style. Not just for the hub world.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've not touched NSMBU Deluxe since I finished the main campaign.

Should I sell that and get this in it's stead, even if I don't think I'm much of a level creator kind of guy?

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
I need y'all to go ahead and start re-making Super Mario World levels ASAP.

This might already exist, but are we planning to have a thread dedicated to user levels? Figured that'd be easier than searching this thread?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I've not touched NSMBU Deluxe since I finished the main campaign.

Should I sell that and get this in it's stead, even if I don't think I'm much of a level creator kind of guy?
Take a good look at the tools there is in Mario Maker 2 and see if that is enough for you to just have levels with these tools.
NSMBU is vastly more complete as far as possible challenges because there's a lot of stuffs the devs could do that it absolutely impossible in Mario Maker 1&2.
As far as I can tell you're never going to have enough time to play even mildly competent levels in MM2 (There's already enough content out there for MM1 to last multiple lifetimes and that was on WiiU! WiiU! the console no one bought)

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I need y'all to go ahead and start re-making Super Mario World levels ASAP.

This might already exist, but are we planning to have a thread dedicated to user levels? Figured that'd be easier than searching this thread?
Remaking levels is a good exercise but in MM1 it was a bit limiting so usually what I would would be use the base existing level and go from there.
Another possibility was actually trying to mash multiple levels together
It worked quite well I found
if you have Mario Maker 1 and waiting for MM2 to come you can try the level I'm talking about here :

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
If there is one thing I don't like that much is thst the nsmb and the 3d world anesthetic are very similar and the nsmbu theme could just well not be here.
When they showed the 3d world style, I shortly hoped that we could make the kinda isometric 3d levels of 3d world instead of it being a strictly 2d style.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
If there is one thing I don't like that much is thst the nsmb and the 3d world anesthetic are very similar and the nsmbu theme could just well not be here.
When they showed the 3d world style, I shortly hoped that we could make the kinda isometric 3d levels of 3d world instead of it being a strictly 2d style.
Both styles play very differently though.
And 3D levels were going to be a nightmare to make.
I mean it's hard enough trying to make something 2D.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I have so many ideas for levels, the wait is killing me! Really excited to pick this up and get building tomorrow. I wasn't much of a builder when the first game came out, but I've seen the light and it's just not as intimidating as other level making games.

OP
OP

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is there a possibility to get a place (be it a post or even a gdoc) where it would be possible to see all the levels submitted?
Yes, all the levels will be compiled and shared pretty soon after submissions end. In the meantime, you can just put "Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition" into the search bar and it'll show ya all the levels submitted.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Yes, all the levels will be compiled and shared pretty soon after submissions end. In the meantime, you can just put "Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition" into the search bar and it'll show ya all the levels submitted.
That's perfect, thanks!
I look forward to what I'll submit.
With any luck I'll have all kinds of ideas that aren't just crap...

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be focused on playing with the editor in the early days, but I already recognize a few of you as people I blindly trust to make good levels based on my experience with your work in SMM1, and I will definitely be subscribing right away to catch up at my own pace.

Watching a few of the early Endless Super Expert streams, the early content pool looks surprisingly reasonable. There's some rubbish here and there, as expected, and it's sure to get worse over the weekend rush, but the people who know what they're doing have shown up guns blazing.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
I haven't been keeping up much with this game lately, was it ever confirmed if there is an extra style with 3D World?

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After putting hundreds of hours into the first Mario Maker all these new themes and music feel so fresh. The game looks so much better now and the 3D World theme is great.

Can't wait to dive into level building on the weekend.