• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keits

Designer at Iron Galaxy Studios
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm pretty motion sickness sensitive with VR. So far, anything that isnt 1 to 1 movement gets me, and I'm restricted to teleportation for movement in the games I enjoy.

I'm downloading this demo and expecting to last less than 60 seconds in it. Will report back later I guess.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Is it unrealistic to hope PSVR2 is wireless?

I rarely use my PSVR because the six hundred wires and connections it uses tends to be a pain in the ass with setting up. I think last time I used it I literally had to dig the manual out to remember how everything plugged in properly. 😂

Jun 23, 2019
I'm pretty motion sickness sensitive with VR. So far, anything that isnt 1 to 1 movement gets me, and I'm restricted to teleportation for movement in the games I enjoy.

I'm downloading this demo and expecting to last less than 60 seconds in it. Will report back later I guess.

Can't wait to hear you impressions!

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Rift S is arriving tomorrow, I can't justify setting up my PSVR again due to not having hdr passthrough :(

Oct 27, 2017
Is it unrealistic to hope PSVR2 is wireless?

I rarely use my PSVR because the six hundred wires and connections it uses tends to be a pain in the ass with setting up. I think last time I used it I literally had to dig the manual out to remember how everything plugged in properly. 😂
I don't think it's unrealistic, especially since the tech already exists in the Vive Pro. I think the worst case scenario is going to be 1 cable from the console to the headset, at least, I hope its the worst case.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I really hope they come up with a good way to patch Move dependent controls into whatever PSVR2 uses down the line.!

LDNStateOfMind

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
To everyone charging your move controllers, hope they still work for you! Tried charging mine a few weeks back and they're dead as :(

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
this is the only VR game I have any interest in so you guys better report back

Here is some mood music lol

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
To everyone charging your move controllers, hope they still work for you! Tried charging mine a few weeks back and they're dead as :(
One of my moves doesnt hold a charge anymore, need to keep it charging even when it is 100% otherwise when I want to play one will be fully charged and the other will be like 40% :( this sucks

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I demand impressions. And I'll give my own when i play it later.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it's unrealistic, especially since the tech already exists in the Vive Pro. I think the worst case scenario is going to be 1 cable from the console to the headset, at least, I hope its the worst case.
Think the biggest hurdle is a cost. If they have an optional external battery pack + wireless receiver that connects to that one port, but can still be clipped onto you, it should be an ok solution.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to download on PS4 in the USA. It's only up on the web-store right now though, I could not find it on the PS4 Store. You will have to redeem it on the web and then manually tell it to download on PS4.

Marvel's Iron Man VR - Demo

Soar through the skies as Iron Man in this exhilarating VR experience, available on PlayStation Store. Get a taste of the game missions in this demo and learn how to fly around in Malibu, while taking command of Iron Man’s ironic armor and abilitiesbrbrAfter mastering the art of flight, suit up...

This worked for me, thanks

Oct 27, 2017
Think the biggest hurdle is a cost. If they have an optional external battery pack + wireless receiver that connects to that one port, but can still be clipped onto you, it should be an ok solution.
100% agreed. It is encouraging that it works well on the Vive, albeit with some 1st gen kinks to work out.
venturebeat.com

HTC Vive Wireless Adapter review — Trading cables for a battery

The HTC Vive Wireless Adapter is an excellent proof-of-concept, but the implementation is too sloppy to recommend at the moment.

Keits

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL
I can't fucking believe it. I have no clue how they did this but I just beat the demo and I do not feel motion sickness. I just flew in VR as Iron Man and I'm not queasy. WTF.

Its hard to escape the feeling that the Move controller isnt right for this. The IK on the hands/wrists is not right, and some of the moves don't feel as natural as they could. Being wired and not being able to turn 360 hurts as well, but beyond hardware concerns, I am absolutely wowed by this. It was incredibly fun and I still am shocked I'm not motion sick. HOW!?

I do wish I could turn both left and right on either controller, rather than having turn left be on the left only and right be on the right only. I will be replaying this demo again for sure.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This looks like the same demo I tried last year. Guess I don't have to be in a rush to download it then.

FWIW my impression at the time was that it's a competent product, but it's clear that the Move Controllers are not precise enough for some of the more complex actions. Also the game demands quite a lot of 360s, which is a problem with the wired setup.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I can't fucking believe it. I have no clue how they did this but I just beat the demo and I do not feel motion sickness. I just flew in VR as Iron Man and I'm not queasy. WTF.

Its hard to escape the feeling that the Move controller isnt right for this. The IK on the hands/wrists is not right, and some of the moves don't feel as natural as they could. Being wired and not being able to turn 360 hurts as well, but beyond hardware concerns, I am absolutely wowed by this. It was incredibly fun and I still am shocked I'm not motion sick. HOW!?

I do wish I could turn both left and right on either controller, rather than having turn left be on the left only and right be on the right only. I will be replaying this demo again for sure.
How long was it?

Ananasas

Jul 11, 2018
Just finished the demo on ps4 pro.

The good:
Flying was really fun, didn't get any nausea, combat also was kinda fun, point and shoot.

The bad:
There were some frame rate drops during combat also textures are horrible

Overall a strong 6/10 from the demo.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
This just makes me really hope Sony comes up with much better controller scheme for PSVR2 and gets the hell away from the Move Controllers.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
The really, really good releases for the PSVR might be far and between but almost all of them have been some of my favorite gaming moments this Gen.
Absolutely no regrets buying the Headset.

Very much looking forward to a nice PSVR weekend with this, Walking Dead and the new Espire-1 Update. Fuck yeah :-)

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
This just makes me really hope Sony comes up with much better controller scheme for PSVR2 and gets the hell away from the Move Controllers.
They almost certainly are based on leaked patents, the Move controllers were already a legacy implementation when PSVR released. I will eat my hat if PSVR2 doesn't have real hand controllers.

Keits

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL
The demo is just the training mission and chapter 1, and its really great. Takes about 20-30 minutes to clear and you can replay them.

Chuck795

May 7, 2020
Just finished the demo. The tracking is so so so good. They nailed it, the wait just got a lot longer. I had a huge window open with sunlight beaming right at me and it still tracked perfectly and the moves worked flawlessly. Can't believe the magic they pulled off with this.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
They almost certainly are based on leaked patents, the Move controllers were already a legacy implementation when PSVR released. I will eat my hat if PSVR2 doesn't have real hand controllers.

I've seen all the patents they've put out, and they do all look promising. However I'm hoping these patents actually manifest in something good. Would have been better if they ditched them with the release of PSVR.