• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see another Ghost. It's a 6.5/10 for me, but there's absolutely a solid foundation there. Now that the tech and combat mechanics are established, they can focus on making the rest of the game a bit less archaic and boring.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My question is this- GoT is loosely based on an actual historical event (Mongol invasion of Tsushima). Assuming want to keep that loose historical accuracy, is there another adventure that Jin could go on that makes sense? Any other invasions, wars, etc. in this time frame that could provide an enemy faction to fight in another game? Or was Japan relatively peaceful after the failed invasion?

And for the record, I'd like for them to stay in the feudal Japanese setting, rather than jumping around like Assassin's Creed.

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
I don't see them making a new IP. Sucker Punch isn't very big, it took them six years to make GoT.

It'll either GoT2 or an existing Sony IP.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Ghost, but with another setting. Turn the swordplay into hand to hand combat With Kung fu and other style you learn through the campaign.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
My question is this- GoT is loosely based on an actual historical event (Mongol invasion of Tsushima). Assuming want to keep that loose historical accuracy, is there another adventure that Jin could go on that makes sense? Any other invasions, wars, etc. in this time frame that could provide an enemy faction to fight in another game? Or was Japan relatively peaceful after the failed invasion?

And for the record, I'd like for them to stay in the feudal Japanese setting, rather than jumping around like Assassin's Creed.

afaik there was a second Mongol invasion about 8 years later

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
How about a new inFamous game that isn't rushed to fit a console window? I would really like another fun superpower game.

In general, I don't really think the gameplay loop they built in Tsushima is really all that expandable. They kinda covered everything they could in Tsushima as a locale and trying to go to mainland Japan would probably present more problems than solutions for them.

yeah, second son was so weird

instead of three sets of enemies as you progress, it's just rock guys

the fact that it's not a fictional version of Seattle but the real thing

conduits going from "whatever powers" to strictly elemental powers

even the voice actors went from mostly small names to Travis Willingham, Laura Bailey, and Troy Baker

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
What they did with GOT is something really special and I'd love to see the hem continue it. However I did muse with a friend on what if we got another historical game like Shaka Zulu from them? I'd be so down.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
There is a lot of untapped potential with GoT. Give us a sequel where they can build upon the foundation of the original. This is what they did with inFamous 2 which is still to this day has the best superpower gameplay.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Sly Cooper, then Infamous. Then something new. Then after all of that, maybe a GOT thing. Pretty low on my list to be honest.

May 10, 2019
Honestly, absolutely loved exploring Tsushima with no burnout unlike more recent Assassins Creed games. The one thing that I kept thinking while playing was I want to explore Japan during this period or further down the timeline.

From Mount Fuji and everything inbetween but I also had the same thoughts when playing Sekiro. It's a world that I want to get lost in.

456a4429-c971-475a-bc56-cdb2b91c550c.jpg

Oh, I would also like to have a "personalized katana" forge next time. Being able to make my own sword(blade length, guard, handle, scabbard and different color options for the cord and so).

Last edited:

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Ghost 2: 2nd invasion

Ghost 3: civil war or rebellion against the Shogun

after that maybe they can do "Ghost of" something else
Basing Ghost 2 on Tsushima again would be incredibly unambitious for a full blown sequel.

Personally I'd just skip ahead with Jin on the mainland and then have flashbacks of the second invasion where Jin was eventually forced to leave the island.

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to see a new game in the world of Ghost or just continuing Jin's story. They always described the game as the wandering Samurai fantasy. A lot of potential for smaller stories with the character that don't involve a "save Japan" overarching narrative.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
A new cel shaded stealth/platformer where you play as an octopus underwater. You can use the octopus' camouflage to blend into the environment and you can unlock more tentacle attacks as you progress through the game (at first you can only hit/slap with 1 tentacle but by the end of the game you will be able to use all 8).

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
More Ghost please. That game is awesome and it will be dope to see where the story goes next.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
They aren't going back to sly. I think they either do another infamous or Build on Ghosts as a series in a different locale or Do a New IP.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
Either Ghost or Infamous would be great for ps5, either way we will have to wait at least 3 or 4 years for their next title.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It sold well because it was new and fresh and had a good developer behind it.

At the end of the game the experience for me felt like B tier caliber vs a AAA game. I know its a new franchise but to be honest I expected better from the devs and sony.

To me its a one and done, I really have no interest in the characters, story or gameplay after the credits rolled.

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
I enjoyed all three of their PS4 games, so really I'm fine with them doing whatever they want next I will say, their traversal in the Infamous games is so much fun and unmatched by any game other than Spider-Man, so I was a bit disappointed by that not being a part of Ghost at all (although grapple hook was fun), so I'd like to see them return to that.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Either a new Infamous title or a new IP.

THISSSSSS!!!!
I've been replying the infamous series and after just finishing Infamous 2 I really want a game that is this in depth with its powers using PS5 hardware.
Would love to see them tackle multiple protags with one of them being Cole, or at least have Cole playable for a while. Like DMC4/5 with Dante and Nero.

Something like this made for PS5...

tumblr_or7s3jHO7E1txj8weo2_500.gifv

MsV6mUjXj_bFeobl_TctR5VQCdja-mzhYkFBKQAuwgD4BX3m2HPICtni6ITx_a2FpSQlcI1G_BGr9YwfTVqrEgHR8z6bI2RGiGHyQn7kwK2sr8GO6zBj-Cp9jHvzX4ZdI2A--iZm

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's gonna be Ghost of Tsushima 2, you don't invest all that time and money researching 13th century Japan and creating assets for a game set during that time for a single game.

Jan 9, 2018
Either Ghost 2 or an infamous reboot with the return of cole and at the end it turns out cole is a mutant in the marvel universe haha

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Keep the mystical stuff in the MP, and another game with Jin. His story ain't done yet.