• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seiru

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually shocking how bad the online is for level creators (who aren't popular). I made my first level Friday night, and it still has 0 plays. Even as a grown-ass man, that bums me out. I can't imagine what a kid would feel.

I'd actually prefer it if people actually played the level and hated it instead of this. How didn't they add anything to the game to help low-exposure levels out?

Wozzer

QA Architect at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
long time lurker.. made an account literally to whine about the time sunk into this. that shell jump is tricky, I literally made a practice chamber to work on it. ive gotten it a few times now in the stage, what am I supposed to do after spin jumping up the spike tops, if I have to do some kinda crazy spring tech under those spikes im gonna cry

Welcome to the site, the fact that I frustrated you enough to register makes me incredibly happy lol. Once you're up the spike elevator, which it sounds like you've managed, then you need to take the shell from the block and use it to jump up to the sliding slope. The blue power blocks are the hint; if you run and release at the first, then follow it off the ledge you'll be able to bounce up easy enough. It looks scarier than it is, its one of the easier kaizo tricks.

TecTec

Oct 29, 2017
Hey thread, I posted my first level here yesterday to a very nice reception, and today I made a second:

Mario's Ski Vacation
5RR-9N7-7TF

It's way longer and more ambitious than my first level, with secrets and three big coins to find, if you don't want to blast through.

Last edited:

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
It's actually shocking how bad the online is for level creators (who aren't popular). I made my first level Friday night, and it still has 0 plays. Even as a grown-ass man, that bums me out. I can't imagine what a kid would feel.

I'd actually prefer it if people actually played the level and hated it instead of this. How didn't they add anything to the game to help low-exposure levels out?

It seems like it takes a day or two before the plays to show up. At first I had none too and the next day they suddenly started rolling in.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

What is your level code.

We'll get you on the board fam!!

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone manage to play an online coop match successfully? I just tried 3 times and each one was impossible because it would freeze every step.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Reposting for a new page and cuz I'm hoping to get a little more eyes on this. My first time experimenting with a more nonlinear "Metroidvania" style.

CVW-1Y3-S3G

fR3vDhM.jpg

Kirbutashi

Oct 25, 2017
qgpXdcl.png

Put together a short puzzle stage once I figured out some contraptions on the Mario Maker subreddit. I wanted more clever stages that aren't based on super hard platforming, so I made one. Clearly too many of my friends are making levels with single block jumps. :P

K3kw94o.png

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it! I enjoyed it, but the section with the ice blocks and the stars was a bit difficult because the autoscroll couldn't keep up with the speed I needed to be moving.
Thanks so much! Yeah I had a bit of trouble optimizing that last bit. By the way, did you manage to find all three coins? I probably should've mentioned that optional challenge in the stage description :P

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition

seupVkz.jpg

So I went a bit literary. Jules Verne v Mario

Can this be my entry for the competition, please?

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Camera work in this game can be such colossal fuckery.

Okay so I've got this room on the top of the horizontal map to fight Bowser in...
And the camera is preoccupied with the 5 blocks of floor below Mario so you can't see the ceiling (trying to get my pow pipes to drop in here!) and that Bowser himself is being cut off at the head every now and then by the top of the screen, good grief.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Just did a coop in a stage that was nothing but endless shell jumps. My team got into a cheese rhythm of boost, suicide, spawn, repeat

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
I grabbed the key and went backwards thru the door I entered in near the level end. Maybe it was the right way, I just saw things that I never interacted with so I thought maybe I skipped something.
Did you backtrack through the sub area? I set up a P-switch door so that that wasn't necessary, but you didn't really skip anything if that's how you did it.

ProfeOne

Oct 27, 2017
Made my first ever level. May not be the best but I had a blast making it. Any feedback would be appreciated.

ID: 1KH-QX9-5YF

Oct 27, 2017
Spent the weekend building my first level and would love feedback! It's a 3D world style vertical climb. Let me know what you think!

PFB-CLM-7GF

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Made my biggest level yet, it's about a pyramid, enjoy!

KT3 - 40Q - 9PF

Also my previous one still have 0 plays in 24+ hours, I'd'appreciate if someone can play and/or like it so it can appear for other players, thanks.
Discoverability in this need serious work.
Time for a one screen puzzle!

1CB - PSY - 52G

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone with good classic Mario levels? IOW, ones with some length to them and that may feature more than one "gimmick" per level and are good tests of platforming and "endurance" with a dash of creativity rather than being laser focused on one concept like Mario Maker creations tend to be?

Cold Cavern - PM3-6VT-FVF
The level hasn't been as well received as I would have hoped but I think this may be to your liking.

Sadsic

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Made my first level:

M8S-HJS-XBG

It's a super Mario Bros stage using the Super Mario Land fire flower for some moderate puzzle solving that requires doing trick diagonal fire shots

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the game and started using the course maker. No way to use buttons in handheld mode, slow as shit cursor speed with no way to adjust it, and only three levels of zoom--too close, way too fucking close, and a wide view in which you can't change anything. The most disappointing first three minutes of a game I was excited to play in quite some time. I guess I'll get used to it.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is the Course World theme really good? I just left it on while doing some house work, and it has this eerie but soothing quality to it. I love it.

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Also my previous one still have 0 plays in 24+ hours, I'd'appreciate if someone can play and/or like it so it can appear for other players, thanks.
Discoverability in this need serious work.
I liked this one! Made me feel pretty clever once I figured it out. My only issue was that the level needed a pair of doors so you can 'reset' the puzzle in case you mess up. It's a bit of drag having to restart from the pause menu.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Just got the game and started using the course maker. No way to use buttons in handheld mode, slow as shit cursor speed with no way to adjust it, and only three levels of zoom--too close, way too fucking close, and a wide view in which you can't change anything. The most disappointing first three minutes of a game I was excited to play in quite some time. I guess I'll get used to it.
Use both sticks to move it faster.

Proto

Jan 19, 2018
Also having issues getting my level played. Put up this morning and hasn't been found yet, 0 plays.

Wiggler themed course if anybody doesn't mind trying and giving feedback. Thanks!

TKF-GFJ-R3G

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't like how you have to actively pimp your courses to get people to play them. Feels like they would get zero plays if you just uploaded them and left it at that. The old game didn't work like that...teething problems maybe? Seems a bit unfair.

I also don't like the fact you have to restart the game to get your new notifications. I mean come on ffs. What year is this?

Edit: I'll go through some of the courses here tomorrow evening to help some people get out of the zero plays hole.