• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Translation:
Notice] Update data Ver.1.1.0 of "Super Mario 3D Collection" is scheduled to be delivered on November 17th (Tuesday). You will be able to change the camera operation to reverse for all three recorded titles.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Can we also get gyro aiming & GameCube controller support for Sunshine?

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised it's even getting a patch. Since it's a limited release, they could've never released a patch and it wouldn't have made a difference in most people's eyes. Is that it, though? I wonder if any visual bugs will be squashed.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, what the hell? Seems really early to announce if this is still so far away.

Guess it's nice to see them do this even if the game is artificially going away, but the game never should have launched without such a basic option.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is a joke, but do games that are delisted get their patches taken down?

Like if someone puts a cart of this game in their system a year from now, will it be able to grab this patch?
Definitely a valid concern imo. I'm assuming it losing its entire eShop page may make it likely that the patch can't be downloaded

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know this is a joke, but do games that are delisted get their patches taken down?

Like if someone puts a cart of this game in their system a year from now, will it be able to grab this patch?
of course. delisting removes the option to make new purchases, but the data is still on nintendo's servers. if you bought digitally, you'd be able to delete and redownload the game, and patches are still available for physical users.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Platform Waring
Phroawr, huge two weeks with Series X/S launch, phase 1 PS5 launch, A PATCH THAT LETS YOU REVERSE THE CAMERA OMG!!!1!, phase 2 PS5 launch.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
I'm surprised it's even getting a patch. Since it's a limited release, they could've never released a patch and it wouldn't have made a difference in most people's eyes. Is that it, though? I wonder if any visual bugs will be squashed.
We're pretty much guaranteed to get this games after march. Even if its separate.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Too late. My brain is already ruined having gotten used to normal camera controls and now fighting to relearn inverted camera controls in Pokemon. I've always been an inverted camera control person. I can't do this back and forth thing, man!!

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece

Seriously? The game will be available for anyone who already bought it to download it. It's not removed from the servers.

Anyway since they are patching it can't thet add a save point system?

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
This is what put me off buying it, I hate when I can't invert the controls. I think I'll maybe get it now, ideally when it's on a sale but that isn't looking likely...

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
Definitely a valid concern imo. I'm assuming it losing its entire eShop page may make it likely that the patch can't be downloaded

you don't need to even enter the eshop to get game patches.

pressing - or + on the Switch main menu brings up a menu that lets you download patches for games.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Oh my fucking god!!

I'm glad I held off on playing the games. I'm seriously surprised they actually cared. Thanks Nintendo!

2wenty7ven

Apr 16, 2018
Just makes me extra sad that they didn't do this for Luigi's Mansion 3. I still can't finish the game as a result

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Surprised they actually updated it at all, but having the option is nice.

Weird that they announced it three weeks ahead of time though.

EDIT: Oh, actually looking at the screenshots, I noticed a fairly neat QoL feature here. Pressing X sets the controls to the 3D All-Stars defaults, and pressing Y sets the controls to the original version, quick shortcuts that don't require you to manually swap each setting.

Last edited:

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Is this really going to make a difference in 64 and Galaxy? The camera is pretty limited in both of them. Would've liked the option while playing Sunshine but I got used to the default camera pretty quick.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
WTF they are announcing the patch 3 weeks before, this is one week more than the game.

I don't really care that much about inverted camera options, but if they improve Sunshine's framerate/pacing and fix the emulation bugs, it will be nice.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still able to redownload Ambassador GBA games on 3DS, even though they aren't listed on the eShop.

I think the bigger concern is likely going to be, years from now, when they stop supporting Switch online services.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Base on my experience on PS3, patches and the game itself is still available for downloads even after being delisted. Delisted usually just means removing it from the store thus not being able to buy it