• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 19274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love some feedback on my first level!

I'm a big horror movie fan, so I wanted to make something "darker" than your average Mario fare. My level, The Descent, has you going down into the depths of hell to go through plenty of devilish puzzles, bosses, and even witness some angel torture! Are you willing to do what it takes to make it through?

LMV-FQJ-TNF

I'd say it's medium-hard in terms of difficulty - I'm far from an expert with platformers so it's a learnable hard at best. Thanks folks <3

Really enjoyed the theme. Layout was nice and the look of the level fit the horror feel you were going for. Also enjoyed a lot of the little mechanics. Liked the goombas in the fire with the ghosts. good stuff.

My only issue was how cramped it felt at times. Some of the jumps were very tight. It felt heavy designed around small Mario. Found myself crouch jumping and having to do the air spin a lot.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition

Meownster Hunter - LCG-K4R-GGG

Explore the wild frontier and hunt your prey. Beware the Meownster's lair!
This is an "open area" course that set's you off on a hunt for 12 Skipsqueaks. Prove your worth to the Hunter's guild! Stop by base camp and equip yourself with one of two different weapons, the dual clawed cat gear or the ranged fire thrower. Travel between three base camps through a fast travel pipe and discover various flora and fauna.

Hunter Tips;
-Never leave camp without a weapon and return to camp frequently if you find yourself without one.

-Don't bother the beehives and they won't bother you.

-Blue mushrooms lend a soft bouncy base but the more mature one's sprout extra vicious growths.

-This jungle's flooded ground breeds aquatic life. The rare Green Cheep Cheep is an extra special specimen sought after for it's "shimmer".

-Porcupuffers are among the most dangerous creatures, hiding in trees will keep Hunters safe.

-The underground is a fragile ecosystem, beware to preserve its state or bad luck may befall you.

-In the far reaches of the jungle's basin dwells a menacing Charvaargh so invulnerable even the water cannot extinguish its flame.

-Beware the ferocious Meownster which enjoys capturing the very prey you seek. It encases its meals for later consumption.
Only the bravest of Hunter's should do battle with the beast, those who run away live to fight another day.

65821955_10158619531598989_3780453900683837440_n.jpg

Last edited:

HollowDreamer

Oct 27, 2017
Hello! Normally I lurk around this board, but I did make a stage.

Blast the Bully down the tower!
GTB-M8F-6JF

I would appreciate feedback on it, if anyone is interested in trying it out!

It is my first stage, so I know it's difficulty may be wonky, but I hope you enjoy it all the same.

Also, there is one issue with the stage that I know about that can't be fixed. It doesn't break the stage, but it's just a mechanic I didn't foresee until I was almost done.

I had no idea that bullies can be destroyed by a bob-omb if they are pressed up right next to them and in most of my initial testing, it wasn't an issue. As the stage took shape however it became an issue. Since I didn't want to scrap all my work I decided to upload it anyway since I was almost done anyway. It also doesn't help that you can't use checkpoints in objective based stages, but that's a different issue.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Someone earlier said they were making a series of traditional SMB 3 stages but I lost the post when my browser refreshed and can't find what page that was on. Whoever you are, I want to try those stages. :)

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be honest. The part witht he star is the best part. Other than that, Ice with conveyer belts just makes it hard for me to do anything lol. The design is good and im glad it wasnt some silly super hard challenge. I think i'm just not a fan of ice in general.

Thanks so much for playing my level!

I had a feeling the star would give players a real kick. Definitely a "showpiece" for the level. Thanks for your feedback!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
A pretty good level! If I have to suggest some improvements, however, I do think that the first section with the bob-ombs is a little tedious (one or two layers of blocks instead of the five used would have sufficed).
Also, you can get softlocked if you lose Yoshi in the section after the checkpoint, as there's no wall to stop Yoshi from running off-screen.

Not sure how? You don't need yoshi at that section and I don't even know how you could lose him?

Noted on the bomb section though. Thanks!
uhhhh . huh?

Neat! good use of yoshi.

Thanks!

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
My last level is sitting at 0 plays which kinda breaks my heart but the one I just made I really want people to try out.

It's called The Slide of Our Lives and is a lot of wall jumping, sliding down slopes and fighting bosses with lots of coins to collect and hidden blocks to find! As always, feedback helps!

XV1-QMX-1WG

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
My last level is sitting at 0 plays which kinda breaks my heart but the one I just made I really want people to try out.

It's called The Slide of Our Lives and is a lot of wall jumping, sliding down slopes and fighting bosses with lots of coins to collect and hidden blocks to find! As always, feedback helps!

XV1-QMX-1WG

Off I go to the slopes! Will report back soon.

Edit;
Well that was just a jolly fun time :)
I always enjoy a good secret shortcut too

Last edited:

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Ok guys. Got a new level. Please check it out and tell me what you think

Clear the path for Yoshi: FH7-NL6-RWF

Light puzzle type level. You gotta, as the title suggests, clear the path for Yoshi!

Finally got around to playing this, really enjoyed it! Creative use of Yoshi and the switches, also like how you used Red Yoshi's fire for overcoming obstacles blocked off by walls.

HollowDreamer

Oct 27, 2017

XV1-QMX-1WG

It's solid. I feel like the first part it a bit too disjointed though.

I do like the idea of climbing all the way up to slide back down as a reward.

Some of the enemy placement felt weird, but it worked well enough. For example, fighting Boom-Boom on donut blocks is fine except he he tends to drop down from the platform above and score a hit with little warning.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

XV1-QMX-1WG

Really good level. One point thought, the enemy AI isn't reliable, the Koopa Ninja disappeared into one of the areas you had open with enemies and stayed there way longer while I just had to wait for her to show up to kill.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Made a level I'm pretty happy with tonight.

EDIT: fixed an error where you could fly across the first part of the map in seconds lol. New code is JG0-FDT-GTG

So I had to fix a pretty glaring issue with this and the only way I could see to replace it was to completely delete the old one and reupload it to get a new code. Is that right or did I miss something?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
A short and sweet coin collector.
Time to review some courses!

"Mario needs 1 Dollar. Don't Ask why."
Borrow 1 Dollar

ID: 8LX-90W-GTG

I was wondering if you'd fill the stage with an over flow of coins or keep it capped at 100. Now I'm curious what the fastest route could possibly be haha

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
Sand Bomb Escape: a little gimmicky level I just finished, its nothing hard at all and the second part is more of a little story I guess is how I can explain it lol. 4DB TGN T5G. Would appreciate a first clear to kickstart things if possible (and feedback as always)

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm having a lot of fun evolving my little maze series. Mario's Maze Madness 3 is up!
6TX-HN6-2SF

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Not sure how? You don't need yoshi at that section and I don't even know how you could lose him?

Noted on the bomb section though.

Thanks!

Never mind, I thought that you'd had to backtrack to the start of the level after grabbing the cape. For reference's sake, this is where I was talking about in regards to losing Yoshi.

66206138_2423896341220051_5035681139734347776_o.jpg

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hello! Normally I lurk around this board, but I did make a stage.

Blast the Bully down the tower!
GTB-M8F-6JF

I would appreciate feedback on it, if anyone is interested in trying it out!

It is my first stage, so I know it's difficulty may be wonky, but I hope you enjoy it all the same.

Also, there is one issue with the stage that I know about that can't be fixed. It doesn't break the stage, but it's just a mechanic I didn't foresee until I was almost done.

I had no idea that bullies can be destroyed by a bob-omb if they are pressed up right next to them and in most of my initial testing, it wasn't an issue. As the stage took shape however it became an issue. Since I didn't want to scrap all my work I decided to upload it anyway since I was almost done anyway. It also doesn't help that you can't use checkpoints in objective based stages, but that's a different issue.

Really fun idea and I love the bonus coin room too :)
But yeah, your spoiler totally happened in my run but it was pretty far down before it did.

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, good job on getting the second clear! You also beat my upload time by 1 second (though probably took advantage of the cheeses) lol
Haha, yea got to the thwomp last night before the course was completed, after seeing the speed runner do it I copied his yoshi technique which seemed super cheesy . But in my defense it took a decent amount of time to get back to the thwomp area without a little cheese. Also the two blocks above the thwomp don't respawn if you hit them and then fall (had that happen a few times because of how bad I am at launching from note blocks).

Was a fun level though and learned a lot, didn't even know how to shell jump when I started trying to beat it lol.

Last edited:

HollowDreamer

Oct 27, 2017
Sand Bomb Escape: a little gimmicky level I just finished, its nothing hard at all and the second part is more of a little story I guess is how I can explain it lol. 4DB TGN T5G. Would appreciate a first clear to kickstart things if possible (and feedback as always)
Very short and simple, but very well executed.

Only one thing was just odd the me. There's a mushroom block right next to a pipe spawning mushrooms.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
Very short and simple, but very well executed.

Only one thing was just odd the me. There's a mushroom block right next to a pipe spawning mushrooms.

thanks a lot for playing!

at first I had that mushroom block because that pipe spawning mushrooms didnt exist, then I realized 100% of players would hit that block on the way to the end and waste the "2nd" shroom I gave them to not die before the checkpoint. I added the pipe spawning mushrooms because the last bomb throw could be felt a bit too tight/frustrating for some players and I didnt really want this to be a hard level, I forgot to remove that mushroom block afterwards. Oopsie

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Here's an Evangelion themed level I've been working on for a while. It has lots of references that Eva fans might enjoy.

"Rogue MPEs have captured Rei, and Shinji is trapped in his Eva's pen. You must pilot Unit 02 as Asuka and defeat the nine MPEs. You can also try to save the 'lives' of your 2 fellow pilots." If anyone is interested, the Course ID is

J6G-NKX-DHF

There are also two secret routes that took quite a while to get just right and they have some neat Eva references in them. They aren't too tricky to find, but the execution is a bit tight. If anyone is willing to go for them I can offer help if need be.

Thanks for taking the time if you decide to play my course!

Last edited:

Deleted member 43657

Banned
May 19, 2018
SMW ghost house level! I worked really hard on this to make it as accessible and fun as possible. Please to enjoy:

Château de Villainy
48Q-42Y-1FF

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So do more Maker parts unlock somehow? I feel like I'm being shortchanged on the number of options I have.

OP
OP

Deleted member 26156

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I ran out of blocks 2/3 through making my new level I am dead.

I guess I'll just stick to making puns.

What does a Dry Bones call its house?

An a-bone-de.

Why do Thwomps like launching objects?

To let others see what they saw.

Where are all underwater accidents found?

On the Blooper reel.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
Hey everyone finally finished a stage I'm OK with

6FX-Q43-PSG
The Legend of Barry Block

It's a kaizo-light stage with no fancy tech, just pure platforming. Check it out if you feel up to it, shouldnt be too difficult!
I'm now gonna check out some stages from here

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France

I struggled with one of the bomb placement, but I had a good time ! Good simple idea with a great execution !

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Messing around with Mario 3 stuff now, welcome to "sqUid caPot"

V7L-RCS-5MG

One minor challenge, One BIG secret...

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like everyone's doing a tower level with these new vertical stages, but I made a tower stage!

Forgotten Towers

4VK-14W-1JG

Explore the towers a group of koopas once ruled before mysteriously disappearing!

I worked a lot harder on this one and I actually think its pretty neat :) please let me know what you think and what could be improved or fixed!

Reposting for some feedback :)

Sadsic

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition

It's a very complex SMB1 stage in which you need to find and kill 80 Goombrats using the Superball Flower primarily. I spent like 5 days on it! (Reloaded below)

Last edited:

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I'm realizing I really suck at making stages. Also, I'm so used as an architect to draw with cad programs that I can't help but feel like the editor could be much improved in terms of options. For example, a very common selection tool in cad works so that if you make your selection rectangle left to right then it will select anything that your boundary touches while of you make the selection right to left then it will select only those things that are completely inside the boundary.

Also, I don't see any way to deselect specific elements once you've made a multiple selection, is there one? So I end up having you copy a whole bunch of stuff and then delete what I don't need.

Also, you should be able to edit from the zoomed out mode, it's really annoying that you can't.

Yeah, I'll try to at least get one course out there but with all these annoyances I think I'll probably stick to playing other people's levels.