• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man running into the object limit in your first level, that's not even that big, feels shitty. I wish you could have more semisolid platforms and it's very strange that once you hit the limit it starts deleting your most recently placed ones rather than simply not letting you place a new one. Suddenly a big part of my level was missing its platforms and I was very confused. I assume most everything operates differently

Last edited:

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man running into the object limit in your first level, that's not even that big, feels shitty. I wish you could have more semisolid platforms and it's very strange that once you hit the limit it starts deleting your most recently placed ones rather than simply not letting you place a new one. Suddenly a big part of my level was missing its platforms and I was very confused
That's pretty dumb. There should be a counter or something indicating used/left so you can make adjustments well ahead of time.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Is there no way to pull up profiles based on your switch friends list? You always have to exchange IDs?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
The first level I played was a recreation of the first level from Super Mario Bros. 3.

Seemed appropriate, lol.

If you go into the Dojo and watch the videos for Mario's Moves, each one appears to take place in the level of that game that introduced the feature. Which means Nintendo must have recreated them - at least the starts - in SMM.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I made a level called "Through Fire and Ice" if you are interested !

49V-Q8M-N5G

Hope you'll enjoy it !

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll throw in a level plug real quick haha

Coins of the Maw
ID: 4F0-DV5-PJG
Style: 3D World Jungle
Description: Collect 100 Coins while braving an ever-changing tide, fast autoscroll, and Piranha Plants. Be careful, some of the coins may lead you right into the maw of a Winged Porcupuffer!

Just cleared it after like 20 tries. Challenging! Quite a bit of fun though!

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else in the UK get the special edition, but not have the online voucher arrive with it?

Yeah, where did you get yours? I picked mine up at Smyths and I've redeemed the gold coins as that's what triggered the Smash Piranha code, then I got an email a couple of days later with the code, so I've tried that and see what happens while also raising it with the store support.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I just learned you can't have a clear condition and a check point in the same level. Between that and no restart from checkpoint they must have found it broke a lot of level designs.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expanding upon a concept I first built on the 3DS version - obviously that one is stuck in anonimity, so now I'm doing it bigger, bolder, better. I have the feeling this one will be fairly appreciated by you guys, can't wait to share it with you in approx. 5-6 hours probably.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to think of levels to make whilst I'm stuck bored at work, but the only ideas I'm coming up with are levels I already created in MM1.

I'm clearly not very imaginative.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting so ridiculously lost in the UI of this game, at some point I was able to customise my Mii but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get back to that interface!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting so ridiculously lost in the UI of this game, at some point I was able to customise my Mii but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get back to that interface!

In the area where you play other people's maps (the Course section I think?), on the bottom right you can see your avatar. Click on it to customize it.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Playing through story mode, screw the good doggo final level.
Chain Chomp level
Some amazing level designs already and I'm only nine levels into the story mode, 'bout 20% done with the castle. Tried the Switch x Switch level created by the top guy right now, very clever and nice use of the switches.

Yes, I played that one, too. It's clear that Switches are the first mechanic that seems to have really caught the imagination of the playerbase, I've played a few pretty good levels using them in pivotal ways.

Also played a reasonable short ghost house-themed autoscroller on the slightly nasty end of the scale - a few traps, but nothing I'd call all-out Kaizo. Falls down - literally and figuratively - a bit in the second half, which is just a pit to a pipe with Banzai Bills, and not enough time to know where you're actually aiming for (although possibly the gaps in the Bills indicate that, I'm not sure?). Don't recall the name of that one, I'll edit this when I've looked it up.

There's a short level that's a pure 'race the rising poison' one that's reasonably well-implemented and probably took me the most tries; it's nothing too spectacular, but solid platforming, and I also encountered a "find Yoshi and reach the end on him" with quite nice cave aesthetics as you get deeper and deeper.

Wolfram

Nov 6, 2018
Anybody with a physical limited edition of the game in hands? I'm wondering is the big red label mentioning online stuff on the box removable (like a sticker) or is it an integral part of the box art?

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is there anyway to make it so you have to defeat all the enemies in an area in order to go through a pipe?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Quick question about Bobomb contraptions that blow up stone tiles.
I'm looking for something that automatically blows up a Bobomb when triggered from above (maybe by hitting a note block or something like that).
The thing is that I don't want to leave anything behind that can harm the player. I played around with putting a Muncher inside the noteblock. The Muncher blows up the Bobomb when it drops on top of it but that leaves the Muncher behind.
Is there a way to trigger the Bobomb without leaving the harmful trigger behind?

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway to make it so you have to defeat all the enemies in an area in order to go through a pipe?

Key door that takes you to the pipe perhaps although I guess that doesn't mean you have to defeat all, just one. Perhaps do a "defeat all x" as a clear checkpoint so people have to kill all those enemies before finishing the level.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Well I played around 20 levels in story and love it. There is some VERY inventive stuff in there. Then I messed around in Create for awhile with the Pro Controller and while it's not as easy as touch screen, it is far better than I expected and completely OK to use that way. Can't wait to dive in more. I never published a level in SMM1 but I'm gonna make this Mario World, normal traditional type level and put it up later today.

I'm not very creative so after that I'll spend some time trying to come up with some neat gimmicks and get those down before trying a
2nd level. Game's great. I'm in love already! :)

Wolfram

Nov 6, 2018

Probably but you would have to make some custom contraption that exploits spawn limits, e.g. when you kill all enemies a certain number of other enemies can be spawned somewhere off screen and they somehow trigger something else that moves the obstacle in front of the pipe. Very vague idea but I think it should be possible. Other than that I don't think there is a way to do it easily by just using some option within the game.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
May be a dumb question, but does anyone know why the different coloured pipes have different amount of arrows on them? I don't know what the arrows are supposed to represent.

ferunnico

Oct 29, 2017
Time to play everyone's levels!
Please let me know if I missed someone or made a mistake (or if I didn't need to skim through this whole thread because all the levels are already compiled somewhere)

CaptainMatilder: 0C2-RYV-5YG
Zlug's friend: QLQ-DD6-YLG
GokouD: D10-VMH-1RF
Qikz: 64K-M6W-73G
GuacamoleM10: 0T1-MCK-LJG
?oe?oe: 8WD-3NR-7TG
Ximonz: JRB-JNV-QMG
KeRaSh: QQ4-X7Y-1MG
El Pescado: 0TF-P5M-8VF
Jave: LG1-DPB-4RF
FairyEmpire: DM9-2W5-GSG
Tathanen: Q24-F78-87G
Aaronrules380: SF1-30C-R1G
Gobias: 81P-N39-6MF
Protome: VG7-DWJ-1RF
Jonnykong: LDQ-YVW-7QF
bonkasaurus: GVG-TSK-B3G
Jaymageck: 685-J47-8VF
HMS_Pinafore: JP9-QF3-87G
Proven: 8RX-827-R1G
Chauzu: Q6J-4L3-MXF
zashga: X5L-QXW-34G
ferunnico: GJM-V0J-LNG
-shadow-: NH9-4FJ-YVF
Crushed: VVC-F4B-DYF
TwoDelay: 687-WYP-L1H
Not2Xavi: 2V9-FQL-LNG
dumbyugi: V46-JBY-1JF
dumbyugi: QJT-8K8-YCG
Krakle: 0FP-DK5-JSG
MondoMega: 0RV-JFG-34G
The Poochy Kid: 4F0-DV5-PJG
Lelouch0612: 49V-Q8M-N5G

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
3D World has some cool elements but boy is it ugly. Should have just blended the new gameplay elements with NSMB since it looks a bit better.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I just played the first level of Story mode and immediately felt like I made a terrible mistake by buying this. Those 100 levels are going to be mostly gimmick trash, right?

Ah well, I should have known. I can circle back periodically and play the community stuff.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just uploaded my first level, Poisonous Piranha Plant Pool

LGY-80L-77G

It's a SMB3 jungle night theme course focused around objects starting with the letter p! Including pipes, poison, piranha plants, parachutes, a P-switch, and a pow block. It's a bit of a rough first level but I figure it's a good place to start and a good letter to start my series of alliterative level titles/themes. Definitely a rough experience though, it isn't that long, it uses maybe 1/3 of the total play space but I ran out of semi solid platforms and had to limit myself a little bit in terms of aesthetic themeing. Also a good example of why I wish we still had pipe stacking, at least for aesthetics. It does feel great getting back into the swing of things though and I can't wait to experiment with more of the new unique stuff that was added to the game.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I just played the first level of Story mode and immediately felt like I made a terrible mistake by buying this. Those 100 levels are going to be mostly gimmick trash, right?

Ah well, I should have known. I can circle back periodically and play the community stuff.

Why would you base your opinion on the first level?

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017

I'd recommend playing more than 1 level before forming an opinion.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Wish there was an easy way to import old MM levels.

I had a few I created in the first game that not only would I like to share with a bigger audience than the Wii U had, but I also would like to update some with the new features. I bet many people had similar feelings with the first game of wishing there was some feature that was added with this game.

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Maybe it was already mentioned before, but how do you prevent the camera to scroll so you can have one "bonus room"?

I can't figure this out somehow. XD

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Question, I did a little 1UP Bonus stage as a test and uploaded it, why doesn't it track my own time when playing through it? There even is a placement for my own time?

3Uu7aDS.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a lovely e-mail from the official Nintendo UK store...

Dear Mr Chris (my name)

Thank you for your recent pre-order of Super Mario Maker 2 through the Nintendo Official UK Store.

Due to overwhelming popularity, we did not have enough stock of the standard edition of the game to cope with demand.

But fear not! To ensure you are not inconvenienced we have upgraded you to the Super Mario Maker 2 Limited Edition as a gesture of goodwill (which includes 12-month Individual Membership for Nintendo Switch Online)!

Please be sure to activate your Nintendo Switch Online membership from the Nintendo eShop, and begin enjoying the Super Mario Maker 2 community.

Should you require any further assistance with this or anything else, you can contact us by:

• Sending a message via your Official Store account
• Sending an email to our Customer Support Team to the following email address at [email protected]

To add to this they've sent it with 1 day shipping to ensure I get it tomorrow.

What a lovely gesture.

Literally just received the opposite email. Preordered limited edition, got standard and a code via email, huh?