• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't want a map maker. Adds another level of tedium that either has people making levels just to fill out a world and are just more garbage, or it just adds another level to how many levels get ignored.

The rare cases that it will be used nicely and is warranted wouldn't outweigh the bad in my mind.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I see absolutely no way they aren't in again.

Well, we haven't seen a trace of them yet and the lack of amiibo support is a bit worrying. Some pointed out that the 3DS version cut them too and sold more which makes me worry that they may just cut them out for the sake of making it easier to release or work on the other things. I don't know if any GX discussions found any hints of them in either

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, we haven't seen a trace of them yet and the lack of amiibo support is a bit worrying. Some pointed out that the 3DS version cut them too and sold more which makes me worry that they may just cut them out for the sake of making it easier to release or work on the other things. I don't know if any GX discussions found any hints of them in either

In the japanese screenshots from the ad we got a look at what looked like big mario, but without the crt filter. Not a confirmation, but it seems to hint at the amiibo costumes.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
15 minutes is plenty of time to detail new features. Their 1 minute trailer gave us tons of new shit to gawk over, actual details and breakdown of some new features in 15 minutes will give us plenty to look at.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Don't really see the need since E3 is around the corner and they will surely show it a lot during the treehouse stream...but hey better than nothing I guess

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
The only downside of this game is that I would have to buy a screen protector. I hate screen protectors. But on SMM on Wii U, I played it with the screen naked and it got scratched kinda badly so I don't have any choice. Is that rumored stylus to be included inside the box on every physical copy of the game? that'll be neat.

15 minutes is plenty of time to detail new features. Their 1 minute trailer gave us tons of new shit to gawk over, actual details and breakdown of some new features in 15 minutes will give us plenty to look at.
And even with that 1 minute trailer, Gamexplain managed to make a 3 hour long video analysis of it. Just imagine with a 15 minutes Direct... 12 hour video analysis confirmed

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Ahhhh good news, I was waiting on this.

For a moment I almost thought we'd have to wait till E3 week.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
The only downside of this game is that I would have to buy a screen protector. I hate screen protectors. But on SMM on Wii U, I played it with the screen naked and it got scratched kinda badly so I don't have any choice. Is that rumored stylus to be included inside the box on every physical copy of the game? that'll be neat.

And even with that 1 minute trailer, Gamexplain managed to make a 3 hour long video analysis of it. Just imagine with a 15 minutes Direct... 12 hour video analysis confirmed

It's limited edition only so far.

The stylus on it is soft vs the hard stylus on the wii u so it probably won't scratch your screen.

Tanner

Oct 25, 2017
Was sold on it the moment it was announced, but it will be cool to get some information before E3. This also means it won't need a huge chunk of time (if any) during the E3 Direct which means MORE ANIMAL CROSSING!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It says "15 minutes presentation packed with information". That tells you there's going to be sooo much content in this Direct.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't want a map maker. Adds another level of tedium that either has people making levels just to fill out a world and are just more garbage, or it just adds another level to how many levels get ignored.

The rare cases that it will be used nicely and is warranted wouldn't outweigh the bad in my mind.
I absolutely agree, it sounds like a fun idea in theory but in practice it just doesn't work.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
I need that stylus. Hope Nintendo America comes through and makes it available either as a preorder or one of those "special" offerings with a NSO subscription

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nice! Had a feeling we'd be getting a Mario Maker direct before it came out.

Won't be able to watch live though, which is a bit of a bummer.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Besides the tons of new footage including verything that was spotted in the Japan ad.

I expect

New SMM2 Amiibo announced
New Switch Bundle with Yellow Joycons? (Current Switch as im not expecting a new one yet)
Steelbook plus Stylus for US release.
Yellow Joycons sold separately or Yellow Gamepad?

Weird guess

Unlikely to happen guess but Nintendo like to Nintendo Curveball sometimes, Super Mario Maker 1 for the Switch Digital Only edition released the same day. I think that would affect the sales though?

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope they go the extra mile. Stuff like customizeable world maps where you can put your levels in.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Hoping they ban Dan Ryckert.

If you ever want to recruit me into designing some evil, evil levels to get back at that guy, well, you know where to find me

I am sorry over at least one of these two things: 1) building that level that crushed your spirit and 2) not making a video edit of your stream of it with Sound of Silence cut over it

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I mean, I would like to make a series of levels that connect together, sort of like a Mario game.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
It would be very cool if they said every Mario Maker 1 level is coming forward into Mario Maker 2.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Yuss! Unfortunately I won't be able to see it live but I can't wait to hear more about the new features and see some of them in action. Hopefully they'll open EU preorders after the direct.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I hope we get even more game themes, would love to see smb2 USA and Donkey Kong 94 or even super Mario land

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I would like to make a series of levels that connect together, sort of like a Mario game.

I understand the idea of wanting to make your own world map and whatever, but I don't think it adds much value to the playability aspect of the game. People already create series of levels with naming conventions and styles and if people like your levels they will follow you. Creating worlds just adds to more stuff that will be completely ignored or made annoying by the vast majority of the playerbase.

Big creators were followed and all their levels were played, some groups got together to make "worlds" on whole new accounts to facilitate a collective of levels. I just don't see much difference with the ability to make a map other than it adding more levels that people will never play or will cause more garbage to be created.

It would be very cool if they said every Mario Maker 1 level is coming forward into Mario Maker 2.

It would really suck to jump into SMM2 in the first week and get SMM1 levels.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So many ideas that I couldn't create in SMM1 are now possible, yesssss.

I hope they haven't revealed all the themes yet.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
15 minutes is a TON of time for one single game. Unless they are going to recap all of the features held over from the first game (a possibility) there could be a lot more features yet to be revealed.