• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59

We are proud to announce Pass The Punch, our own-IP 2D beat 'em up is coming to PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PlayStation 4in late 2019. Developed by our Nottinghamand Pune studios, the game is set in a world influenced by 80s and 90s Saturday morning cartoons. Pass The Punch follows the story of Rush, a resident of New Atlas, as she fights the dastardly villains King Crab and Red Velvet, who are hell-bent turning Rush's favourite hangouts into lifeless, corporate franchises. It's up to Rush and her three friends to claim back their city for the people!

Marketing_ScreenShots_01_01.png

Marketing_ScreenShots_02-002.png

Game looks great with the gimmick apparently being swapping/sharing weapons during combos. been following this game since I saw the first prototype footage on twitter aaages ago after a Sumo Game Dev Jam last year. Obviously the visuals have changed a lot (i'm hoping pixel mode appears as a bonus!) but this is probably the closest i'll get to a 2D One Punch Man title!!

(these tweets are from the games humble one man dev beginnings!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 2, 2017
Love love love the pixel art, not so much the new art (unless I'm confused which is which ...). Looks like good fun.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59

Love love love the pixel art, not so much the new art (unless I'm confused which is which ...). Looks like good fun.

The pixel art are from the original game jam that the dev took part in, I love the look of that too but the new visuals are equally great imo. Can't wait to actually see it all in motion.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some more screenshots showing off the other two playable characters

Marketing_ScreenShots_03-002.png

Marketing_ScreenShots_04_01.png

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Ahhhh I can't believe it's here now. Can't wait to show more when we're ready, but hope it's cool so far! ^^

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
It looks incredible, but I'm cautious of anything from Sumo after Crackdown 3.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Okay, so folks who talk about modern 2D games looking like a Flash game from the early 2000's?

Yeah, that is exactly what this looks like.

But Sumo makes good games, so this might be awesome.

Oct 25, 2017
So you have tag moves depending on the partner, and each character has a larger than life super powered version of themselves as a transformation to beat the villains up. Cool stuff~

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Okay, so folks who talk about modern 2D games looking like a Flash game from the early 2000's?

Yeah, that is exactly what this looks like.

But Sumo makes good games, so this might be awesome.
Really? I've never seen a flash game that looks this good

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Sumo's last smaller game Snake Pass was brilliant and ended up becoming a favorite of mine. I look forward to seeing more of this!