• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Now that a lot of Suikoden fans are congregating here to celebrate this announcement, allow me to share this list of numbers, arranged in the factually correct order :

5-2-1-3-4

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I don't know about what other games are doing but the people behind this one threw black people a bone back in the Suikoden days with some of their character designs and stories.

ailaAlt.jpg
latest

If Marisa and the Guardians are as cool as the Karaya clan was in Suikoden 2 and 3 then we're in for a treat.
I wonder whats up with lucia. In s2, she looks so terrifying and dangerous and makes me see karayan as dangerous clan but in s3 she looks like a different character, she seems to have more wisdom in s3

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder whats up with lucia. In s2, she looks so terrifying and dangerous and makes me see karayan as dangerous clan but in s3 she looks like a different character, she seems to have more wisdom in s3
I think she's like 15 years older then you get to play as members of the Karayan clan in the 3rd game and see that they're really not bad people at all. Still dangerous as hell in a war though.

suikoden3_jimba_2.jpg
latest

Jimba and Beecham ain't no one to fuck with. Then of course Lucia with the whip and Aila with the bow are beasts on the battlefield.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Now that a lot of Suikoden fans are congregating here to celebrate this announcement, allow me to share this list of numbers, arranged in the factually correct order :

5-2-1-3-4

Never got far with 4 and 5 despite owning them...

but 1-3 are masterpieces. I can't even try to be objective enough to rank them, because they are all special, and overload my sense of nostalgia. I remember buying Suikoden 1 as a "what the hell is this, how do you say that, what does it mean, ah well I guess it's an RPG" impulse, and absolutely loving it, replaying it over and over. 2 perfects the formula, and then 3 changes things up, but I found the way you progress through the story quite interesting. Loved all the nice guy Thomas parts. Meaty game.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Could each of you post maybe a couple of tracks that you feel is best representative of the talent of these composers? Just to have an idea of what we can expect. I'm not familiar with either.

Thank you!

Honestly choosing was HARD, especially for Sakuraba. There's a lot to love. I recommend his soundtracks with tri-Ace, Baten Kaitos, End of Eternity, Shining Force 3, most of his arrange album...
Michiko Naruke did some of the best smash arrange also. She always does solid musics.

Michiko Naruke :
Wild Arms :

Wild Arms 3 :

Wild Arms 4 :
At the End of the Wilderness Ver. Detonator

Motoi Sakuraba :
Shining Force 3 :

Valkyrie Profile :

Valkyrie Profile Silmeria :
In order to acquire the light in that hand
Star Ocean 3 :
Starless Wavelets
Star Ocean 4 :
Brilliant Rose
End of Eternity :
Irruption B
Baten Kaitos :
Limpidly Flow

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
It's 3 >or= 2 > 1 >>>> 5 >>>> 4 by the way.
I'll accept 2 before 3, but 5 and 4 are just the least good, that's established universal law.
1 is short but also quite old but nothing is to be thrown away from it. It has the DNA of 2 and 3.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm in. Loved the first two Suikoden games, the team looks great, and the first look material looks good.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
I like what I hear! I never played Wild Arms outside of like 30 minutes of the first game years ago. Maybe I should give it another shot?

Most definitely. Wild Arms was in the Golden Era for JRPGs. When I was younger (around 14 at the time), I was looking for Final Fantasy 7. Since I didn't have a Computer or anything to check up on release dates, my Dad got me Wild Arms instead.

Great experience. It has the trifecta that JRPGs should have; Story, great Battle System (and it's mechanics), and most of all, MUSIC.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I love Suikoden a lot but it's frustrating to see people just ask for him to retread all the same ideas with strategists and vampires and all that. I just want him to write what he wants and I really don't need callbacks to anything specifically OF Suikoden. I trust him to make it feel similar without having Totally Not Luca Blight stomping around.

Like if he ends up with a strategist named Goldberg instead of Silverberg I'd just be disappointed.

I'm obviously in day one at whatever tier will get me a physical version of whatever console version I can get on top of a PC code though.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Have they said anything about army battles? They talk about growing your army. Duels and 6 character combat is back. But have they said anything about strategy battles?

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
This character art is bananas

028.jpg

Gorgeous... But I told myself no more damn crowdfunding. Im not being burned again.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
I'm really surprised to hear how many bad KS experiences people have had. Out of 17 games KS'd, I've only been burned by 2: Project Phoenix (ugh), and Mighty No 9 (not b/c they didn't deliver, but because it sucked)

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Michiko Naruke is easily one of the best video game composers, ever since the PSX Wild Arms days. This is an amazing team.

Last edited:

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
mttl_about_L.png

mttl_story_L.png

Our story begins in one corner of Allraan, a tapestry of nations with diverse cultures and values.
By dint of sword, and by way of magical objects known as "rune-lenses,"
the land's history has been shaped by the alliances and aggressions of the humans, beastmen, elves,
and desert people who live there.
The Galdean Empire has edged out other nations and discovered a technology that amplifies the rune-lenses' magic.
Now, the Empire is scouring the continent for an artifact that will expand their power even further.
It is on one such expedition that Seign Kesling, a young and gifted imperial officer, and Nowa, a boy from a remote village,
meet each other and become friends.
However, a twist of fate will soon drag them into the fires of war, and force them both to reexamine everything they believe to be right and true.

EdtBD92UYAMkWRm

main_visual.png

img_boss.png

eiyuden_ss_05.png

EdtBJvYWsAA7k-c

EdtBBYOWsAEF8ns

y_5f1af3a663747.jpg

Characters

025.jpg

024.jpg

028.jpg

026.jpg

023.jpg

029.jpg

027.jpg

Concept art?
014.jpg

013.jpg

Eh, good look to them, after Project Phoenix, Mighty No.9 and at how disappointing Shenmue III was i'm not trusting japanese developers with KS anymore.

Already dodged a bullet with The Wonderful 101
This. The only decent game that came around without any big drama was Bloodstained.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
not sure if i would call bloodstained without drama.
Luckily I said without any BIG drama :P project Phoenix was a straight up scam, Mighty No.9 was... very special in a lot of ways and Shenmue had that Epic Games cluster fuck.

It's a miracle that Bloodstained turned out the way it did tbh.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I need this to come through, please! I just beat Suikoden III last month and was gonna make a LTTP thread, it was so interesting as a longtime fan of both I and II. Still need to play through IV and V.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Could each of you post maybe a couple of tracks that you feel is best representative of the talent of these composers? Just to have an idea of what we can expect. I'm not familiar with either.

Thank you!
You're definitely familiar with Motoi Sakuraba. He's everywhere, most recently in Dark Souls 1-2 and some of 3 too.

Michiko Naruke is the composer in the Wild ARMs series.

Legendary intro:

Some of my favourites (I could listen to the first one in loop tbh):

Bonus: Ecstasy of Gold cover! (the Wild ARMs overworld map)

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah the Suikoden rankings half begun aye?
3>2>5>1>Tactics for me

I'm really really excited man. They should throw a viki in there lol

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Why is Suikoden 2 regarded as much better than the first. I can't remember the differences between the two from that long ago but I remember them being virtually identical?

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
Why is Suikoden 2 regarded as much better than the first. I can't remember the differences between the two from that long ago but I remember them being virtually identical?

2 mostly just takes the same thing from 1 and make it better. It didn't try to change anything. Some have already said it - 2 perfects the formula of 1.