• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you like the next Deus Ex release to be?

• I want a sequel to Mankind Divided. Someone has to wrap up the Jensen story arc!

Votes: 235 63.5%
  • I want a remaster of the original game.

Votes: 49 13.2%
  • I want another (soft) reboot.

Votes: 53 14.3%
  • Other/I don't really care as long as we get another game.

Votes: 33 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
With the recent announcement that Square Enix has sold off its studios under Square Enix Europe, complete with such franchises as Tomb Raider and Deus Ex, I'm feeling a lot more comfortable about a new Deus Ex coming out before the gen is over. My question at this point is not whether we will see a new game, but rather what said game will look like. So I'm interested to hear what Era would like to see, specifically whether it's a sequel to Mankind Divided, a remaster, or even another reboot.

Personally, I'm strongly in the camp of wanting a sequel to MD. Not saying I wouldn't take a remaster, but anyone who has played MD knows that it has so many hanging threads that I feel it'd be criminal to just let that story die in the water.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Please give me the second half of Mankind Divided. I've been waiting 900 years. I need to know about you-know-what in the vault of the Palisades Bank. My children are starving.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
We need the third game in the trilogy. There's a lot of interesting implications regarding Jensen that I want to see more of.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I choose all of the above.

Give me moar Deus Ex.

kylo-ren-more.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna say this and hopefully be proven wrong but set your expectations accordingly.
If they make another Deus Ex, it will have a lot less budget than the previous two. Not saying it will be worse, but don't expect something as "expensive"

That being said, let Nightdive do a Remake of the original.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
I guess they should finish up the Jensen story, but before MD, I was hoping for a new story and protagonist and I still hope they do that after finishing up what they started.

I'd be happy with a fairly basic remaster of the original like Nightdive does. I think a remake is unnecessary, but I wouldn't really hate it either.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that when the new CEO came in at SE and gutted the project's(mankind divided) budget in half... ughhh...

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Go for the easy money and do a Human revolution remaster and a next gen Mankind Divided patch, then wrap up the story arc in the third game.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Beggars can be choosey: the thread

After listening to some of HBomberguy's "it's OK" video on Deus Ex makes me hope for a game more like the original (even though I never played it)

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL
We need a sequel to Mankind Divided for sure.

What we also need is a bigger proportion of gamers to appreciate immersive sims. The genre, or elements of it, should be way more popular since it makes decision making in the game so much more organic and well, more interesting. No idea why more people played Wolfenstein II TNC over Prey in 2017, for example. Not that Wolf 2 isn't fun, but Prey is way more fun! Facts!! XP

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Have Nightdive make a remaster of the original Deus Ex (including a console version that could use the PS2 port as a reference for how to make it more controller-friendly), and make a follow-up to Mankind Divided.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Remaster of Human Revolution and a Mankind Divided sequel. Definitely needs to be a third game with the way Mankind Divided ended.

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
I would say finish Jensens story but canny for the life me remember much about the sequel.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
I'm desperate so I will take anything.

Except a continuation of Invisible War. I'm not that desperate.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Nightdive need to focus all their efforts on a Legacy if Kain remaster collection so we can finally conclude that epic story.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I could 100% see it getting a reboot and marketed almost exactly like Cyberpunk was. A stylish, open-world FPS/RPG in a Cyberpunk setting is a slam dunk on paper, and the series already hits several of those marks. More freedom and interactivity in missions like in an immersive sim would take a lot of time and effort for a huge game like that, but the results could be fantastic.

Except this time, it might actually be a good game not riddled with bigoted shit like CP was (though IIRC Human Revolution/Mankind Divided had some nonsense too).

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Personally, I want the devs to remake/rebuild the original from scratch so they understand the originals mechanics/storytelling/style and focus. Kind of like how 343 remade Halo 1 (I know that was more of a "Remaster" built on top of the original and not everyone was happy with it), but more fleshed out like the Revision Mod. Make it in Unreal Engine 5, make it better looking, open up options, fix the AI, refine the combat.

After this either finish Jensons story or soft reboot it straight after.

Exist 2 Inspire