• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1751056bf687abbb69c7e019a54cff1a.gif

Super Mario Sunshine says "hi."

Maybe before Odyssey.

I replayed some Sunshine on the collection and it came lacking.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I already ordered this, but I need to know something, did they bring the ice skate back in Bowser's Fury? I loved that thing but it felt so unexplored in the 3D World and there wasn't a big enough playground for it.

CoinStarDX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT. Can't wait to replay this gem and discover BF.

One question. Haven't they changed the controls for picking and releasing stuff? I swear I read about it yesterday but the OT is not reflecting it so I'm no longer sure.
Don't think so. Run and grab are still mapped to the same button.
They've changed it from the WiiU version.
They're still on the same button, but when you're already holding run you won't grav other players, only objects.
To grab other players it has ti be the initial Pressing of Y.
In addition, you no longer throw anything g after releasing the button. You must press the button a second time to throw anything. That change is in effect for bowsers fury as well. It means you can hold items without having to run the entire time.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
They've changed it from the WiiU version.
They're still on the same button, but when you're already holding run you won't grav other players, only objects.
To grab other players it has ti be the initial Pressing of Y.
In addition, you no longer throw anything g after releasing the button. You must press the button a second time to throw anything. That change is in effect for bowsers fury as well. It means you can hold items without having to run the entire time.

Omg! That's a perfect fix. I hadn't seen anyone mention this yet, just complain that they were mapped the same... thanks!

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Pretty tempted to make this my first "Deluxe" purchase on Switch. I own pretty much all the other Deluxe games on Wii U and haven't wanted to spend all the money to buy them again just because it's so expensive. But this one makes me want to. I loved 3D World and even though I (99%) replayed it a couple years ago, I want to do it again. So bad. I might just break down next time I see it in WalMart.

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to have multiple save files on the one account? I want to have a file for my single player play through plus an online coop file with my brother?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo games do this often where they take like a few minutes after unlock time to play lol

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Usually you just keep spamming cause the servers get spammed to get thru.

Keep trying it eventually happens.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Bowser's Fury was super fun! Pre-release estimates for how long it'd take to complete it 100% were fairly spot-on.

cute reward for 100% completion too.

Jumping into 3D World now and the speed increase immediately caught me off-guard, lol.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
I absolutely adored this game when I was a kid (13/14). Haven't played it in quite a few years but it's still one of my all time favorites. Really excited to play it again. I hope it lives up to my memories, I expect it will

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'll ever get over the wonderful feeling that is playing a brand new Mario adventure for the very first time. It's just unmatched.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Movement is quicker than it used to be in general, it makes the game feel much better, especially when not running. Returning to 3D Land or 3D World used to feel real weird after playing other entries with the movement feeling quite slow if you weren't holding the run button (not to mention the 8-way movement, but that feels more necessary for the format), the increased movement speed really feels a lot more in line with what you'd expect out of a Mario game (and the run is now kind of blazing, it's awesome).

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason why this doesn't have dpad controls? I play the wii u version and Crash games on dpad so I'm pretty annoyed by this.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I had only played this for like an hour or so on Wii U but I always regretted that I never got a chance to play it all the way through. I'm really excited to finally play the hell out of this on switch and also Bowsers Fury looks cool as hell.

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
I never got a chance to play this, but I adored 3D Land on the 3DS. An hour in and I am loving it so far.

... Except for Plessie levels. Those are... Mmn. Nah.