• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
I know that the XSX isn't out yet, but apparently some of the bigger headsets are forward compatible.

I'm wanting something with great sound, preferably Atmos and something that isn't super uncomfortable or a pain in the ass to set up.

Currently I'm thinking about getting the LucidSound LS35X or the Astro A50s, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Either the Rig 800LX or the Arctis 9x both good headsets both are 100% wireless no need to plug anything into the controller. With the Rig 800LX all you have to do is plug the little puck into the USB port and your set.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I know that the XSX isn't out yet, but apparently some of the bigger headsets are forward compatible.

I'm wanting something with great sound, preferably Atmos and something that isn't super uncomfortable or a pain in the ass to set up.

Currently I'm thinking about getting the LucidSound LS35X or the Astro A50s, but I'm open to other suggestions.
I haven't tried themself yet but Steelseries just released a brand new headset for series X called the 7X and one for ps5 called 7p and they are getting good reviews plus apparently the 7X works on ps5 too but the 7p does not work on Xbox. They both also work with switch and pc.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
I've been using the Rig 800LX for years now and love it. Think they go for $150 new if you can find them, not sure I'd risk the refurbished ones, which seem to be most prevalent on Amazon.

Only issue I've ever had with it is occasionally you may have to unplug and replug in the receiver when you first start the console, maybe once or twice a month. Never had any other issues or disconnects etc.

Jalen

Dec 18, 2017
I picked up a pair of Refurb gen 3 astro a50s for like $120 on ebay.

I had to replace my gen 1 astro 50s that I bought off ebay for $100 in 2015 because they wouldn't work with the new xbox

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I've got some lucid sounds LS35's .
They are ready well made an comfortable.
they show up on the Xbox guild with battery indicators and notifications as it's running out.
I can use them with my PS5 via a able too, which is handy vs other wireless ones I've had

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just bought a refurbed Arctis 9x as my first pair of premium cans. Loving it so far, the sound quality is amazing plus Bluetooth.

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Steel series 7x is out now which is supposed to have both xbox and ps5 compatibility, so I'm considering that one as I'll be getting both consoles. Only concern is the IGN review mentioned that Sony locks surround sound to their first party headsets?? That can't be right, can it? It looks like a great headset for XSX but it's a no go for me if it's not compatible with Tempest 3D audio on PS5 too.