• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Launch month?

• June 2020

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • July 2020

Votes: 260 22.5%
  • August 2020

Votes: 456 39.4%
  • September 2020

Votes: 353 30.5%

• Total voters

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I still prefer the english voice version compare to the japanese voices. Maybe because I can understand what he's saying, but I feel like I got more out of what he's speaking. Like the last scene where Jin shouts, feels like t3ou can feel the anger and some hint of desperation in the delivery for me.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still prefer the english voice version compare to the japanese voices. Maybe because I can understand what he's saying, but I feel like I got more out of what he's speaking. Like the last scene where Jin shouts, feels like t3ou can feel the anger and some hint of desperation in the delivery for me.

Agreed

Deleted member 61179

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
The graphics, particles and physics are incredible!
I love the wind effects and animations.
Together with Tlou2 it will be the crowning achievment this generation.

Jafku1

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna say September. It's definitely not June (although I wish it would launch in June) because thats too close to TLoU 2, july is typically a dead month and I don't remember many August playstation releases

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
As many suspected, the recently released keyart is the boxart for the game

49210891223_9ba2f131awcj0m.png

Best cover art of this gen.. can't wait

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else think this game would be a lot more interesting if the main character was super goofy when he takes his mask off? So like he's always serious when he's got it on but when he takes it off he starts dancing and clapping, pulling really exaggerated facial expressions, going "WHOOAAA YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME" to everything that happens, gorging himself on food all the time and just being really silly in general? The dynamic between the serious killer with a mask on and his true personality showing when he's not masked up would be really cool. But like every single other character in the game is serious so they're all just baffled by him and not sure how to respond when he has the mask off but he literally just does not care and keeps acting as silly as he wants to be.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I love how this game looks but I wish we could see more gameplay, because knowing Sucker Punch, the game has potential to be super fun with varied combat.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
So fucking hyped for this. SP have made some of the most fun PS exclusives since the PS2 days imo.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Anyone else think this game would be a lot more interesting if the main character was super goofy when he takes his mask off? So like he's always serious when he's got it on but when he takes it off he starts dancing and clapping, pulling really exaggerated facial expressions, going "WHOOAAA YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME" to everything that happens, gorging himself on food all the time and just being really silly in general? The dynamic between the serious killer with a mask on and his true personality showing when he's not masked up would be really cool. But like every single other character in the game is serious so they're all just baffled by him and not sure how to respond when he has the mask off but he literally just does not care and keeps acting as silly as he wants to be.

Yeah no, not at all. I would play No More Heroes or Devil May Cry if I wanted that.

This is a dramatic story and that's what I'm buying, it remains to be seen if they'll nail it.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wondering how many games sony has for ps5 launch, since they prefer to release this on summer and not on ps5 launch day with a ps5 patch to fill the launch lineup

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I think yes please.

Hopefully Japanese will be a language option. Japanese people in olden Japan speaking perfect English with an American accent is a bit off to me.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Just because it doesn't have cheat mode levels of FoV, doesn't mean you can't already see a lot of the environment around you, and for anything more you can simply look around with the camera controls, eg rely on actual interactivity and gameplay input.

e4SyNN9.gif
Cheat mode?

Anyway, couldn't disagree more. The camera is way to tight and also too close to the ground. Hopefully its just for this trailer - from a graphics and presentation angle it does look amazing. Just thinking it doesn't lend itself well to interacting with the gameworld. RDR2 did great on this front by letting you choose your view.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I think yes please.

Hopefully Japanese will be a language option. Japanese people in olden Japan speaking perfect English with an American accent is a bit off to me.
There's already a Japanese dub for the game, as shown in the Japanese trailer. Its ace, its definitely the way I'll be playing it.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Did anyone gift the part toward the end where he is walking through all the different environments? Specifically with the red flowers.

BTW I laugh at whoever was saying downgrade from a 10 sec teaser a couple days ago.

EDIT: Thank you i-Lo

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
BTW I laugh at whoever was saying downgrade from a 10 sec teaser a couple days ago.

I dunno about downgrade, but I know between reveal and release Horizon Zero Dawn had some changes that IMO made the character models look worse, while the rest of the game looked better. There's a lot of different aspects to how a game looks and something can very well receive an upgrade in one area while being downgraded in other visual aspects.

Now I dunno about Ghosts, I didn't pay enough attention to care, I just think the upgrade/downgrade discussion in games is typically silly because in general most games simply change.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
There is something about this game I just cannot get behind.

It has a weird plastic look I don't like and the color looks to be too much.

I feel the same way about the new Ori and Godfall as well. The color palettes just look too busy to me and I don't like it.

It's definitely gorgeous, and I prefer some shots to others, but I think this game looks weird in daytime shots. I think this looks a lot better at night.

Oh and hearing this game in English is also a turn off. Japanese should be the default IMO.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Did anyone gift the part toward the end where he is walking through all the different environments? Specifically with the red flowers.

My suspicion with the downgrade talk was that it was a largely a matter of the daytime lighting inherently showing everything in a less flattering light than the original reveal's nighttime, and the fact that the tease focused largely on the face of someone who is probably a minor NPC, and so of course doesn't have the same detail as the Ghost himself, which is pretty common in every open-world game. Seeing the full thing, I definitely think that was the case. It looks as good as ever.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After taking a third look at the game I'm actually excited for it, but it still seems like there won't be that many characters on screen at once. Hopefully, it will be more stealth action than hack and slash.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Did they change the combat? A lot of the gameplay shots are over the shoulder Souls-style setups rather than the top-down style shown in the first trailer.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017

Uhmm I think you are on your own on this one 😂
No thank you!

Jimbojim

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I wasn't too thrilled about the game when it was first revealed but that trailer last night looked awesome AF!

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Sucker Punch needs to release the music that plays during the ending montage. I keep replaying that part over and over for the music.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Can you link me to where it is stated we will fight actual hordes? From what I can gather you will be fighting the "Mongol Horde", but that does not mean you will be fighting large groups of enemies at once.
Combat system can scale all the way up from a one-on-one combat with a worthy opponent all the way up to dealing with a horde of Mongols.
www.resetera.com

Ghost of Tsushima - Game details (E3 2018)

Main info: It’s an open-world samurai adventure. The game is grounded and realistic. There's no supernatural elements in this game. The game is a original work of fiction they are not rebuilding history stone by stone. It is much bigger than the games Sucker Punch have done in the past. A lot...

is this open world, semi-open world, or what?

Full Open world

IN WAR-TORN TSUSHIMA, ANCIENT BEAUTY ENDURES
Venture beyond the battlefield to experience feudal Japan like never before. In this open-world action adventure, you'll roam vast countrysides and expansive terrain to encounter rich characters, discover ancient landmarks, and uncover the hidden beauty of Tsushima. Explore meticulously-crafted regions showcasing diversity of life on the sprawling island—from billowing fields and tranquil shrines to ancient forests, villages and stark mountainscapes. Find peace in the quiet moments of natural harmony and solace in the moments you'll share with the people you help along the way.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
i'll get this regardless ( im such a big budget graphics ho) i just hope for some originality in the gameplay loop. another safe, sterile UBI loop ala HZD would be disappointing.