• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Snagged it this morning when I got in the office, but have only played the first two stages in story mode. Really charming so far! Looking forward to sinking more time into it this weekend.

This is my first time experiencing MM, so I'm excited to create my first levels. It'll probably be a while though.

Between this and Dreams, I'm regretting not having as much free time as I'd like to create. 😭

I can definitely see myself doing more SMW and SMB3 themed levels, since I have such fond nostalgia for those games aesthetics compared to the NSMB and 3D World styles.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Buzzy Beetles, now this is an enemy (item?) we don't see very often. Fun level that remind me of the good old days of SMB3. I would put some indicators up in the sky though, or maybe a ceiling to avoid the player getting lost.
3 stars! Would fly among those beetles again.

Thank you so much for the feedback! <3 Yeah, I playtested some stuff up there but ended up deleting it all. Shouldn't have though! Lesson learned for the next one!

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition

Unionize the Mushroom Factory

3JS-7DP-TRG

Fight on behalf of goombas for fair wages and work conditions.

LFc8bIG.jpg

LOVED this. Big smile on my face at the ending!

dumbyugi

Oct 25, 2017
Still getting the hang of making stuff. Made a pretty simple maze level with some clear pipes. Level code: P3F-1WF-WJF

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
How do I play other people's levels with another player on the same TV? Do I have to download them or something?

I thought this had local coop.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So many cool levels already posted. Can't wait to get out of work to play. Definitely going to order a stylus. Thought I would be okay with just my finger, but nope. I can see myself pouring hundreds of hours into this game, easily.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Could try remaking one of this game's levels in Mario maker (I've never played it, so no idea if it'd even work out). Dunno just throwing ideas out there. I'm looking for level from a non-Mario platformer to recreate.

Interesting idea, don't think I personally ever saw any Wonderboy inspired levels in the last game now that I think about it.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, someone clearly need to play your level once or it'll never appear for others.
So I would be thankful if someone played my latest short course, thank you :

CQC - J4C - T1G

Eventually I want to expand on that idea but like I said, I'll read all the course making tutorial beforehand.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Ok, someone clearly need to play your level once or it'll never appear for others.

CQC - J4C - T1G

Eventually I want to expand on that idea but like I said, I'll read all the course making tutorial beforehand.

I liked it! The washed out pallete really added to the atmosphere. It was simple, but creative.

A stylus made for smarthphones and other devices with capacitive screens, instead of stylus made for resistive screens (Wii U, DS, Palms, etc)

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Played through most of the courses in the top 15 most popular worldwide or so, and seeing the fun, insane stuff people have already made in day 1 has me excited to see what will be out there in a week, month, year, etc.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

CQC - J4C - T1G

Done, liked that horror moment a lot

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Is it only possible to block scrolling once per area? I get it to stop scrolling for a section, but if I add other stuff in that area it just breaks entirely, even if I square the room off the way they showed in the Direct. Can I not make multiple single screen rooms per area?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wanna make a train based level first...the desert background inspired me.

Now how to best do that...

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm new to Mario Maker series but I'm confused with the endless challenge thing. How do I get high scores? Where should I begin? Are these highly rated courses, how do they choose for me? Is this where I should spend my time if I'm more a player than a maker?

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017
Complete newbie question - Can you link levels together? So when you finish Level 1-1, you start next in Level 1-2? Or is the only way to play the individually? It seems like such a simple thing to create a "playlist" of levels you'd like played in a certain order, but I can't find it anywhere.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Complete newbie question - Can you link levels together? So when you finish Level 1-1, you start next in Level 1-2? Or is the only way to play the individually? It seems like such a simple thing to create a "playlist" of levels you'd like played in a certain order, but I can't find it anywhere.
There's a mode that let's you play random levels one after another, but there's no way to intentionally link levels together.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
Here's the code for the new remade level: Goombas: A Hero's Tale Of Madness!

Great stuff. Loved every second of it. I also absolutely adored your Lakitu level! Will follow your mario maker career with great interest.

I made a thing!

Beetle Hitchhiking: 722-S8F-0JG

Was fun working with Buzzy Beetles. I'm still getting the hang of the editor but I'm happy with my first one.
Very fun traditional level. Keep up the good work! Followed!

Last edited:

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Made my 2nd level, trying to go for semi-hard but quick stage.
Can someone try it and tell me what you think?
Course ID: TH2-HB3-R1H
Name: The fire doesn't fade

tjac

Oct 25, 2017
Made a mostly standard, but slightly more difficult airship level. Like how it turned out for the most part. let me know what you think.

YRM-875-P2G

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Hi! Longtime lurker, first time poster. (Lurked for years back on NeoGAF.) Figured this would be as good a thread as any to jump in on and finally start posting.

Any and all feedback on my first upload would be duly appreciated. :)

Pretty standard level, all things considered. But then, non-gimmicky "normal" levels have always been my favorite to design.

Troll Bridge
Course ID: DHY-FTG-KPF

I played it. I thought it was... pretty cool. I like that kind of level.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Final one from me tonight. This one took the least amount of time, but it was because I used an original Mario Maker level I did as a reference point while also adding to it. Still took about an hour and a half. As always, there are three big coins to collect as an optional task, so looking for them will add some replay value. There are also some other secrets as well.

1-3 Mushroom Heights - PFJ-ORH-BMF

d-md-g2vaaadd71lskcy.jpg

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The Oldest Trick in the Book

MG1-J99-R9G

Thought it was clever, but when I tried uploading it, it seemed more annoying than clever. Haha oh well! Vertical level using invisible blocks :)

Next one will be good! XD

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Just made my first course, 9C8-7Y3-RWG. It's a bit sloppy so my next I'll attempt to be a bit more precise! It's a Mario World level in Woods that utilizes Bloopers, Magikoopa, and Hammer Bros.

I'll check everyone else's now while I'm here!

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
The multi-player versus is freaking fun and so hilarious. Have lag occasionally, seems one bad connection will slow things down, but when it work it's amazing.

There is so much content and stuff to do that even if you never make a course it's more than worth it, what a game

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017

CQC - J4C - T1G

Loved the ambiance! Really atmospheric level.

Made a mostly standard, but slightly more difficult airship level. Like how it turned out for the most part. let me know what you think.

YRM-875-P2G

Phew! This was a tough one! Some gotcha moments like the Banzai Bill near the end of the first area, but I really enjoyed it. I would maybe add an item or two in the level--unless that goes against the level of challenge you're wanting. As is, it's quite fun, but could be frustrating for some.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I just finished my first course, I'd love some feedback: BXV-Q2X-TWF

It's a Cat Mario course.

I hate to say this but I can't get past the spinies at the start of the vertical section and the pipe leading into the vertical section is frustrating to consistently enter. I'd just start the level right at the vertical section or put a checkpoint in!