• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
God damn the lack of QOL updates to 64 and Sunshine really hurts. I really love those games even with all of their jank but this is incredibly disappointing.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Wait so there's barely any improvements on top of the stupid limited availability? Why... why... I don't know if I want to bother anymore, considering how fucking hard it'll be for me to get a physical copy of this. Guess I'll just pass.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Quite excited, hoping Galaxy doesn't require Joy-Con usage. A tad disappointed that, as far as we know, no changes to the games like blue coins autosaving in Sunshine. Also rather impressed Ninto just popped out M64 with no changes, you'd expect there would be some upgrades to make the game hold up, but narp. Ah well, Galaxy + Sunshine + Bonus 64 seems pretty fun!

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
This is the absolute worst take

Feels like some of y'all haven't actually played it since 1996 and are just going off the bad opinions of others
I played and completed it for the first time this year after having only played the DS version previously.

The camera is abysmal, the controls can occasionally be stiff and being kicked out of a level when you die ruins the flow of the game. An ambitious title for 1996, but by 2020 standards it's not up to snuff.

Which is why now was the perfect time for a remake. Or, if they preferred, a remaster with 60fps and camera adjustments at a minimum.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
what was confusing to me is Galaxy 2 was also left out of the retrospective at the end of this mini Direct.

Including NSMBDS & Wii but not Galaxy 2 is just weird.

I would bet at some point Galaxy 2 will get the Switch treatment but it will probably just be straight to digital by itself.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
No mario galaxy 2, no buy.

This bundle is useless to PC+ tv-switch gamers. mario64 PC exists, and sunshine + galaxy (+ galaxy 2!!!) are perfectly emulated today, I believe.

Also, you can play Super Mario Sunshine on a modified Wii/Wii U at 60fps. C'mon Nintendo...

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
$60 for an up res?
64 should be free with NSO ffs
An absolute joke.
Crash and Spyro got full on remakes of 3 games each and were $40.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, 64 isn't even widescreen? They haven't actually changed or improved frame rates or anything?? It's only available for a few months even digitally???

I was really excited seeing this thread pop up but now… I don't think I can justify £50 on this.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Last edited:

Stickman

Oct 27, 2017
Sunshine still 30 fps. When you don't give a fuck cause you know its gonna sell either way.

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
As the only Nintendo fan who has never played 64, Galaxy or Sunshine (handheld + PC gamer here), I feel like Nintendo actually made this game for just me. Sorry all!

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Extremely disappointed in this 3D ""All-Stars"" when all it is is a somewhat upressed version of the vanilla games. Especially disappointed in Mario 64, which apparently they've done nothing with aside from a slight resolution boost that has been done for over a decade through emulation. No addressing framerate issues, no modernising the now clunky controls, no modern aspect ratio, no nothing. My dreams of Mario 64 being remade from the grounds up is gone and buried.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
and this is why Nintendo keeps doing shit like this. People reward them for their stupid, stupid choices.

You know you don't have to be condescending about purchases other people are willing to make.

There is a subjective value to art. Just because one company prices things one way doesn't mean we have to make a mathematical formula that all of them must follow.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
You can play Galaxy in handheld mode on the Shield, so it'll probably be playable with the Pro Controller/attached Joy-Con here as well. Wouldn't make sense to sell this otherwise since a lot of people are playing on Lites.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunate this doesn't include Galaxy 2, and very shitty that it is a fucking timed launch, for 60 bucks no less. What a disappointing cash grab.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
To sum up my thoughts on this release:
tumblr_inline_p6onq2bc0Z1r9vxyz_540.gif

Damn... I miss Iwata SO MUCH!