• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Loved it on Wii U, but I don't have it in me to drop $60 on it again. I liked the Miiverse integration to a certain extent, although most of the posts were complaint-type ones after a while. :) But glad a larger audience will get to play it!

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, I own this on the Wii U but never played it.

Worth a buy? Or does the Dolphin do it proper justice?

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
If it includes Land and doesn't force you to play everything 5 times I would consider it, but I honestly don't think I have it in me to replay all of it again. It became a chore towards the end getting everything.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
What do you think will happen to 3DLand? Stuck on the 3DS forever?
JointIncredibleJay-size_restricted.gif

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Add [a lot of] stuff and maybe I'll buy again.
Toadette won't cut it.

But happy for people that never got to play it, to me it's the best 3D Mario.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week) - Inflammatory Commentary & Platform Warring
60 bucks for 1 old Mario game. Keep that mouth open and suck the shit out of nintendos asshole.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Very rare for Nintendo.

The only mainline Mario games not ported will be getting ported according to the rumors.

NSMB2/Wii will probably stay on their platforms since the New Series was so samey in art style and mechanics.

Super Mario Brothers-ported
SMB2 and USA--ported many times
SMB3--ported many times
SMW--same
Yoshi's Island--same
SM64--ported to DS and rereleased on VC twice.

That means the next games are:

Sunshine
Galaxy
Galaxy 2
3DLand
3DWorld

And a good portion of these are rumored to be ported.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll pass if this isn't almost completely remixed with a bunch of new content/ levels etc.

Already ran through it so many times

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Very rare for Nintendo.

The only mainline Mario games not ported will be getting ported according to the rumors.
They can't just port 3d land. They would have to be entirely remade. Why would they do all of that to include it all with everything in 3d world. That is even more rare from nintendo.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo had the audacity to charge $60 for NSMBU, why is anyone surprised they're charging full price?

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
It is second only to Super Mario World (and that might just be nostalgia talking) and it is a big game so €60 isn't that surprising.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hope this does happen because I haven't played it. I'd buy it immediately.

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
For 60 dollars, it's going to need to come with at least one of the SM Galaxy games for me to buy it. 3D World outside of a couple post credits levels was way too easy.
Enjoy not buying it then... if Captain Toad is still US$40 3d world won't be dropping in price or adding an additional game anytime soon. And why should it? Most Switch owners will never have played it and would gladly pay full price. I know I would...

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
My least favorite 3D Mario, but still an enjoyable game. I can't see me dropping a full $90 Canadian on this again, unless they add a fair bit to the package (which they probably won't).

Good news for folks who missed it!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy not buying it then... if Captain Toad is still US$40 3d world won't be dropping in price or adding an additional game anytime soon. And why should it? Most Switch owners will never have played it and would gladly pay full price. I know I would...
Well I think people look at some sony stuff. Like ratchet and clank remake/reboot was $40, SotC, etc.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Please add 3d land to it! Purty please!. It would be the perfect package!

Maybe make 3d land levels multiplayer!

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I will enjoy not paying 60 dollars for a port of a weak 3D Mario title.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you quoting me? Where did I say I was surprised at all? Doesn't mean I won't criticize it.

Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping it's up for eShop pre-order before my remaining voucher expires in July. I already have it physically on Wii U, so double-dipping on this game (on a system with co-op on the go, no less) was always my first pick.

Maverick14

Banned
Feb 16, 2019
I will enjoy not paying 60 dollars for a port of a weak 3D Mario title.
Indeed....have a blast watching the rest of us suckers pay for and play it....given it's a Nintendo 3d mario that reviewed well i doubt that it is weak...hopefully it will be my cup of tea...multi player, the jazzy soundtrack and cat mario are enough reason for me...