• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Nintendo Game of the Decade contender do you like more?

• Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Votes: 50 61.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Threadmaking privileges suspended: Frequently creating low quality topics after being warned.
Bizarre though the comparison may seem, these are actually the two top rated games of the previous decade. They're also among the most beloved titles on ResetEra, and usually appear to win any polls they show up on. The two are often cited as the peaks of their respective franchises; the two are also gameplay focused entries, eschewing most narrative trappings entirely.

To the best of my knowledge however, they have never been actually pit head to head for us to see which comes out on top, so let's do this.

Which of these two games do you like more, and why?

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Out of those it's BOTW.

But Mario Odyssey is secretly the true king. Blows the Galaxy games out of the water, even the much improved Galaxy 2.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Galaxy 2

because Zelda ain't got no dungeons. if there were more dungeons like Hyrule Castle and themed, it would have been better

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Probably not a popular opinion but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best mario game ever made in my opinion.
BOTW is probably one of my least favortite zelda games.
SMG2 is mario at its peak. BOTW is zelda being creative but ultimately lacking the impact of the prior games.

Gotta be SMG2

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Galaxy 2. Simply the better game, much more fun and way less flaws.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
SMG2 and it's not even close.
BOTW was an empty game and so was Odyssey since I've already seen it mentioned.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Super Mario Galaxy 2 wins by a landslide for me. Zelda with no dungeons ain't Zelda for me (And that's not mentioning the tons of other problems I have with BotW).

Oct 30, 2017
Mario Galaxy 2 really seemed to a magical game to me.

Breath of the Wild was a lot of fun to me. It definitely elevated the open world in a lot of regards. But the world also never immersed me as much as some other open worlds. Plus the dungeons were all rather samey.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Breath of the Wild I think has wider cultural/industry impact. While SMG2 is kind of the pinnacle of its genre and franchise in many ways.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
My enjoyment of 3D platformers gives SMG2 the edge, BotW is undoubtedly more interesting in the grand scheme of video games, but that supreme refinement from Galaxy 1, the peak of 3D platforming, I gotta stick with SMG2.

Breath of the Wild I think has wider cultural/industry impact. While SMG2 is kind of the pinnacle of its genre and franchise in many ways.
Exactly!

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Breath of the Wild. More revolutionary and no wiimote - my reasons.

Galaxy was not even the best Mario game of the Decade - number 4 in that ranking, imo.

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
Galaxy 2 is a fantastic Mario game. BotW is a bad Zelda game.

The choice is easy.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
If it were Galaxy 1 vs Breath of the Wild then we'd have a fight. But since this is glorified level pack vs one of the most fresh and new and innovative and exciting games I've ever touched, of course I'm going with BotW.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 reaches the peak of level design and music for a videogame that 99% of games can only dream, Breath of the Wild is one of those.

Mario Galaxy 2.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Super Mario 3D World is a better 3D Mario and A Link Between Worlds is the best Zelda game of the decade.

That being said, Breath of the Wild's systems was the better innovation between the two games in the poll.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Well I never played mario galaxy 2, but Mario Galaxy is in my top 5 of all times, so if 2 really is that much better, then I'm going for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.