• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sum 41 or Linkin Park?

• Sum 41

Votes: 33 21.9%
  • Linkin Park

Votes: 118 78.1%

• Total voters

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
Both has an energy and emotion that's undeniable.

Personally, Sum 41 has survived my life.

Last edited:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Neither of these did anything for me. Sum41 and Linkin Park both felt like they had more in common with pop than works for me in the genres, plus neither were genres I was big on.

At that time I was listening to Maiden, Megadeath and Testament so the phase came at the wrong time for me.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I loved Linkin Park when i did not understand english very well. Once i understood the lyrics, i got embarrased. Did they ever grow out of the adolecent cheeseball emotional shit?

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading somewhere that Fat Lip is the catchiest song in the history of music. It was scientifically proven.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
linkin park had multiple songs that were genuinely good (when I was a 14 year old lol)

sum 41 had fat lip, which even when I was 14 seemed too juvenile and stupid for me

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Might be cheesy, but it didn't make the themes any less true, in Chester's case at least.
He had a great voice and Im sure it helped a lot of kids, me included. But i feel like i grew out of it and I cannot hear another whiny song of those first albums. I always liked everything about their songs that werent the lyrics so i was just wondering if they changed.

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
Lol this is some low key ether for LP fans.

Sum 41 has always sucked and everyone knows it but LP fans have labored under the delusion that their music was anything more than the height of commercial rock trash.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really really understand the comparison, but I voted for Linkin Park. I don't think that Sum 41 is anywhere near as popular though, so it just seems like this'll obviously be a very one sided poll.