• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Being in Arkhamverse doesn't even make sense based on the trailer. It's like they heard ppl are disappointed this being reboot and they just shove that in.

It's weird how Gotham Knights which refers to events in AK is a reboot and this one which feels so different in tone and feature characters looking different or supposed to be dead is Arkhamverse.

Last edited:

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Every game designed for co-op that promises "Oh, don't worry, you can still play it singleplayer" always turns out to be a miserable experience singleplayer. Bullet-sponge bosses with adds everywhere, bad partner AI, repetitive game design (e.g. shoot waves of dudes, protect a thing, repeat forever).
Yeah that's why I don't like that
+ the storytelling/production value is so downgraded compared to a full single player game (like Arkham Knight or Spider-Man)

Maybe they will avoid these problems but for now I doubt it

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if co-op was included because then your friends see the cool MTX items you bought and it motivates them to also buy cosmetic items in the store.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
"What if Superman was evil, though" - very original story there

How else are they going to get this demo?!

cfsCNU5.png

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Um how are you guys being fooled by being in game/in engine? It reeks of CGI.

Also if this is next gem only, awesome! But I'm curious how this works on xbox one s. I thought all xbox games play on all the consoles now.
If developers don't make the game for 8th gen, it doesn't work on the 8th gen, it's as simple as that.

Arkham Knight is still one of the best looking games of the generation so I'm very intrigued to see what Rocksteady does with next gen power.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is called Suicide Squad not Batman. This is a shooter. Batman isn't.

What do you want them to do? One of them does the mission and tells the rest of the squad to sit at home? That sort of defeats the concept of suicide 'squad'.
I would have liked them to do a Singleplayer focused game. That even works with squad based games.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
as others have said, it really reminds me of sunset overdrive. i mean it could be cool but i'm not blown away by the concept of playing a third person shooter/brawler with these 4 characters. it's nothing that gets me excited like a batman beyond game would do. depending on how they are planning to monetize the game it might completly kill my interest.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This game sure seems slimy. Most big games feel designed by committee these days but I was hoping that Rocksteady had more leeway after the way they handled Batman.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the tone of the trailer and the character designs. Third person, Arkham universe, solo or co-op. Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see some gameplay!

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
Didn't sound like GAAS tbh.
Deadshot = Iron Man
Harley Quinn = Black Widow
King Shark = Hulk
And well, Boomerang is there with a gun (wtf?), maybe Hawkeye?

It's GaaS just like Marvel's Avengers, it seems obvious to me. Likely with a single player like that one, so as long as the combat is complex and interesting like the one we are getting, it might be good.

Hopefully, Rocksteady Studios can become a decent workplace for their employees by 2022 so I can enjoy this as well.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh it's hard to say anything without seeing gameplay but based on the premise I'm still more hyped about Gotham Knights

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
It's really bumming to see all these superhero games coming out and every single one is is either a GAAS or clearly aimed at co-op/multiplayer people.

Hard pass.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This totally reads as games as a service to me. Unless they are doing some next level, story-driven, co-op that just happens to also be on like a 7-8 year dev cycle? Think about that for a moment and it should become clear that they see dollars coming from persistent online games and want a piece of that action.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
its a reality but these two games kinda seem like they aim for the same audiences? dc fans that want co-op action i mean

yes!!
but maybe they are going to be released with more than a year from each other...
I think publishers doesn't care anymore.
it looks that to them, if the game has multiplayer component and possibly some kind of post content that can be sold separatEly they are fine...
look at assassins creed games! Almost a year franchise that keeps adding payed content almost at same time they will release other.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
For me it's a non-announcement. It's a nice trailer that's vague on the game itself. Good to have them officially clarify they are working on something, but it's just no going to get me interested till I can see the game and what it actually is shaping to be.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This totally reads as games as a service to me. Unless they are doing some next level, story-driven, co-op that just happens to also be on like a 7-8 year dev cycle? Think about that for a moment and it should become clear that they see dollars coming from persistent online games and want a piece of that action.
yeah i'm seeing people in this thread reassure themselves this isn't a GaaS from the trailer

look at it from a business perspective, you don't invest this much money and time for a one-off. they're definitely going to be milking the cow for a good few years after release with content updates and maybe expansions.

Trahald

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused, has it been confirmed to be CG? I thought it looked like an in-engine cutscene.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
Suicide Squad is about the team. You can't emphasize the team part if you just want a solo experience with one character.
I'm not saying it should be a solo experience with one character, but I don't think it would hurt if there were short sections or areas where you play as 2 of the 4. The entire game having all 4 characters ALWAYS together just seems like a bad move imo, but we'll see. Not much to go on at this point.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
I was honestly expecting nothing with this game and was still disappointed. I really, really don't like the character designs, the concept just shows no one learned anything from the original movie (that I am assuming was the reason this game was greenlit in the first place), and it just looks like another generic GAAS-fest.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Um how are you guys being fooled by being in game/in engine? It reeks of CGI.

Also if this is next gem only, awesome! But I'm curious how this works on xbox one s. I thought all xbox games play on all the consoles now.

Yeah, this never really meant anything. The only major game getting cross gen from Microsoft is Halo infinite from what I can tell. Expect Xbox one to be left behind in 2022.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
There's going to be eventually be a Batman + Gotham Knights vs. Superman + Suicide Squad game or story is the vibe I'm getting.

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunatel, it's not weird anymore.
All major publishers apart from Sony go for multiplayer games now...
it's sad but its the reality!!

Activision published Sekiro, Nintendo has lots of SP games like BotW, Capcom published RE7, RE 2 Remake and DMC 5, EA published SW Jedi Fallen Order, Bethesda published Prey, Dishonored 2 and DOOM Eternal, Take 2 published RDR 2, Sega publishes Yakuza. Cyberpunk is out soon.

You think Resident Evil Village, Ghostwire Tokyo, Hitman 3, Deathloop, Starfield, Elden Ring, Bioshock 4, Breath of the Wild 2 and many others will be MP focused?
SP fans have nothing to worry about, but fact of the matter is that most players want to play MP. Look at how big Fortnite, CoD, Mario Kart and Fall Guys are.