• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
still no gamexplain review? seems as if stuff realy changed

with 3-4 hours for buwsers fury it is meaty enough that i probably will buy the game if i see it on a slight discount.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
i'm curious if local and online is possible at the same time. I have a friend in another province and she wants to play 4 play with her son and my son this weekend. Here's hoping!
Two local players playing on the same Switch can join an online friend room. But if you have three local players, it won't work. That third person in the same house would have to use their own separate Switch to join the online room. But yes, if your friend and her kid in the other province want to play with you and your kid online, that will work :)

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
some reviewers say that as long as everyone has a good connection (wifi or otherwise) it's pretty smooth
Mario Maker 2's online still sucks, right? Or is that also solid as long as everybody in the lobby has a good connection? Because if that's the case, I've never been able to find a lobby made up of people with a good connection.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
Two local players playing on the same Switch can join an online friend room. But if you have three local players, it won't work. That third person in the same house would have to use their own separate Switch to join the online room. But yes, if your friend and her kid in the other province want to play with you and your kid online, that will work :)
Fantastic!

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Seems to be about where I predicted, looking forward to the drunken chaos with friends

Oct 27, 2017
as an insanely slow player, i'm 99% sure my playthrough in BF will be closer to 8 hrs than 6.

i basically have to add +20% more time to average estimates. i don't know why. i guess i stop and smell the roses all the gosh dang time in games. i love exploring every single thing.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Gah, I want it so bad but still have All Stars 3D to beat and that eShop tax. I can buy it almost 20 euro cheaper on cartridge and it's just not a game I'd have to swap out constantly.

Has Nintendo stopped distributing eShop games via code?

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Really want the Mario expansion pack, but not a big fan of paying $60 for it (I already have the Wii U game). But it's Nintendo so it'll take a couple years to get a 20% off sale.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
3D World's bosses are indeed still a step down from the Galaxy games and Odyssey, for sure. I think that's a product of the type of game it is though. The two big bosses (ones not tied to a world, Hisstocrat and Motley) are the best because they make use of power ups.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Can you still use touch controls in portable mode or was it replaced entirely with the cursor aiming thing?

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Loved this game back when it released (played it through several times with different friends) and am buying it again Day 1 because it's worth my time.

Game is excellent, so I am glad that it's still reviewing well 8 years later.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Such an amazing game, was so much fun to play co-op with my wife. Playable Princess Peach legit makes us so happy. :)

Enjoy Champion's Road everyone (when you get there). :P

MachRc

Oct 6, 2020
I just passed Bowsers fury yesterday with my son. Cool open world level with alot of pressure from bowser,.
sort of reminded me of Resident Evil Nemesis chasing me around and godzilla. It was pretty difficult to finish but we did it.

I did notice some frame drops in the regular game, and compared to playing it on a PC in 4k via CEMU, its a great port.
and I highly recommend it for anyone with a switch.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
what's left on the wii u? devil's third? genuinely curious.

oh, i guess the GBA virtual console is something, for sure.

The big ones are Xenoblade X, Star Fox, Fatal Frame, Nintendo Land, and Kirby & the Rainbow Curse. Oh and Yoshi, but there's a 3DS port of that. Xenoblade X is really the only one that's likely to get a Switch port since all of the other games are more heavily integrated into the Wii U's control scheme.

There's also Splatoon 1, but I imagine Nintendo feels that the sequel renders it obsolete.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
That IGN review is something else. I hope they review all rereleases like this and expect everyone to reinvent themselves.