• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Finally have a level uploaded!

9Md2vsx.jpg

Bowser Bucket 2 Bootastic Boogaloo

429-5YM-9HG

An autoscroller that serves as a psuedo-sequel to a level I made in Mario Maker 1. It's a progressive escalation into a choatic ending.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
BOAyd3F.jpg

This is a fairly easy breezy stage in comparison to my last one (which is currently at a... 1.36% clear rate) and is kind of a spiritual successor to my second stage, The Dig, in being maybe kinda challenging in a spot or two but more about a little story that unfolds.

Edit: remade it because I'm stupid and didn't realize you could just break some blocks, nullifying the need for P-Switches in two rooms.

Reupping this with the proper code because I had to remake it. Thanks to someone in the comments for pointing out a really obvious mistake I couldn't believe I didn't notice.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition
Timing is Everying!
LY9-QVR-3WG

66138262_10102276051132508_5248545053273489408_o.jpg

Its all about keeping time to the blinking blocks and moving accordingly! 1,2,3, jump!
Give it a shot, give me feedback!

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017

God of War: Prologue

0LS-GBD-WWG

After the cremation ceremony Kratos and Atreus go on a dangerous adventure. After defeating monsters and avoiding traps they come back home but who is this unexpected guest?..

D-uWqxBUEAERxRc.jpg:large

this is so dumb

Oct 27, 2017
Alameda, CA
Finished my second level last night, playing around with the Koopa Kart! Really love playing around with this mechanic, I bet we can get some REALLY crazy stuff out of it in the future.

Zoom Zoom Mushroom: 82D-KVM-HLG

D-sOAAgUwAEg6_d.jpg:large

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
I just realized you can't reply to comments on your courses. Someone praised my course, but complained that there were no 1ups for Endless Mode, but there's two hidden in the course.

Oct 28, 2017
So you can't upload a new version of a course without deleting the original. Laaaaaame. Look my course don't get a lot of plays. The plays I do get I want to keep!

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Yay ! I managed to add a picture of my level and thus earned the right to get destroyed in the era competition !

Don't hesitate to try this tale of Mario job interview appointment at the flying switch factory and how his meeting with the manager will turn out (690-9LV-3WG btw)

I'll try some levels posted here later in the evening I hope, some ideas seem pretty neat !

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone beat my stage yet? 6CK-75L-25G
Gave it a few tries.

I like the concept a lot but I'm not a fan of zero margin for error levels. Also I think you should put the beetle shell on some kind of respawner otherwise if you accidentally throw the shell on your own head you soft lock the level.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gave it a few tries.

I like the concept a lot but I'm not a fan of zero margin for error levels. Also I think you should put the beetle shell on some kind of respawner otherwise if you accidentally throw the shell on your own head you soft lock the level.
Yea I thought about putting shell on respawn but I figured if the shell lands on your head your pretty much dead anyway

There's also a slightly hidden checkpoint right before that section

I may re upload it to fix a small exploit I found and make some changes then I haven't decided if I'm going to though

Last edited:

BBech

Jun 20, 2019
SUBMISSION FOR RESETERA'S OFFICIAL COMPETITION

Snagging Coins in Scarlet Space

66098424_10219781547988475_3697757552394633216_n.jpg

Theme: Night Airship
Style: Super Mario Bros.
Tags: Speedrun, Theme
Difficulty: 2/4

Description: The Crimson Armada has stolen the red coins! Please, return them to Earth!

Maker's not:e This course utilizes see-saws, slopes and claws as well as the Night Airship theme to make a course that cohesively represents an outerspace adventure while focusing heavily on new mechanics. My thought was, can I use the new elements to make something akin to a mission in Mario Galaxy, and I believe having a search for Pink Coins was a perfect fit. I hope you enjoy playing this level as I did making it. Let me know what you think!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also here's two levels not part of the competition:

OVERGROWN GROVE:
LH8-3RF-M3G
66002664_10219781776274182_7971671837832642560_n.jpg

TIME VORTEX VILLAGE:
1YY-JWM-TVG

66048246_10219781776474187_4629197592230625280_n.jpg

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Hey, how do I get rid of that "parts" thing in the bottom left corner of the screen? It gets in the way sometimes.

Also, when playing the wii style mario levels, I keep doing the ground-pound in mid-air, unintentionally in the middle of a jump, ground-pounding myself to death. I'll still do it while I'm trying not to, just the way my thumb moves, I guess. Any way to assign the ground pound to a shoulder button instead of "down"?

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
No game has me raging as much as this one.
I always get trial and error levels in endless expert and it sucks.
Also fudge the snake block.

iag

Oct 27, 2017

Made a super simple golf course using the super ball power. Very easy but I'm hoping to make a bigger better version of it as my next level if I can. Level code is JL4-0PK-88G for those who can't see tweets.

I liked it. Since the theme of your level is the ball mechanic and not platforming, maybe you should put a pipe with the ball inside of it on the rooms, or on a central room, for when the player touch the saws and can't progress? This way they won't need to restart the level only to get the power up back.

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, how do I get rid of that "parts" thing in the bottom left corner of the screen? It gets in the way sometimes.

Also, when playing the wii style mario levels, I keep doing the ground-pound in mid-air, unintentionally in the middle of a jump, ground-pounding myself to death. I'll still do it while I'm trying not to, just the way my thumb moves, I guess. Any way to assign the ground pound to a shoulder button instead of "down"?
Put Mario above the panel that it disappears.

Are you using the pro controller?

fierygunrob

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2018

Description: The Crimson Armada has stolen the red coins! Please, return them to Earth!

Maker's not:e This course utilizes see-saws, slopes and claws as well as the Night Airship theme to make a course that cohesively represents an outerspace adventure while focusing heavily on new mechanics. My thought was, can I use the new elements to make something akin to a mission in Mario Galaxy, and I believe having a search for Pink Coins was a perfect fit. I hope you enjoy playing this level as I did making it. Let me know what you think!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVERGROWN GROVE:
LH8-3RF-M3G

TIME VORTEX VILLAGE:
1YY-JWM-TVG

From the screenshots, the aesthetic on these looks great! I'll be checking them out as soon as I've finished sleeping my way to 100 levels in easy endless

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France

OVERGROWN GROVE:
LH8-3RF-M3G

TIME VORTEX VILLAGE:
1YY-JWM-TVG

I'm always trying to do some Nice visuals, but damn, judging from these screenshots, I still have a lot to learn...

ragingbegal

Oct 27, 2017
I made a level themed after the movie "It Follows." I'm planning to submit it to the Resetera course contest but could use a playtester. If anyone is willing to playtest it for me I will play at least one of theirs tonight or this weekend and will provide feedback.

It Follows
Course Code: QR5-0R7-6SF
Description: A bad encounter has left Mario haunted by a relentless mushroom. Can our unfortunate hero dodge the entity while navigating puzzles to free himself from the curse before it is too late?

This stage sees Mario pursued by the rotten mushroom. I designed several puzzles that are intended to trap the mushroom and free the way forward. However, I could use some help figuring out of the puzzles or level are too difficult since I, obviously, already know the solutions. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Last edited:

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Made a level based on my most popular creation from SMM1.

Big Brain Academy Bros. Deluxe
Level-ID: VHJ-VGV-BJF

unbenanntl1kp6.png

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Made a level based on my most popular creation from SMM1.

Big Brain Academy Bros. Deluxe
Level-ID: VHJ-VGV-BJF

unbenanntl1kp6.png
This was really cool except I did not get what I was meant to be looking for on the last question
I straight up did not see the coins so I thought it was asking for goombrats vs goombas. Even on the second pass I didn't see the coins behind them until I was already out of the section and went "oh"

iag

Oct 27, 2017
What? No, it's always there, WHILE I'm playing a level, like in story mode.
Can I not get rid of it?

Yes.
Sorry, now I get what you said. I don't know how to remove it either. It appears when you die 2 or 3 to times on story mode. I confused it.

Have you played Tetris99? Maybe your pro controller has a fault d-pad?

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017

OVERGROWN GROVE:
LH8-3RF-M3G

TIME VORTEX VILLAGE:
1YY-JWM-TVG

I played Time Vortex Village and Scarlet Space levels this morning and they are absolutely awesome. They made me feel incredibly inadequate about my own levels. Ha ha ha...

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Sorry, now I get what you said. I don't know how to remove it either. It appears when you die 2 or 3 to times on story mode. I confused it.

Have you played Tetris99? Maybe your pro controller has a fault d-pad?
No, pad's fine, it's me, just how my thumb rocks back and forth, can't help by press down once in a while while in the middle of navigating a jump, especially back-and-forth wall-jumping. I remember it happened a lot in the WiiU mario game on that console as well, though more often now, perhaps due to the crazier jump navigations required in this game.

BBech

Jun 20, 2019
I played Time Vortex Village and Scarlet Space levels this morning and they are absolutely awesome. They made me feel incredibly inadequate about my own levels. Ha ha ha...

And yet you're obliterating me in the likes department. Your level design trumps mine and it's not even close. Thanks for the feedback on the visuals guys. That's absolutely my favorite part of the game: using the tools to make art that doubles as a gameplay mechanic. If you like the art on those, I recommend checking out my Battle Royale stage too, as I made mansions,cities, houses and even a factory-- trying to make a variety of places to "land." Sometimes I wish you could just make art stages, the way some creators make music stages. But honestly, you want it to be both fun to play and look at!

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Played my first online game today. This is abysmal. With Smash I was like already "all right, I won't play online then" but here... How can you fuck up something like this and it's like Nintendo don't even acknowledge there are problems

Last edited:

BushidoBro

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished my Winter themed level. Nothing too crazy, just a standard level with few platforming challenges involving claws.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

I finished my first level after a couple of days working on it right at the release. I'm pretty sceptical with my stuff, but everyone who played it already loved it.
I think my boss fight is pretty cool and special. I'm really proud about how the AI reacts, how Bowser uses the "safe area" left and right and how my special idea works out here.
I'm also pretty proud about my second area, I think it plays pretty well. The water part in the level is also pretty cool.
It's a pretty classic Mario level, not too hard and not too long, even if it feels a bit long in the first playthrough, there are a lot of opportunities to get through the level quickly. Have fun.

Jungle Fever
Course-ID: CXD-5PL-QXG
Super Mario 3D World Theme

Here's also a little video I uploaded a few days ago from the boss fight.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, looks like my last level is gonna end up being my Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition

The Jungle

02J-0HJ-JQF
Mario learns how the sausage gets made.

3p0BLjK.jpg

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Something that I always tried to keep in mind for SMM1 but I think I've forgotten for SMM2: it's not just "the level is harder than you think it is," it's "every hazard, no matter how seemingly harmless, will be the hazard that kills someone" and "every mechanic that seems naturally obvious to you is going to be really confusing for someone else."

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
And I'm not done anymore.

D-u1Fi_UEAAaBcz

I thought I was finished when I completed my trilogy of Haunted House levels.

But no, no, like a true franchise it's time to reboot.

Déjà Boo, a Key & Peele Re-Boo-t
ID: DDJ RY3 2SG

I took all the feedbacks I received for Part 3 to heart and tried something different.

It's still a Haunted House, but it really is a reboot. It's more straightforward and does feel like a true Ghost level with actual action and clear goals.
I feel like it's still twisty enough to be part of the series, but it really is way simpler to grasp.

There is no need to play the previous parts to appreciate it.

.... but if you missed them... they've got the same theme: no enemies, no need to know fancy jumps, a couple of rooms:

Part 1: Déjà Boo All Over Again (9WS HYB 1QG)
Part 2: Déjà Boo, Part Boo: Boo Harder (TY3 X8D R1G)
Part 3: Déjà Boo 3: Tokyo Drift (7N5 FSM 7MF)

I think there's some merit in exploring which effects and objects bring light to darkened areas, because I imagine there's potential to do something interesting with that. In particular, I'm wondering if it's possible to have periodic 'lightning strikes' being triggered.

I'll try to see if I get inspired with this set-up for the next part now. Hope you enjoy the new one.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I've had trouble with this being a little finnicky. One thing to note is that to have the camera locked from the moment you enter the room, you need to make Mario enter from nearish to the middle. So what I ended up doing was having a warp pipe from the ceiling deposit Mario into the center of any room i wanted scroll locked. Having a pipe come in from the side of the room didn't work because the camera was centered on Mario and not the center of the room initially.

If you want to see an example, this level I made has non-scrolling rooms. 91Y-XPH-RNF (Sort of a proof-of-concept of a coin collecting game with the superball but couldn't quite get it smoothed out right.)

So I finally had a chance to play around more with this (though sadly not with enough time to make a level for the competition) and I think I found the problem. There was a stray brick several squares above the locked room I made. If I just try to make one room directly next to another, it works perfectly. They can even share a single brick wall. But if I try to stack the rooms one on top of the other, it wasn't working for me.

I'll keep playing and see what other limitations there are, but this was a bit of a letdown. Hopefully I can still make most of what I was imagining.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Got my game today - I'm in Europe, bought physical, pre-ordered but didn't get the stylus since my first payment was declined since I moved since I ordered and forgot to change the address for the payment on the order...

Anyway anyone got the IDs on Dan from Giant Bomb? Wanna try their levels from time to time.

So far I only played story mode and I like it! 3D world plays a little disappointing, but what can you do. World and 3 are fantastic and I really love the new items like the dry shell boat!

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Ok, looks like my last level is gonna end up being my Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition

The Jungle

02J-0HJ-JQF
Mario learns how the sausage gets made.

3p0BLjK.jpg

Dammit I got stuck at the beginning, managed to beat the boom boom but wasn't able to jump out of the trap. If you don't bounce over the boom boom you're dead it seems...

Edit : sorry for dp

solarhorse

Jul 4, 2019
I got two levels I'd like to share.

The first is a one screen puzzle using the 3D World Style, taking advantage of the clear pipes.

One Screen Puzzle, Hamster Cage
KY5-04T-YJG

The second is a sandbox level with an emphasis on exploration. I'd particularly like some critique on this level, as few people seem able to complete it, and I'd like to know what I can do to balance it and make it more enjoyable.

500 coins in the bayou
DN6-DP8-XJF

Have fun!

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France

I finished my first level after a couple of days working on it right at the release. I'm pretty sceptical with my stuff, but everyone who played it already loved it.
I think my boss fight is pretty cool and special. I'm really proud about how the AI reacts, how Bowser uses the "safe area" left and right and how my special idea works out here.
I'm also pretty proud about my second area, I think it plays pretty well. The water part in the level is also pretty cool.
It's a pretty classic Mario level, not too hard and not too long, even if it feels a bit long in the first playthrough, there are a lot of opportunities to get through the level quickly. Have fun.

Jungle Fever
Course-ID: CXD-5PL-QXG
Super Mario 3D World Theme

Here's also a little video I uploaded a few days ago from the boss fight.

Intense boss fight !

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dammit I got stuck at the beginning, managed to beat the boom boom but wasn't able to jump out of the trap. If you don't bounce over the boom boom you're dead it seems...

Edit : sorry for dp
Yeah, you have to bounce over that last wall or else you are doomed there. Boom Boom tends to be a pretty annoying fight, so I was trying to turn it into something a little more structured and less just him hopping all over the place.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
So I dunno how it happened, but playing multiplayer vs I got the following two levels within 15 minutes of each other

The battleship from GMshadow
M2T-HHL-2NG
Uploaded on 06/29/19

And

Bowser's cannon hell
PCP-RHN-8XG
Uploaded 07/01/19

And the latter is a pretty blatant copy paste but in the nsmbu style instead of smb3

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The second is a sandbox level with an emphasis on exploration. I'd particularly like some critique on this level, as few people seem able to complete it, and I'd like to know what I can do to balance it and make it more enjoyable.

500 coins in the bayou
DN6-DP8-XJF

Have fun!

It's a bit too long for me. I like the design of the level and the challenges are fun but running out of time really takes the wind out of my sails.