• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gamerman

Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Maker was one of my favorite games ever. I was not ready for this. I thought Nintendo was just going to polish it up. They outdid themselves. June can't get here soon enough.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
SG65VWf.png

huh?

Yeah, what was that all about?

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Already pre-ordered this months ago! This is so damn gooood! Can't believe it's next month!!

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
so NA isn't getting the stylus bonus, but at least we got a year of NSO at half price.

I'd like to play as any character I want in single player. This should be simple but I'm expecting the worst.

everything else was great.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
No world map is unfortunate, but whatever. Seems like there is no couch coop though, aside from making levels. I'm going to have to buy two copies of the game...

That being said, this looks so good. Everything they're adding is perfect.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
"Extra Themes" is plural. Neat.

While I was hoping for online multiplayer, I also thought couch co-op on a single Switch was obvious. Apparently I was wrong.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks great, but it looks like Costume Mario is gone and that makes me sad :(

I can't believe they actually added an online co-op mode to one of their platformers, I never thought I'd see the day

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can I get a stylus, Nintendo? Please? PLEASE?!

The Super Mario 3D World theme was in its own section called "Extra Themes". I think this will include games that would not work with the regular themes because they have significant gameplay changes. An SMB2 theme is gonna happen in this, I guarantee it.
I hope we get a Super Mario Land 2 style. :D

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm real interested in this voucher program and want to know if this will work with all future games as well. If you still get like 5% back in gold coins as well this is a pretty decent deal.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
This game looks insane, good lord.

Nintendo went all out on the features for this one. The fact that it has a full 100+ level single player mode ON TOP of the course creator is blowing my damn mind.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
B I G !

Multi Online up to 4 players, story mode, new musics, so much update... Day one.
Will be my first MM.

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
There are some nice new additions to the game, specifically the night time option, but I would have really liked to see Mario 2 in there. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the game around E3 then deciding whether to buy it or not.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All of that looks fantastic. If you're a digital buyer the vouchers pay for online, not bad at all. Unfortunately I'm a physical buyer so, boo.

The main thing that stands out to me is the lack of Mario 2. 3D World being it's own separate mode means there's no excuse for Mario 2 now. Hopefully they're saving that for E3, it did look like there was a place where it could go next to 3D World.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Really, really hoping for local multi-play. Huge reason for why my GF and I were excited for this direct.

Hard to believe Nintendo would leave that out.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (A week): Drive-by trolling. History of similar infractions.
Could have just been dlc added to the first game.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mario land is hideous, and the part of the lore even Nintendo has ignored :S

I'm amazed with all the options, specially for mario world.

Also, new tracks by Koji Kondo is huge news right?

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
So if we want to make night levels for aesthetic purposes, do they have to have those effects? That's what it seemed like.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Strong Direct. Made the game look really enticing. I'll think about picking it up.

What the hell was that Super Famicom thing? LOL They know what we want!