• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Another Mario Maker and another soundtrack where I feel the Super Mario Bros edit themes are much better than the originals

This is great

The "real" desert theme is mediocre

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, could you play my daughter's first creation (she's 7). It's.... not very good lol. Lots of enemies and running through them with stars... and overly tough platforming. But be cool, she'll be excited if she gets some likes/plays/comments!

D-KMGQAUwAAPRBD.jpg

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Hey guys, could you play my daughter's first creation (she's 7). It's.... not very good lol. Lots of enemies and running through them with stars... and overly tough platforming. But be cool, she'll be excited if she gets some likes/plays/comments!

D-KMGQAUwAAPRBD.jpg
Hahahaha, I was cracking up laughing throughout that stage!! First clear, baby!

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Made my first ever level. This is fun. Probably didn't make a great level but please try it out.
Course ID: LBY-5X3-N1H
Name: Don't Praise the Sun

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I want to make a mountain level with blocks in the background acting as "support" pillars for the actual blocks the level is made out of.

Any way to add background elements?

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I got a level that tests your patience and how gentle of a hand you have, but not too much that it's a troll level. I guess it's commentary on capitalism. If you wanna give it a shot: 41V-8SF-WRF

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
The new Super Mario World songs are fantastic

I can't believe how much the new songs for SMW added in the two Mario Makers sounds like they were pulled right from the SNES and had always been in SMW.

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished my "don't touch the moon!" level, called "Dry Bones' Moon Delivery Service". It's an autoscrolling puzzle where you are stuck on a moving platform in a Dry Bones shell and you have to avoid getting hit - and hitting the moon! This took me so many hours to playtest since I had to replay from the beginning all the time...

ID is L2Y-1YY-XHG, enjoy.
I tried it man, but it was way too hard for me.
D:

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I wanna check something for how levels are shared, so here's a quick one. Simple enough if you play it as designed, but it can be beaten SUPER fast if you nail the introductory cycle and do some crazy jumps:

4YG-WX7-WWF

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It is decent. Personally, I enjoy levels more when they focus on one or two enemies or ideas that slowly escalate in difficulty, instead of many different situations. But it's a good start; for example, if the only obstacles were ice blocks, some sort of fire and maybe one other element, I think that would make a really good themed level!

Yeah you make good points. I was just trying to throw a lot of things at once, it is a bit chaotic. Thanks for the feedback.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Ya know...dummy me preordered and picked up the copy of this game that came with the 12 month switch online membership, and I completely forgot that I'm in a family plan with people in my family right now...none of them really use it as far as I know, but I probably can't add this onto it right now.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Question, I'm building together a pretty cool boss fight right now and need to know something. There is no way in beating Meowbowser without something to throw at him right? Need to make sure nobody can cheese this.

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition

Hi folks, here's my first in MM2. It's fairly tough but fairly checkpointed. GIve it a try with:

DTQ-TX7-QDG

It's a traditional style level which focuses on using the Switch Blocks to get through it. Two quick clips of the level:

Have fun! Gonna try a few levels posted in this thread now!

Look awesome and very creative! Will make sure to play and rate it when I get home and boot the game up tonight!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody played my courses in a few hours so I'm going to share its ID : NKJ-W57-NSF
It's my most star-ed course of MM1, remade so I could get a hand of MM2's tools.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

D-KMGQAUwAAPRBD.jpg

Hit play go to sip coffee die on login. Played through and enjoyed it I appreciate as a parent that you are giving your kid a chance to show creativity in this game. I would like to suggest letting her run wild with tool creation for a weekend then look back at the feedback given or completion percents and start to have a discussion about level design. It is going to be tough but perhaps work on course creation via drawing or lego.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Hit play go to sip coffee die on login. Played through and enjoyed it I appreciate as a parent that you are giving your kid a chance to show creativity in this game. I would like to suggest letting her run wild with tool creation for a weekend then look back at the feedback given or completion percents and start to have a discussion about level design. It is going to be tough but perhaps work on course creation via drawing or lego.
Yeah absolutely. Kid level designs are awful. But I agree, I can show her the stats the death marks on the level, have her play some levels, and then reflect over the creative process.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having trouble accessing the Courses menu? There's an endless load followed by an error every time.

EDIT: Nvm it was my internet crapping out.

Last edited:

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Too many blind jumps, is my biggest criticism. But it's on to something in terms of movement and pacing.

That's true, especially in the end! What's generally the way to guide the player? Coins? Arrows? I'm sure this is addressed in the training, but I'm more anxious to create and play right now lol.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Just finished my "don't touch the moon!" level, called "Dry Bones' Moon Delivery Service". It's an autoscrolling puzzle where you are stuck on a moving platform in a Dry Bones shell and you have to avoid getting hit - and hitting the moon! This took me so many hours to playtest since I had to replay from the beginning all the time...

ID is L2Y-1YY-XHG, enjoy.
I hate you......so much

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another Mario Maker and another soundtrack where I feel the Super Mario Bros edit themes are much better than the originals

This is great

The "real" desert theme is mediocre

Holy shit that's good, haven't heard that before. In general, the edit music is just way better lol. Really wish we could use them for playing levels as well.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna check something for how levels are shared, so here's a quick one. Simple enough if you play it as designed, but it can be beaten SUPER fast if you nail the introductory cycle and do some crazy jumps:

4YG-WX7-WWF

Okay there we go. Sub 9 seconds! Beat that!

edit: Sub 8 seconds...I need to stop lol

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Someone else in this thread posted the same thing happened to them earlier today. So yeah, just overloaded on Day 1 type of thing I assume. He said he had to quit back to home menu and come back.

I think it could have possibly been my internet as well, as it's been quite temperamental this afternoon. It's working as normal now though thankfully.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
New level is finally complete. I'm fairly happy with it. The difficulty might be a little inconsistent but it's fairly doable.
The theme is that Mario decends to the core while facing new challenges every time he goes down another layer.

Code:

2LK-9CM-SDG

Feel free to give me your feedback. I might use this as my contest entry but will mark it as such when I'm not on mobile.

Heitzu

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Here's a code for my first level: VNV-QBY-77G.

If anybody plays it, that's great. I really enjoyed he first game so I'm hopefully gonna create some actually hard levels, like I had on Wii U.