• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I'm actually excited for this. I never played 3D world, so having this available on switch, with (an untested) online multiplayer mode and an extra mode is great news.

This is the only thing I'll get from what was shown in the direct.

Mar 30, 2019
Soooo....Bowser is going to be playable...isn't he...

Edit: Well I guess I hit a double cherry and the original me jumped into the void.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Bring over the Zelda remasters next year for its 35th anniversary, Wooly World and Xenoblade X as filler games, and leave the rest to rot.

Color Splash and Star Fox Zero used the gamepad too much and probably couldn't be ported.
Nah. Nintendolands is one of the best game ever made by Nintendo

It beeing forever stuck on WiiU is such a shame

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of disappointed they didn't do a deluxe bundle with 3D Land, but Bowser's fury looks like it could be substantial given that file size

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
This to me was the highlight of the Direct, love the title, can't wait to see what it includes, 3D World co-op is Chaotic-Evil, meaning that Online is a BIG get.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Bowser's Fury speculation: Odyssey-style map replaces the hub world. Open exploration. This is the area we see In the trailer.

That building Mario is standing outside of is the entrance to a specific course. We find them in the open map and use them to get into the more frantic platforming levels.

Courses will be like they are in 3D World.

(I can dream, right?)

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Can't believe this and the Game&Watch announcement are the 2 things I'm most excited about from the Direct lol. Possibly the only 2 things I'm getting too (if the G&W is available for a fair price here).

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
Very interested to learn more about Bowser's Fury. I assume they're going to wait a couple weeks to get in some 3D collection marketing first.

I don't mind some kind of exploration in the form of an overworld, but honestly the best thing Bowser's Fury could be is just more 3D World goodness, with some appropriate twist of course. We'll have Odyssey 2 (or whatever) for the sandbox style of Mario game.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
Online makes this a day 1 on something I likely would have passed on otherwise. Pretty hype actually.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Online multiplayer makes me way more interested in this. Glad to hear that will be a feature.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario 3D World finally! Only Xenoblade Chronicles X and the Zelda HD remasters are left...

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Bowsers Fury looks very much like a big open hub style area with the Cat Temple looking like some entrance to a dungeon so maybe the guy who said its a roguelike with crafting elements was actually serious?

SuperSysom

Oct 27, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Online Multiplayer is literally enough to replay the game again, but we have a new expansion on top of that, as well as a new move mechanic (air dive) and according to NoE we would have many more new features... This is the best!!

I love 3D World to death, I want to revisit it all over and experience it one more time.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Glad this is coming to Switch, more people need to play my favourite 3D Mario.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
Just pre-ordered on Nintendo's UK website! I wish it was out for this winter but I'll enjoy it all the same.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really happy about this.

3D World is my favourite Mario game so new levels is a big deal. Being able to play online multiplayer might be a big deal. We'll have to see how well it runs.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I hope they add some new playable characters. Toadette seems like an easy addition, but why not get weird! Put Wario in.

3D World is a very fun game. I 100%ed it on Wii U. I'll probably buy it again because I like having Nintendo games on my Switch, but I will say to people who haven't played it, there's rarely a moment in the game that will surprise you. 64, Sunshine, the Galaxy games, and Odyssey have those big set pieces moments that feel really exciting and surprising, while 3D World is pretty much just what you expect. Still worth playing! Just a less exciting 3D Mario in my opinion

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I wish they had added one or two more characters honestly, it seems like it'd be easier then adding new levels. Wario or Yoshi would have been really cool, or maybe Pauline with an Odyssey-inspired moveset. Sadly, I think if any new characters were coming they would have been revealed with the game, so I can't see us getting more characters unless they're secret unlockables or something.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
The increased file size is interesting. I can believe Bowser's Fury is substantial but would it really be twice as big as the existing content? Maybe they're also improving texture or music quality or something? Or maybe all this file size is needed for the online functionality? I have no idea, just speculating.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
The file size and Emily's comment are highly interesting...

I'd love to see playable Yoshi and Warriors in here for those sweet 64 DS pseudo-sequel vibes. Hell, give me playable Bowser since that was the first thing the expansion title made me think of.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I wish they had added one or two more characters honestly, it seems like it'd be easier then adding new levels. Wario or Yoshi would have been really cool, or maybe Pauline with an Odyssey-inspired moveset. Sadly, I think if any new characters were coming they would have been revealed with the game, so I can't see us getting more characters unless they're secret unlockables or something.
They are still hiding Rosalina so they could easily be hiding characters for bowsers fury

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Yeah, Bowser's Fury is gonna be extra thicc.

j8ye7c13btp11.jpg

Fuck me February is so far away.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man.

Imagine if Bowser's Fury is actually a sequel-sized expansion rather than just a 2 hour long bonus world or something.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Not ruling out Bowser's Fury being multiplayer or online multiplayer thing like BR or something.

Oct 31, 2017
I hope they add some new playable characters. Toadette seems like an easy addition, but why not get weird! Put Wario in.

3D World is a very fun game. I 100%ed it on Wii U. I'll probably buy it again because I like having Nintendo games on my Switch, but I will say to people who haven't played it, there's rarely a moment in the game that will surprise you. 64, Sunshine, the Galaxy games, and Odyssey have those big set pieces moments that feel really exciting and surprising, while 3D World is pretty much just what you expect. Still worth playing! Just a less exciting 3D Mario in my opinion

?

3DW is full of surprises.