• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
lol people thinking Nintendo of all companies isn't going to charge full price.

Go check out how much NSMBU Deluxe costs or Mario Kart 8. Or Breath of the Wild, a launch title.

All $60. Stuff going on sale is rare, and even when it does... the sales are never that spectacular. I've never seen a good Switch game go for $20.
I bought all of those for 39.99. All one needs with Nintendo games is patience.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
It will be completely laughable if this is $60 without even bothering adding the 3D Land levels. As this game was part of their Selects line for $20, so literally anything over this amount would be anti-consumer as hell. But just like DKCR: Tropical Freeze, I'm not expecting Nintendo to price this reasonably.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sure I'll play it again it's a fantastic game. And the best thing about is that they are going to have to change those "blow on the microphone and touch the gamepad to move the platforms" levels, never liked those so it will be automatically the better version of 3D World for me.

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
It's more known and memorable that 3D World. It's also better.

3D World id worse than 3D Land, a game that's actually innovative in the franchise.

I agree with you but people on this site have to pretend that the Wii U wasn't a complete waste of money, so let them continue to believe that 3D World is some underappreciated gem and it was worth having a 300+ dollar dust collector for.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Yes, and the game is ridiculously easy all the way through until very nearly the end. There is not enough content for people who are good at 3D Mario titles. That is why it was one of my least favorite Mario games, and will remain so unless they bump the difficulty somehow in the new release.

huh... I must be getting old.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Yes, and the game is ridiculously easy all the way through until very nearly the end. There is not enough content for people who are good at 3D Mario titles. That is why it was one of my least favorite Mario games, and will remain so unless they bump the difficulty somehow in the new release.

I mean most Mario games are pretty easy.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it was the truth but I didn't want to go into platform wars.

Seriously, between the Gamecube and the WiiU, do any of them deserve to win?
The gamecube had metroid prime 1 and 2, ttyd, plus windwaker, plus had REmake and re4, and pikmin 1 and 2, and eternal darkness, and viewtiful joe, and animal crossing (out of japan).

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I agree with you but people on this site have to pretend that the Wii U wasn't a complete waste of money, so let them continue to believe that 3D World is some underappreciated gem and it was worth having a 300+ dollar dust collector for.
who hurt you

this is a genuine question, not an invitation to go "I didn't like the Wii U so the Wii U hurt me!"

I mean this response is fucking weird even for normal-ass console warriors

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Who will be the first to (incorrectly) claim that this won't sell well? Come on, there's always one...

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
who hurt you

this is a genuine question, not an invitation to go "I didn't like the Wii U so the Wii U hurt me!"

I mean this response is fucking weird even for normal-ass console warriors

Sometimes a response sounds way better in my head than it does when i click post reply. This was one of them. Seriously the tone wasn't meant to be taken seriously in any way. I know that 3D World is not the only good Wii U game and i don't think that it is bad in any way. I was just making a over exaggerated post because i saw so many people claim that 3D World is underrated, even though it gets praised on this site constantly.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Looking forward to picking this up and playing through it! Between this and the rumored 3D Mario Collection, seems we'll be playing a lot of 3D Mario this year.

Of course this isn't definitive coming from Best Buy, but Nintendo bringing 3D World over to Switch was inevitable.

Oct 2, 2018
I bought a wiiU and i gotta say.. I haven't played very much of it and I can't say the idea of paying $60 for a game I paid $5-10 for is appealing.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
This is my favorite alltime Mario and if they add anything to it I'm definitely in

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
People should know that Nintendo won't hesitate to even sell a GameCube game remaster for $60.

Man, if I could get Eternal Darkness, Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia, Metroid Prime, Killer 7, Paper Mario, Skies of Arcadia and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Remasters for Switch, damn, I'd gladly pay $60 per each game.

Oct 25, 2017
I can still manually put in sku 6255384 and get the url for metroid prime trilogy for switch on best buy's website.
Best Buy has hurt me before. I won't be hurt again.

PgZCb5W.png

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Means absolutely nothing unless you think that Persona 5 for Switch SKU that was posted last year went up early