• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got another one here, and I put it together pretty quickly. Pretty standard Mario, no gimmicks or fancy tricks. Sky level with plenty of bumpers and floating platforms.
By the way, I do follow and play the levels of others who play mine, so let's help each other out. :)

Bouncing Through the Clouds
0LB-K5P-XWG

My previous courses...
Deep in the Jungle: YK0-6J8-D5G
Climb the Tower, Save Yoshi!: B97-KDS-2WG

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Could someone play my level please.
Been stuck at zero for more than 8 hours. :-(

4J2-0SS-V5G

Cool idea! My only issue is that it seems like there's soft lock potential at a certain part

The part where you have to use inviisble blocks to guide bob-ombs up a conveyer belt

Otherwise I liked the level, so that gets a heart from me!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I got another one here, and I put it together pretty quickly. Pretty standard Mario, no gimmicks or fancy tricks. Sky level with plenty of bumpers and floating platforms.
By the way, I do follow and play the levels of others who play mine, so let's help each other out. :)

Bouncing Through the Clouds
0LB-K5P-XWG

My previous courses...
Deep in the Jungle: YK0-6J8-D5G
Climb the Tower, Save Yoshi!: B97-KDS-2WG

lol Most accurate name for a level ever. Nice jolly time :)
I'll try the other two next!

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition
Icicle Shooting Gallery
6CW 2LR 0SG

XeY43Sr.png

My submission is actually not really a Mario level, but a minigame! Test your icicle-shooting skills across 4 different stages in this laid back, death-free level!

Here's a preview of how it plays (this is one of the aforementioned 4 stages):

Check it out, feedback is welcome!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Made a little twist on the classic Mario 3 Airship stage. Pretty easy going imo.

Fire Flower Heist QM7-V12-Q6G
Moles are harvesting the fire flowers. Board their airship and blow it up!

Core Zero

Oct 25, 2017
After a long day of BBQ burgers and hot dogs, why not relax with a tour of Bowser's Meat Packing Plant?

The Jungle
02J-0HJ-JQF

Looking for a little feedback on this one, as it's the first time I've tried so many contraptions and the like. Interested to see which ones people are able to break.

Clever theming and visuals in this one. Pretty good level but there were a couple places where I felt the intended actions for progress were unclear. Namely the first on/off seitch section with the conveyor platforms, because you don't see what the switches are affecting right away. It's clear on a second try but you've already died once of you don't catch it. The other was the bombomb chain, because there's a lot of visual "noise" on that screen. Again, it's pretty obvious after you see it once, but I still died to reacting slowly. Not necessarily bad, just something to keep in mind.

Made another standard level if some people wouldn't mind getting the played ball rolling :)

It's called snow plants. SMW stand Mario level

SB4-35K-2SF

Nice easier level, grabbed the WR :) I like how in a lot of places it makes more sense to go under rather than over the plants, it's a clever little trick to make the level play more smoothly. In the vertical section there's the one plant as you're jumping up that's easy to hit if you're going fast, or if it jumped up off screen, the path looks safe, but then it lands on your head. Just a minor quibble.

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition"

Bob-omb! Clear the way!

"Mario is trapped deep inside Bowser's lair and needs the help of an unexpected fiend to find a way out. But beware of the koopa King guarding the exit."

4J2-0SS-V5G

Oct 25, 2017
cosmetic items being locked behind achievements briefly ruined my enjoyment of the game as i tried to grind them out and stressed about medals being too difficult to obtain as time passes and leaderboard scores rise

however, then i realized that the outfit i had was already fashionable enough and that i didn't really like a way a lot of the harder to obtain outfits looked

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm about to put in a significant amount of time into the game this weekend. I'll finally start work on my second course and play some of yours :)

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Clever theming and visuals in this one. Pretty good level but there were a couple places where I felt the intended actions for progress were unclear. Namely the first on/off seitch section with the conveyor platforms, because you don't see what the switches are affecting right away. It's clear on a second try but you've already died once of you don't catch it. The other was the bombomb chain, because there's a lot of visual "noise" on that screen. Again, it's pretty obvious after you see it once, but I still died to reacting slowly. Not necessarily bad, just something to keep in mind.
Thanks for the feedback! In the case of the bobomb thing. I was so focused on making it work reliably, I wasn't taking into account how players would read the situation. I'll definitely think more about that next time.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
cosmetic items being locked behind achievements briefly ruined my enjoyment of the game as i tried to grind them out and stressed about medals being too difficult to obtain as time passes and leaderboard scores rise

however, then i realized that the outfit i had was already fashionable enough and that i didn't really like a way a lot of the harder to obtain outfits looked

Banzai bill shirt is still my GOAT.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Against my better judgement I deleted and fixed up a few little details of the level I uploaded this morning. Now to hope I can get those likes back...

NeuroCloud

Banned
Jun 10, 2019

(
Note: I edited this post before the deadline)

Course Name: Moonwalking

ID: C44-PJJ-JBG

Description: Mario has lost that spring in his step. Help him learn the moonwalk!

D-TioGlUYAM2vLj

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Hey man. Saw you play my course. Right, if I give you a hint can you give the course another try please? The Yoshi level. Basically you were taking the completely wrong approach. I thought I made it as clear as possible with the arrow at the start. Please please give the level another go. Here's my hint. "Run Yoshi!" was put in the description for a reason. The arrow at the start is there for a reason.

Man it's real disheartening to see the level played like that. I genuinely didn't think the start would stump people that bad.

Please dude. Try it again.

My takeaway from this? That mushroom I gave was misleading. I see why you tried what you did. I only gave the mushroom in case the player makes a mistake. Some room for error. It absolutely is not necessary.

I won't be streaming mario maker until Sunday as to give people time to make new levels and submit them. You can submit it again at that time

Oct 25, 2017
After ten mind-numbing hours, I've finally finished my first course:

D-q_XKiU0AA4fU0.jpg

I started creating it just to get a grip on the toolset and maker interface, but after a while I was relatively happy with the intro section so I decided to keep rolling with it instead of solely using the level as a testing ground. Because I didn't go into it with a clear vision, I began with something messy and sanded it down with foundational design principles after the fact—in that way, I put the cart before the horse.

Still, I spent over two hours just on playtesting and polish. And even though I could have easily spent three times that long further refining things, I had to let go for the sake of my own sanity. As they say, shipping beats perfection.

I *do* have an inspired idea for my next level that I'm deliciously excited about, but I'm already overwhelmed by the thought of another huge time commitment for a level that will last less than three minutes. Maybe if we weren't getting freaking DQB2/MUA3/FE3H in BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK WEEKS I'd make it a priority, but as it is I'll probably stay content by finishing up the story mode levels (which I'm thrilled to see I still have quite a few of, despite 100%'ing the castle!)

One miscellaneous note: Why on earth is the level description capped at 75 characters? That's ludicrously stingy.

Just snagged the first clear on this. I thought it was pretty reasonable, especially for a level that grew out of your first editor tests; the overall structure became pretty evident to me within a few sloppy attempts, and it was also very clear what to do with the boss. This was definitely a "run around, see what's located where, then do it" stage.

The main thing I would advise is to focus a bit more on managing the camera, and designing obstacles around when it scrolls with the player and when it doesn't. This is particularly true of the airship theme, since the camera bobs up and down. There is a particular kind of SMM level that strikes me as something that I know must look better in the editor than it does to me as a player, especially when it comes to spacious layouts like this one that stretch from floor to ceiling. I don't know how you are doing your playtesting, but if you are mainly doing it with individual segments by swapping from Make to Play to get a handle on how the platforming feels (which is what the UI is designed to encourage), it's easy to miss that what you're looking at isn't what the player will see when they start the level from the beginning.

I find—and I certainly learnt this the hard way as well—that it's really necessary to scroll into an obstacle if you want to test it properly, especially now that scroll stop is part of the toolset. Otherwise you run into some of the issues I did early on in this stage, like not being able to see the platforms on the bottom level until I waited for the camera to reveal them (or until I acquired their position through error), or seeing the droplets from the icicles on the ceiling while having no way to gauge the vertical distance of their approach. For a spacious design, it makes a world of difference to think as hard about where the camera is going as where the player is going, and to playtest with your eyes on the edges of the screen.

Can't stand the 75-character limit either, but I'm notoriously verbose.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
It's important to remember that the levels aren't made in isolation. They need to take into consideration what the player has experienced up to this point, specifically their level of skill and the game knowledge they are likely sitting on at that point in time they reach that stage. Also, the game over based ones are designed around the player crafting a route through the levels that increases the chance of survival and maximize the coins/1ups you grab, hence looking for secrets is encouraged, however in MM there is exactly 0 incentive to dabble with optional side content which only results in coins and 1ups. I avoid and go straight for the objective. It's pointless content that serves no purpose. That is why it makes more sense to make a self-contained gimmick stage instead of a standard one, self-contained in the sense that you introduce the player to relevant concepts as though they have limited experience with them: exactly what the story mode levels are doing. You could also opt to make an expert version that assumes the player has a high skill and high knowledge around your concept and avoid anything that will be considered trivial, in that case you are tuning the level for a particular crowd, which is fine too.

It's not entirely true that optional side routes and content don't have a purpose. There's still fun to be had in exploring said routes and also if you're playing in endless mode at least, coins and lived mean more lives. You definitely have a point though which is why I think Nintendo introduced win conditions.

Jan 25, 2018
Am I allowed to post a level just for fun? This is my very first level, made as I tried to get used to the new (and sort of confusing) controls.

21W-XN6-7NF
Green Wood & Mire
Mario has wandered into the thick of it again. Look out!

I'm looking forward to exploring that spreadsheet and seeing what you've all come up with.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
So, Nina for Smash Bros when
latest
Seriously though, probably my favorite new Mario character. Her banter with the old man pigeon is superb.
Incidentally, someone should tweet Supper Mario Broth and ask if those tutorial videos are the first instance of the word "senpai" in an English Mario script.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
thabeast, Mario Maker 2 streamer, got my level in super expert on day 1. Today he uploaded it to YouTube! He enjoys it a lot too which inspired me to do as many levels as I've done now.

Starts at the 4 minute mark.

He calls it a kaizo level tho which feels a bit much but sure! Not easy at all.

That's pretty cool. I've no idea how anyone can beat those kind of levels.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017

Just a quick one today, a single screen obstacle course called Out Of The Frying Pan. It's a fair bit harder than my other levels, but nothing unfair or overly punishing. I've made it so that you can see everything you have to get past right from the start, so you can plan things out.
G9G-CCQ-4DG

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
BOAyd3F.jpg

This is a fairly easy breezy stage in comparison to my last one (which is currently at a... 1.36% clear rate) and is kind of a spiritual successor to my second stage, The Dig, in being maybe kinda challenging in a spot or two but more about a little story that unfolds.

Edit: remade it because I'm stupid and didn't realize you could just break some blocks, nullifying the need for P-Switches in two rooms.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Purrfect 10
69L-JFD-94G

I set up a wee obstacle course for Cat Mario with a coin criteria that should help keep people on the right track.
Buuuut, what I want to know is how clear is it? are the coins too much? is it too easy? maybe it's actually too hard!
I'm trying to gauge levels of chellenge here, the unwritten rule is that it's always harder than you think it is.

As an aside, this requires you know that Cat Mario can climb fences, dive in the air and of course clamber walls...and one long jump near the start that isn't necessary but you want those coins!

I really must thank you for this one.

As much as I liked Story Mode, it was too small a sampler for me to really get a hang of several of the new mechanics to the point where I would be comfortable with levels that focused on them. I still don't have the hang of Twisters, the 3DW builder/hammer takes a ton of adjustment because it has a wind-up time before you can dash, I only really understood crates today after making a level around them (which will probably be tough on people unused to crates), and coming into this I certainly didn't have any grip at all on the cat suit. Some of the 3DW mechanics play so differently here than they do in 3DW proper that it's like picking up a whole Mario style without having an official, full-sized Nintendo game around as a reference point. I think the highest compliment I can pay your level, then, is that by the end of it, I felt like I totally understood how Cat Mario works in this game. (In Story Mode I was instinctively diving everywhere and never consistently understood how to lean into a wall climb to distinguish it from a wall jump.)

I said this already in a course comment, but I was very relieved to get far enough in the level to confirm that yes, the coins are plentiful and I was allowed to be a bit sloppy in places and still reach 100 easily. At first, when I saw the looping structure of the pipes on the first screen, I had some mild trepidation that I'd have to loop back multiple times to clean up anything I missed. (On the other hand, the in-game clear condition was clear about not specifying "all".)

You'll notice that a ton of death markers are clustered right at the start. This would be because the very first thing you test is the long jump, which threw me off a bit because I thought this was a cat course; it took me a moment to process that something else entirely was going on. I didn't have a problem with it (one of the great design landmarks for me is the first screen in DKCTF's Bopopolis, which is basically there to say, "Look, you'd better learn this game's bounce timing now because if you don't know it, you're not going to survive the rest"), but it did seem strange that this is the one and only place where you need the long jump, and I'm sure a lot of players will wipe out right there, wondering why nothing in the guide concerning cats is of any help. (Reading your description, I guess it wasn't actually necessary—but with the lava rising fast, and no indication at that point that there is so much wiggle room with the coin supply, you can bet that players will throw themselves at the coins and miss.)

Anyway, this was a great training ground, and it's the kind of course that would probably have a much higher clear rate with a mature player base that already has the hang of the controls across all styles, the way that handling shellmets and Clown Cars became second-nature after a while in SMM1.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Sooooooooooo I have made my first speed-runner although it's more about don't falling than breaking a record. I tried to make it themed as an ice cavern melting in which Mario has to make it out in time. Plenty of icicles + on/off switch interactions between them. Let me know what you think!

Melting Point JBJ-D5B-YDG

eQhxKD7.jpg

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Ok, one specific question and one general question, if anyone could help me?

How many ways are there to destroy a block in the SMW stages?
I'm talking about the normal blocks (not the floor/ceiling, not the ? blocks). As far as I know, it's only possible with bombs?

And in a more general way, is there a place with helpful guides and lists of items and possibilities?
I'm new to MM since I've never played the Wii U, and I feel like I'm missing a ton of stuff.

Thanks!

ShellFoyer

Oct 30, 2017
Purrfect 10
69L-JFD-94G

I set up a wee obstacle course for Cat Mario with a coin criteria that should help keep people on the right track.
Buuuut, what I want to know is how clear is it? are the coins too much? is it too easy? maybe it's actually too hard!
I'm trying to gauge levels of chellenge here, the unwritten rule is that it's always harder than you think it is.

As an aside, this requires you know that Cat Mario can climb fences, dive in the air and of course clamber walls...and one long jump near the start that isn't necessary but you want those coins!

It was a fun challenge. I died 7 or 8 times, but I wanted to keep trying and it remained fun. Everything was clear to me.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, one specific question and one general question, if anyone could help me?

How many ways are there to destroy a block in the SMW stages?
I'm talking about the normal blocks (not the floor/ceiling, not the ? blocks). As far as I know, it's only possible with bombs?

And in a more general way, is there a place with helpful guides and lists of items and possibilities?
I'm new to MM since I've never played the Wii U, and I feel like I'm missing a ton of stuff.

Thanks!

Spike helmet and big thwomps come at the top of my head.

Oct 30, 2017
GCH 98M GYF

I made this level and found it fun. My first time trying to figure the controls out but it is pretty hard. Good luck.

Feb 20, 2019
Hey, I'd like some feedback about my most recent level, the Forgotten Jungle Temple: it focuses mainly on the snake block and it has plenty of details everywhere. It's also pretty short!

Edit: jesus christ I am so stupid. Here's the id: 4V7-462-P1H

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Anyone watching Panga trying to upload his new stage?

Absolutely ingenuous stage design but dude has been at it for 4 hours or so and honestly seems to be at a stalemate. Rough.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Just finished my third level. I quite like it, I'm rather proud of it!

Play tested it a bunch and I always like things to be tough but very fair. I definitely try to make my levels fun challenges and not something you need to be a crazy speed runner to play. I think anyone pretty good at Mario games can enjoy them, at least I hope!

I would love any feedback, especially concerning the difficulty as I would love to know if people consider it too easy or too hard.

"Molehill Out Of A Mountain"

VYR-D9M-MYF

D-s8etaU4AAqWdQ

Punxsutawney

Apr 18, 2018

The Darkness

7G0-8JS-NVG

MO8q25O.jpg

I put alot of effort into the visuals and mood of this one. Really proud of it. I aimed to make it challenging but fair - once you figure out the solutions, you can breeze through it. Hope you enjoy!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Discovery of the day: Scroll Stop appears to override Autoscroll, and it starts up again when the scroll stop is broken. It must be possible to do *something* with that, surely?

(See the Follow The Arrow level currently in the hot section)

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Bully the Bullies
XD6-BST-WJF

D-tFwjcU8AECA-m.jpg:large

There are a ton of hidden goodies. Two hidden exits. Also a fair checkpoint. This is one instance where bullies are actually cool. Constructive Feedback welcomed!

Oct 25, 2017
Just snagged the first clear on this. I thought it was pretty reasonable, especially for a level that grew out of your first editor tests; the overall structure became pretty evident to me within a few sloppy attempts, and it was also very clear what to do with the boss. This was definitely a "run around, see what's located where, then do it" stage.

The main thing I would advise is to focus a bit more on managing the camera, and designing obstacles around when it scrolls with the player and when it doesn't. This is particularly true of the airship theme, since the camera bobs up and down. There is a particular kind of SMM level that strikes me as something that I know must look better in the editor than it does to me as a player, especially when it comes to spacious layouts like this one that stretch from floor to ceiling. I don't know how you are doing your playtesting, but if you are mainly doing it with individual segments by swapping from Make to Play to get a handle on how the platforming feels (which is what the UI is designed to encourage), it's easy to miss that what you're looking at isn't what the player will see when they start the level from the beginning.

I find—and I certainly learnt this the hard way as well—that it's really necessary to scroll into an obstacle if you want to test it properly, especially now that scroll stop is part of the toolset. Otherwise you run into some of the issues I did early on in this stage, like not being able to see the platforms on the bottom level until I waited for the camera to reveal them (or until I acquired their position through error), or seeing the droplets from the icicles on the ceiling while having no way to gauge the vertical distance of their approach. For a spacious design, it makes a world of difference to think as hard about where the camera is going as where the player is going, and to playtest with your eyes on the edges of the screen.

Can't stand the 75-character limit either, but I'm notoriously verbose.
I very much appreciate the detailed feedback. Despite being somewhat cognizant of how cramped the stage's horizontal margins were, I didn't do enough to properly balance the field of view--especially when combined with the airship's fluid camera. It's very hard not to get tunnel-vision when spending so long on a course, so it's extremely helpful to hear from someone who's approaching the level with fresh eyes.

I'll certainly be mindful of this whenever I get around to making another one. Thanks again for taking the time to play + critique!

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a wiki or something that catalogues all the little object, blocks, and enemy interactions in the game? For example, a page that shows everything that can hit a P Switch without Mario.

(I know the game is barely a week old but it does carry a lot over from the first Mario Maker)

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Nice easier level, grabbed the WR :) I like how in a lot of places it makes more sense to go under rather than over the plants, it's a clever little trick to make the level play more smoothly. In the vertical section there's the one plant as you're jumping up that's easy to hit if you're going fast, or if it jumped up off screen, the path looks safe, but then it lands on your head. Just a minor quibble.

Really appreciate the feedback! I hadn't even considered that one plant might be "hidden" if you go too quickly. Good point to consider when someone is approaching your level for the first time.

And you're absolutely right, going under is the way to go. Especially in the icicle section.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
I've been too busy until now to really dig into this game, but wow, I get seriously addicted once I get started.

So this is my first level, went with a "journey through the mountains with twists and puzzles" theme. Pretty long and challenging, but hopefully not too frustrating.
Code: 8G2-FSF-HV5

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I really must thank you for this one.

As much as I liked Story Mode, it was too small a sampler for me to really get a hang of several of the new mechanics to the point where I would be comfortable with levels that focused on them. I still don't have the hang of Twisters, the 3DW builder/hammer takes a ton of adjustment because it has a wind-up time before you can dash, I only really understood crates today after making a level around them (which will probably be tough on people unused to crates), and coming into this I certainly didn't have any grip at all on the cat suit. Some of the 3DW mechanics play so differently here than they do in 3DW proper that it's like picking up a whole Mario style without having an official, full-sized Nintendo game around as a reference point. I think the highest compliment I can pay your level, then, is that by the end of it, I felt like I totally understood how Cat Mario works in this game. (In Story Mode I was instinctively diving everywhere and never consistently understood how to lean into a wall climb to distinguish it from a wall jump.)

I said this already in a course comment, but I was very relieved to get far enough in the level to confirm that yes, the coins are plentiful and I was allowed to be a bit sloppy in places and still reach 100 easily. At first, when I saw the looping structure of the pipes on the first screen, I had some mild trepidation that I'd have to loop back multiple times to clean up anything I missed. (On the other hand, the in-game clear condition was clear about not specifying "all".)

You'll notice that a ton of death markers are clustered right at the start. This would be because the very first thing you test is the long jump, which threw me off a bit because I thought this was a cat course; it took me a moment to process that something else entirely was going on. I didn't have a problem with it (one of the great design landmarks for me is the first screen in DKCTF's Bopopolis, which is basically there to say, "Look, you'd better learn this game's bounce timing now because if you don't know it, you're not going to survive the rest"), but it did seem strange that this is the one and only place where you need the long jump, and I'm sure a lot of players will wipe out right there, wondering why nothing in the guide concerning cats is of any help. (Reading your description, I guess it wasn't actually necessary—but with the lava rising fast, and no indication at that point that there is so much wiggle room with the coin supply, you can bet that players will throw themselves at the coins and miss.)

Anyway, this was a great training ground, and it's the kind of course that would probably have a much higher clear rate with a mature player base that already has the hang of the controls across all styles, the way that handling shellmets and Clown Cars became second-nature after a while in SMM1.
This confirms my thoughts that I should've just not had the long jump part, I attempted to justify it to myself by putting it at the start so it wouldn't come out near the end and conk players out, buuuut by the same logic it'll still do that, just early enough that they may quit before even getting their first wall clamber!
Might retweak it to be strictly cat moves.

Cat Mario DOES have some odd quirks not seen in 3D World I only found out when making the stage, his fence cling is permanent and of course allows for horizontal movement making it the closest equivalent to SMW/NSMB fences. In 3D World itself I'm pretty sure fences were effectively the same as walls in that Cat Mario had limited straight clamber time.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get around to your new course later.
It was a fun challenge. I died 7 or 8 times, but I wanted to keep trying and it remained fun. Everything was clear to me.
Fun is the most important thing, glad you enjoyed it, I'll study up on those death spots.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Ok I've been into this more so than any other game in the past year I'm up to...

476 courses played
416 cleared
Attempts 1117
Lives lost 670
:D
For anyone wondering how to get to the stats, you click on your avatar on the overview page where the medals are.

Oct 28, 2017
This confirms my thoughts that I should've just not had the long jump part, I attempted to justify it to myself by putting it at the start so it wouldn't come out near the end and conk players out, buuuut by the same logic it'll still do that, just early enough that they may quit before even getting their first wall clamber!
Might retweak it to be strictly cat moves.

Cat Mario DOES have some odd quirks not seen in 3D World I only found out when making the stage, his fence cling is permanent and of course allows for horizontal movement making it the closest equivalent to SMW/NSMB fences. In 3D World itself I'm pretty sure fences were effectively the same as walls in that Cat Mario had limited straight clamber time.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get around to your new course later.

Fun is the most important thing, glad you enjoyed it, I'll study up on those death spots.
His fence cling is permanent?! Ok I know what I'm doing with my next stage. Thanks. We still cant do the SMW fence thing and get enemies to climb fences though can we?