• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
100% getting this, online MP, new content, improvements - holy dang that's some good stuff.

Imagine mini-games for MP, that'd be super cool

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is finally my cue to play this game.

So Bowser's Fury is additional levels, right?

Apr 21, 2018
I can't wait for this. Bowser's Fury looks significant -- the glimpse we got reminds me of a big Odyssey-style world.

I wish this was coming sooner.

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This was the biggest/ best announcement of the Direct for me. Collection looks awesome, but that Bowser content looks amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
While I won't be getting this at $60 because holy shit what a ripoff, this is the one game announced today that I am kinda excited for and will probably pick up second hand if I can find it. 3D World is a game I really wanted to come to Switch after playing Odyssey and I'm glad it finally happened.
Will Boswer have a car in Fatal Fury?
Bowser got sick of Terry in Smash and decided to return the favor.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
While I won't be getting this at $60 because holy shit what a ripoff, this is the one game announced today that I am kinda excited for and will probably pick up second hand if I can find it. 3D World is a game I really wanted to come to Switch after playing Odyssey and I'm glad it finally happened.

Bowser got sick of Terry in Smash and decided to return the favor.
Not a ripoff at all. If Odyssey was worth $60, the amount of game you get with 3D World in comparison puts all other 3D Mario's to shame and is a much better value. This is essentially still its first release since Wii U flopped and it's getting substantial additional content and online multiplayer. The only people that should feel ripped off are Wii U owners, but this looks like the first Wii U port where I don't think I'll feel ripped off.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wish it were out sooner but I can't complain. It's my favourite Mario game by some margin.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- Online multiplayer
- new content that actually looks good
- probably 1080p graphics

Yeah, I'm not a fan of 3D World but this is a solid Switch port. Best announcement from the direct by far.

Oct 25, 2017
Not a ripoff at all. If Odyssey was worth $60, the amount of game you get with 3D World in comparison puts all other 3D Mario's to shame. This is essentially still its first release since Wii U flopped and it's getting substantial additional content and online multiplayer. The only people that should feel ripped off are Wii U owners, but this looks like the first Wii U port where I don't think I'll feel ripped off.
This all ignores the fact that the game will be 8 years old when it launches. The additional content is nice (and I'm sure a significant reason the price has gone up), but what incentive do I have to not just buy the Wii U version for $20 or less, burn it to my PC, and just play it on CEMU to save myself $40? When every other publisher launches their remasters at $40 or less, many times with new content or even complete remakes of the original, I'm willing to take a bit of logistical headache to play the game for far less than full price.

If this game were $40 I wouldn't even question it, I'd happily buy it, but you can't price games in a vacuum as if there's no such thing as competition, examples, or alternatives.

Edit: You don't even have to look outside of Nintendo to see examples of this. Super Smash Bros Ultimate is essentially a super expanded version of Smash 4, but comes with tons of new characters and content for the $60 price tag.

Last edited:

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Am I the only one who had a problem with the controls of the original game?

I'm worried after what they did initially with the SMBU Deluxe controls.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Bowser has Fury because the Miiverse is gone.

Parker

Feb 5, 2018
wiiuchartkwj4w.png

DISCLAIMER: this is just a list of the notable first-party wii u games, with the ones that are available on switch, or the ones that don't need be ported because a sequel makes them unlikely to come to switch (splatoon, smash, mario maker) crossed out. it doesn't mean splatoon 2 or smash ultimate are ports, and also doesn't mean everything has a chance of getting ported (nintendo land, kirby).
I think after the Zelda games, the switch might not get any other Wii U ports.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Not a ripoff at all. If Odyssey was worth $60, the amount of game you get with 3D World in comparison puts all other 3D Mario's to shame and is a much better value. This is essentially still its first release since Wii U flopped and it's getting substantial additional content and online multiplayer. The only people that should feel ripped off are Wii U owners, but this looks like the first Wii U port where I don't think I'll feel ripped off.

Just because the wiiu was a colossal failure doesn't mean that nintendo get to act like games they released on it are going to be new on other platforms. That's the most baffling argument I've heard. The game sold over 5 million copies on wiiu, holy shit at this argument.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So I guess Bowser's Fury has a big open area that connects to smaller, more focused levels at the cat shrines?