• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
UP: Kickstarter now dead!

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
So it's only confirmed for PC right now?
Yep. It has to hit the 1Mil stretch goal to get console ports.

What. Dammit, I can't even load the page to see what they're saying, but no Switch = no buy for me.

They are being very transparent. Their goal is to release it on a Nintendo console. At the moment they are hoping there will be a Switch 2 since they don't believe they can get it working on the current model. If there isn't one come release in 2022 they will try to get it working or they will refund every Nintendo backer.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
They want to wait to see if Nintendo will bring out a new console by the time the game is done or else they will downgrade slightly and port to Switch, I believe.
Yeah but even that part was a "maybe", there was even the option of refunding backers if that port doesn't work out, IIRC.

I edited the thread title based on memory as KS is still down for me.

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
Already at 460k. This is getting funded. I will just wait until it releases and buy physical version. But if its a long time between digital and physical I will just get digital.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Already at 460k. This is getting funded. I will just wait until it releases and buy physical version. But if its a long time between digital and physical I will just get digital.
They say in the pitch that they will get the game to backers first including the physical versions. So there shouldn't be a delay unless something big comes up. However they do guarantee you will have it before the general public either way.

Tolby

Sep 24, 2019
Eastern Europe
It's back up for me. The FAQ page is open.

"We will not enter into an exclusive agreement with a platformer."
No Suikoden and Valkyrie Profile crossover then...

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. It has to hit the 1Mil stretch goal to get console ports.

They are being very transparent. Their goal is to release it on a Nintendo console. At the moment they are hoping there will be a Switch 2 since they don't believe they can get it working on the current model. If there isn't one come release in 2022 they will try to get it working or they will refund every Nintendo backer.
They want to wait to see if Nintendo will bring out a new console by the time the game is done or else they will downgrade slightly and port to Switch, I believe.
Ah okay. Thanks. That's good enough for me - can't say fairer than that with the planned release more than two years away.

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
I had said I wouldn't back another project. I promised my wife.

200.gif

Huge Suiko fan here. There's no way I wouldn't back this. Now the loooooong wait begins...

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I picked up both Suikoden 1+2 a couple of years ago on PS1 when I went into a strong collecting phase for the system. I played a couple hours of Suikoden 1 and really enjoyed it. I absolutely have to return someday and play them both fully, they seem like absolutely fantastic games.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Am i still the only fan of Suikoden 4?

You're not alone. Loved my initial playthrough on my PS2. Bought a digital copy on PS3 and started replaying recently. Sailing is slooooow. I wish I could figure out how to deal with a PS2 emulator despite having it physically & digitally just so I can use a fast forward key lol

Back on topic: Come back Kickstarter! I didn't get to look at everything yet!

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I picked up both Suikoden 1+2 a couple of years ago on PS1 when I went into a strong collecting phase for the system. I played a couple hours of Suikoden 1 and really enjoyed it. I absolutely have to return someday and play them both fully, they seem like absolutely fantastic games.
Also 3 and 5.

God, I love 5.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Yep make sure you finish S1 first. They are so good with you play them together. I just wish it didn't have so many bugs.

Also 3 and 5.

God, I love 5.

Yep 5 was much better then I expected when I first bought it.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Anyone want to bet on which publisher they will end up working with?

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
You're not alone. Loved my initial playthrough on my PS2. Bought a digital copy on PS3 and started replaying recently. Sailing is slooooow. I wish I could figure out how to deal with a PS2 emulator despite having it physically & digitally just so I can use a fast forward key lol

Back on topic: Come back Kickstarter! I didn't get to look at everything yet!

I was going to ask about Suikoden 4 here, but thought it was off-topic. It's the only one I have had no plans on playing (still need to play 5). So I should play 4, then?

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
I was going to ask about Suikoden 4 here, but thought it was off-topic. It's the only one I have had no plans on playing (still need to play 5). So I should play 4, then?

Some people will disagree, but I thought 4 was awful. Didn't like the cast, the themes and it had such an awful encounter rate when you're on the boat. You don't really miss much in the grand scheme of things by skipping it. 5 is such a return to form!