• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

MEGATON

www.businesswire.com

Nintendo News: Free Final Update to Super Mario Maker 2 Adds World-Building Mode and New Course Parts

The Super Mario Maker 2 game allows players to unleash their creativity with more new options and the ability to create their own world map. On April

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Super Mario Maker 2 game allows players to unleash their creativity with more new options and the ability to create their own world map. On April 22, the free final update to Super Mario Maker 2 for the Nintendo Switch system adds a new World Maker mode, as well as a host of new content and features.

In World Maker mode, multiple courses created by a user can be tied together on a path from the starting point on a world map to the end castle. The look of the world map can also be customized. Up to eight worlds containing a total of up to 40 courses can be combined, creating a mini Super Mario game that can be shared with others.*

In addition to World Maker, guess who else is making an appearance in Super Mario Maker 2? The Koopalings! All seven of these troublemakers, each with his or her own movement pattern, can be added to user-created courses. Other enemies added to the game include the key-chasing Phanto and the wind-up Mechakoopas.

Additional power-ups and course parts are also coming to Super Mario Maker 2 as part of the free update. This includes the SMB2 Mushroom, which transforms Mario and friends into their look from the Super Mario Bros. 2 game and allows them to pick up and throw items and enemies – just like in that classic game! With the Frog Suit from the Super Mario Bros. 3 game, Mario can swim through water with ease, and even run across its surface! Other power-ups added to the game are the Power Balloon first introduced in the Super Mario World game, the Super Acorn from the New Super Mario Bros. U game and the Boomerang Flower from Super Mario 3D World. There are also five variations for wearables like the Cannon Box and Propeller Box from the Super Mario 3D World game.

All of this and more can be experienced by downloading the free update on April 22. For more information about Super Mario Maker 2, visit https://supermariomaker.nintendo.com/.

YQ4LkEr.png

QTO9Nt1.png

1OsxwD6.png

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

This update will include things like the SMB2 Mushroom which will change Mario to his Super Mario Bros 2 look with the ability to grab enemies and throw them. Frog Mario and Power Balloon are also added it along with others.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
... Final update? Man, what a waste

But if there was one feature I wish they'd add to the game, it was this, so good for them

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Sucks that this is the final update, but holy shit I can barely think of what they'd even add at this point.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
shame we never got as much support as MM1 got.

but with the Switch being so much more successful than the Wii U, I suppose that was inevitable

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I remember when we wished that Super Mario Bros 2 would get it's own world to edit lol. Still this is awesome!

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
A little upsetting its the last major update but holy shit that a ton of shit! Creating your own worlds and SMB2(US) workaround are fantastic. A little upset we didn't get a few more regular enemies.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Ok I'm definitely back in. It will probably take me a year but I will finally implement some map ideas I had.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Nice that we're at least getting a couple of SMB2 features, even if we couldn't get the actual game style.

World Maker is huge, but it stinks that it only seems to use SMW graphics as an option.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Out of nowhere! Looks like I'll go back to the game.

That trailer is totally a Direct style content. Hmmm

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
I love this so much.
People who have been wanting a world maker better make some awesome worlds because I'm all in lol

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
This is cool. Maybe I'll play it now with course World

looks like I was right and there wasn't going to be a new game theme after all. Just 3D-world.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Like the original, I wish I had time to tinker around -- maybe quarantine will help me pick it up again? Everything here's just so appetizing.

That we didn't get frequent mini-updates like the original is a bummer, but this is a hell of a way to go out.