• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the fact that all the revealed characters have a favorite food listed means that there will be a cooking system/mini game.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Eiyuden-Chronicle-Hundred-Heroes_2020_07-24-20_007.jpg

She's never leaving the party

QUEEN

zi5OJQY.gif

Hold up let me dig out the black card, we're funding this shit.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Hrmmm.

I am in. But man oh man after Mighty No. 9 and Shenmue and how they turned out I have to really keep my own expectations in check.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I'm happy this thread is getting a lot of attention, Suikoden was an amazing RPG and probably my 2nd favorite RPG series on the original Playstation. Large cast RPG's need a come back.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't backed anything on Kickstarter in years and this is the first time I am tempted to in a long time. To be honest, I am expecting it to take years only to end in disappointment and tears, but even then I think I might have to roll the dice on something that might scratch that Suikoden itch for me. I wonder if they will commit to a Steam release because I don't fuck with EGS.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say, I'm not over the moon with Nowa's design. He doesn't look as cool as Tir, Riou, Hugo or Frey.

I do love that he's continuing the tradition of Chinese martial arts weaponry with the hookswords, though. I hope if they do a sequel that the protagonist uses a meteor hammer or rope dart. Though I wouldn't say no to a fangtian ji or a snake spear either.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I am 100% down. Do we know all the additional collaboration? Artist/programmer/musicians etc?

All this kickstarter cynicism....Bloodstained proved it can work, so it's just as likely another one will.
Its always more than a little frustrating when we've seen the amazing games we can get from them, more than a few.

FTL, Darkest Dungeon, Bloodstained/Curse of Moon, Both Divnity OS games, Undertale, Night in the Woods, Crosscode, Hyper Light Drifter, Sunless Sea, Banner Saga, etc.

Its always a gamble but don't pretend we haven't gotten a lot back from it, stuff that might never have existed without Kickstarter. Its fine if you don't want to take the risk (JRPGs don't have the best track record on the service so far, for sure) but don't pretend like it hasn't worked to great effect before.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Those screenshots look so good, but after what happened to Boodstained and MN9 original kickstarter shots, hard to say if they won't downgrade the same.

AllBizness

Banned
Mar 22, 2020
If their putting it on Switch then why not also release on current gen consoles? Makes no sense they are leaving money on the table.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Just as likely to fail. Every kickstarter is a risk investment. That said, there are some games I'm willing to bet on more than others.
Yes... my original response was directed towards the cynicism in this thread. Aka it will fail, and now we are back at square one with your comment.
To be absolutely fair, either stance is a logical fallacy. Past kickstarters have no bearing on the outcome of this or any future kickstarters.

Deleted member 6233

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): antagonising another member, multiple prior bans for antagonising members
Okay, I have updated the OP enough I think. There is a lot more info about the game in the article, and I didn't copy it to give gematsu some clicks.

Screw Gematsu, screw them. They act like damn experts on Japanese everything. They're not. Tired of Sal shrieking and screeching ah ah ah don't copy and paste this and that article here, it's a Gematsu exclusive!! 🙄🙄 Cry me a river Sal. The news is posted everywhere within minutes, stop acting like you have all these exclusive scoops when you don't. After the night I had last night I'm not in the mood for "prominent" forum members, forum antics and "credible" journalists. I'm tired of being afraid to say what I think of this joke of an industry. The games are great, the industry politics aren't.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Also, this isn't coming out in 2022.

Nice try, fellas, but we all know how this works by now, if it gets finished, it'll be by 2024 at the soonest.

Oct 26, 2017
Just as likely to fail. Every kickstarter is a risk investment. That said, there are some games I'm willing to bet on more than others.

There's a vast chasm between a kickstarter with a seasoned game producer getting the gang back together to make a fairly low budget game based on a beloved series, and a kickstarter where a cocky young nobody wants to make the perfect action/RPG/platformer/racer/space exploration/tactical sim/romance game with 5000 characters, a million lines of dialogue and five sculpted 1:6 statues for all supporters.

I'm assuming that it will take time. I'm guessing 2023, which is still infinitely sooner than I expect a new Suikoden, so I'm all in for it.

As for the game itself... I would love it if Viki just teleports in and keeps doing her thing, with no further explanation. Surely Konami can't have a trademark on a specific character like that?

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Its always more than a little frustrating when we've seen the amazing games we can get from them, more than a few.

FTL, Darkest Dungeon, Bloodstained/Curse of Moon, Both Divnity OS games, Undertale, Night in the Woods, Crosscode, Hyper Light Drifter, Sunless Sea, Banner Saga, etc.

Its always a gamble but don't pretend we haven't gotten a lot back from it, stuff that might never have existed without Kickstarter. Its fine if you don't want to take the risk (JRPGs don't have the best track record on the service so far, for sure) but don't pretend like it hasn't worked to great effect before.
I'm not against Kickstarter but aren't all of those games of a smaller scale and scope than a Suikoden game?

I'm torn because Suikoden was amazing in part because of that scope, but on the other hand even if they came out with something that grand, how am I going to play it?

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
Well well, hello there Green Nanami!

kiNd4xu.png

Can't wait to see the Viktor & Flik characters. (Viktor is already present in the studio name!)

This game is a dream come true. Will Kickstart as soon as the page is up. It'll be the first one I ever contribute to.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Screw Gematsu, screw them. They act like damn experts on Japanese everything. They're not. Tired of Sal shrieking and screeching ah ah ah don't copy and paste this and that article here, it's a Gematsu exclusive!! 🙄🙄 Cry me a river Sal. The news is posted everywhere within minutes, stop acting like you have all these exclusive scoops when you don't. After the night I had last night I'm not in the mood for "prominent" forum members, forum antics and "credible" journalists. I'm tired of being afraid to say what I think of this joke of an industry. The games are great, the industry politics aren't.
Bro what did you smoke

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Wow, it looks really the jRPG of my dreams!

Using new technologies to do something fresh grounded in the past. The battle screen is amazing.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey that looks great!! Taking a page from that Octopath Traveler look makes me very happy for sure!

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
All these people crying about kickstarter.

I would gladly pay $100 just for the chance something like Suikoden could come out in this day and age.

I'll be backing day one.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I really like that they aren't doing pixels + bokeh like Octopath, looks much better here.