• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DJ88

Oct 26, 2017
Oh! The perfect birthday gift for me, Nintendo? You shouldn't have.

You're welcome everybody.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do you think this Big Mushroom in standard play thing might replace the Mystery Mushroom? I hope not...I just have a bad feeling that Nintendo doesn't want to maintain mystery mushrooms anymore since they added Luigi, Toad and Toadette

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Do you think this Big Mushroom in standard play thing might replace the Mystery Mushroom? I hope not...I just have a bad feeling that Nintendo doesn't want to maintain mystery mushrooms anymore since they added Luigi, Toad and Toadette
That's a good point actually. Amiibo might have a whole new functionality given the potential multiplayer/character choice component.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
Can someone please tell me: Are charging chucks and the shoe in the game?

This might determine whether i buy it or not

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
0b479e2804b4a4803bc85f1239c9135b.jpg
103557acb93b14acdd8580ceca01c3fa.png

Last edited:

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
That segment is explaining what kind of game Super Mario Maker 1 is, not confirming that you can use those levels in Super Mario Maker 2.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What are those enemies above Mario in the multi-colored pipe screenshot?

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
Aaaah, so much cool stuff packed in so little.

*Rainbow platforms
*Goombrats
*upside down Pirana plants (without needing a pipe)
* cranes
*Mario seemingly swimming/flying in the space theme (notice the animation looking a lot like swimming)
*creeper vine things?

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017

*Rainbow platforms
*Goombrats
* cranes
*Mario seemingly swimming/flying in the space theme (notice the animation looking a lot like swimming)
*creeper vine things?
If Mario really is 'swimming' there, I wonder if it means you can place blobs of floaty space, and they've just covered the whole scene?

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So there is a Skyworld Theme (cloud blocks, raindow and bean stock platforms).
I would say, those are all new themes: Jungle, Ice, Desert, Sky and Nighttime.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017

*Rainbow platforms
*Goombrats
* cranes
*creeper vine things?

It's starting to get really interesting.

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
So there is a Skyworld Theme (cloud blocks, raindow and bean stock platforms).
I would say, those are all new themes: Jungle, Ice, Desert, Sky and Nighttime.

I hope every theme has a night/dark version. That'd be so cool. Also because I desperately want the night starry sky background from Mario world:

7wko0WO.gif

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are build in levels like 3ds confirmed being back already? Its already worth getting for the 10 bux cheaper online and the steel case or stylus but built in levels would really be cool!

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess, we have follwing themes:
  • Ground
  • Underground
  • Underwater
  • Ghost House
  • Airship
  • Castle
  • [New] Forest / Jungle
  • [New] Ice
  • [New] Desert
  • [New] Sky
  • [New] Nightime
Still missing are the common Coastal and Mountain themes, then we would have all the default ones for a Mario game.

I hope every theme has a night/dark version. That'd be so cool. Also because I desperately want the night starry sky background from Mario world:
I would say, there is only one Nightime theme.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess, we have follwing themes:
  • Ground
  • Underground
  • Underwater
  • Ghost House
  • Airship
  • Castle
  • [New] Forest / Jungle
  • [New] Ice
  • [New] Desert
  • [New] Sky
  • [New] Nightime
Still missing are the common Coastal and Mountain themes, then we would have all the default ones for a Mario game.

I would say, there is only one Nightime theme.

I'm starting to think it's a space theme, considering Mario's pose in that screenshot and the skull heads floating above the lava.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Those screenshots really have some interesting stuff, especially now that we have clean pictures. I'll update my list from yesterday:
  • Themes
    • We get our first looks at the SMB Jungle Theme and SM3DW Snow Theme; both of these have been shown in other game-styles before though.
    • With a clearer look at that SMW screenshot, it seems clear that we are looking at a Sky/Cloud theme (those rainbow platforms and the cloud appearance for the ground really sells that).
    • We've seen the Theme shown in that NSMBU screenshot before, but we aren't any closer to determining what it is supposed to be. Since it seems like Mario is swimming in the air there, it might be a Space theme?
  • Objects
    • Multi-Colored Pipe are available (Green and Red were already shown, but Blue and Yellow are new)
    • The Big Mushroom from SMM is clearly back, as shown in the SMB screenshot.
    • That closer look at the SMB3 screenshot shows us that enemies and objects attached to rails can now be held by claws, which can assumably drop the objects?
    • Those rainbow platforms in the SMW screenshot are all-new.
    • The SM3DW screen shows icicles hanging from the ceiling. You can likely set certain icicles to fall when Mario crosses underneath them.
  • Enemies
    • The blue variant of Piranha Creepers from 3D World are also making an appearance in SMM2. If they work like that game, they'll start fully extended until they are hit.
      • It also seems like Piranha Creepers might be in non-3D World themes, as they seem to be present in the SMW screenshot (with the head just slightly off-screen)
    • Piranha Plants can now be placed upside-down without the need of the Pipe (this was actually shown for a split second at the end of the reveal trailer, but i'll keep it here anyway).
    • Goombrats appear in the SMW screenshot. Seeing as they originated in NSMBU, they are probably being added to every theme.
    • Charvaarghs appear in the SM3DW screenshot. We do not know if they will be theme-exclusive enemies or not.
    • Meowser is available as a variant for Bowser in the SM3DW theme.
  • Other
    • A closer look at this screenshot (first shown at the investor's meeting) shows us two new things:
      • Objects can be pinned to the taskbar at the top, probably meaning that they won't be pushed off when more objects are brought in and used.
      • The Super Bell Tree is sorted into the Yellow Category (Objects?), confirming that they aren't a shake variant for the Super Bell (like some were speculating).
D5TCiHcUIAEBJyA

One more thing (that could be big, or just a change between builds): the cursor now has a red outline around it. This could either be an aesthetic change, or could signify co-op editing as a multiplayer feature (which we know is coming, thanks to a mistake they made on the US site).

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
In terms of themes, all i'm really hoping for now is Beach, Mountain and Lava; really the last three big themes used in the modern Mario games (though the older games might need some new assets to help adapt them).

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
I'm ridiculously excited for this game. It's my most anticipated game of 2019 by far. I hope we get a boatload of new information about it soon, because this drip-feeding of new clues is torture. :)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's shaping up to be a much more expanded sequel indeed, and we still have no info about the implied multiplayer.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

I'd love DLC of some of the less minor per game ones (SMB1's castle ext, SMB3's Tank & Battleship especially)

my fave thing with mario maker is seeing the new art assets they create for the games that never had something.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
The SMW yoshi is red and looks like it just spit out a fireball, different variants of Yoshi confirmed?? Will we get different color shells to give different effects like the blue/red/rainbow??

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
The SMW yoshi is red and looks like it just spit out a fireball, different variants of Yoshi confirmed?? Will we get different color shells to give different effects like the blue/red/rainbow??

All we've seen so far is red, but I hope for this, but largely because it would most likely mean you'd be able to place empty shells and not have to come up with a contraption to have just a shell. Also disco shell would be great to have.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Also something else confirmed. Enemies are affected by the tornado. Look at the bombomb in the cloud level floating in the tornado

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Oh wait, I just realised that the Rainbow platforms are probably just unique-looking semi-solid platforms for the sky theme.

We've seen Red Yoshi already (in the reveal trailer), but we can only hope that Blue and Yellow Yoshi are also coming (I mean, the Pipe got the full color set, so why not Yoshi too?).

Wolfram

Nov 6, 2018
Also something else confirmed. Enemies are affected by the tornado. Look at the bombomb in the cloud level floating in the tornado

Also, tornado guys shown here are different than tornado guys shown in the trailer...

EDIT: This particular tornado guy was already shown in the 3D world theme (link).

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Nice, Sky Theme means we'll probably get the Athletic songs

And a new Athletic song for the SMB style
Speaking of music, i'm really hoping that we get some sort of "stage mix" of the Forest of Illusion theme for the SMW Forest Theme (though it obviously needs the Mario World theme mixed in there somewhere to stay game-accurate).

Really, i'm just excited to hear the new Mario 3 / World tracks and the new Edit Themes (assuming those return).

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
Either they reused the underwater groundtile for the forest theme groundtile or more likely placing ground beneath the water level automatically swaps the groundtile style. However, that means there will probably no dynamic water settings. Only static.

Oh shit, is that saying that the Wii U stages are coming over?! CaptainMatilder

Probably not.

That segment is explaining what kind of game Super Mario Maker 1 is, not confirming that you can use those levels in Super Mario Maker 2.