• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Launch month?

• June 2020

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • July 2020

Votes: 260 22.5%
  • August 2020

Votes: 456 39.4%
  • September 2020

Votes: 353 30.5%

• Total voters

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
The last minute of gameplay from the trailer has me hyped. 2020 is going to be an amazing year for games.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I love it because the wind makes objects moving all the time (?) in the game.

anton-gonzalez-14.gif

Looks like a painting come to life.
Fantastic.

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
Visually pretty impresive, but i wanted to see more gameplay since you don't need to sold me on historic japan and so in that sense i was pretty disappointed with the trailer. Sony sure loves to make a lot of "cinematic" trailers with very little gameplay.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer was alright but not exactly hype inducing for me. Preferred the previous look at gameplay. The landscapes continue to be gorgeous though.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The nature of that logo still makes me think that there's some sci-fi element to this game that we haven't seen. Otherwise the logo treatment just clashes really hard with the style of that game for me.
It just two mountains its his family logo

"This symbol is Jin's family mon. You might have noticed a cool Easter egg in our debut trailer we released at Paris Games Week last year. There's a shot that's very similar to this where Jin is riding on a horse and there are two mountains in the distance. Those mountains do represent something and are the inspiration for Jin's mon."
blog.us.playstation.com

Sucker Punch Walks Us Through Ghost of Tsushima’s E3 Trailer

Join us as we pore over Ghost of Tsushima's incredible new trailer, scene by scene.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Strong assassins creed vibe (origins and odyssey style AC) from that trailer. Not a bad thing mind you, i like those games!

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Visually pretty impresive, but i wanted to see more gameplay since you don't need to sold me on historic japan and so in that sense i was pretty disappointed with the trailer. Sony sure loves to make a lot of "cinematic" trailers with very little gameplay.
Alot of that was gameplay so I actually dont know what you are talking about

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Some new stuff from GOT official site

IN WAR-TORN TSUSHIMA, ANCIENT BEAUTY ENDURES
Venture beyond the battlefield to experience feudal Japan like never before. In this open-world action adventure, you'll roam vast countrysides and expansive terrain to encounter rich characters, discover ancient landmarks, and uncover the hidden beauty of Tsushima. Explore meticulously-crafted regions showcasing diversity of life on the sprawling island—from billowing fields and tranquil shrines to ancient forests, villages and stark mountainscapes. Find peace in the quiet moments of natural harmony and solace in the moments you'll share with the people you help along the way.

THE RISE OF THE GHOST
Jin was raised and trained in the ways of the samurai. When the Mongols handily defeat the samurai forces, Jin's world is shattered. He is faced with the most difficult decision of his life: honor the tradition and customs of his samurai upbringing and maintain a fight he cannot win, or deviate from his samurai path to protect the island and its people by any means necessary. In his quest to reclaim Tsushima, Jin must seek the guidance and support of old friends and new unlikely allies. He must break away from tradition, become a new kind of warrior, and protect what's left of his home at all costs.

MUD, BLOOD, AND STEEL
The Mongol enemy is unpredictable and formidable in warfare and weaponry. Get the upper hand by adapting Jin's skills and learning new tactics to defend the island and protect the people of Tsushima. Challenge opponents head-on in close quarters with your katana for a unique immersive samurai combat experience. Master the bow to eliminate distant threats with lethal precision. Develop stealth and deception tactics to disorient and ambush enemies with surprise attacks. An adaptive landscape and organic approach to combat makes Tsushima the perfect playground for mixing and matching skills, weapons, and tactics to find the perfect combat blend for your play style. As Jin's story unfolds, versatility and creativity will become your greatest weapons.
www.playstation.com

Ghost of Tsushima - PS4 and PS5 Games | PlayStation

Explore Action/Adventure game Ghost of Tsushima on PS4 and PS5. View info on all editions to buy, game detail, merchandise, videos & images and more. Shop now.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I just want to see some actual gameplay. Infamous SS looked INCREDIBLE too at the time, but then I played it for a couple hours and, personally I found it really repetitive and uninspired in terms of narrative and mission design/sidequests. The gameplay itself was fine, pretty good even, but the things you're doing "Go here, clear out this alley", I just couldn't get into. I know this game will likely be very open world-y as well, but I'm hoping it's not so cut and paste as Infamous was. Given that they've been working on this for 5 years, I'm sure it won't be.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Alot of that was gameplay so I actually dont know what you are talking about
Reminds me of that E3 2018 Death Stranding trailer which was mostly gameplay, but people dismissed it because it wasn't combat.

Similar to here where people disregard the horse riding and walking. And there was actual combat shown too lol

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
The graphics are kind of bad and the trailer was underwhelming so I think I'll wait for the PS5 port.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to see some actual gameplay. Infamous SS looked INCREDIBLE too at the time, but then I played it for a couple hours and, personally I found it really repetitive and uninspired in terms of narrative and mission design/sidequests. The gameplay itself was fine, pretty good even, but the things you're doing "Go here, clear out this alley", I just couldn't get into. I know this game will likely be very open world-y as well, but I'm hoping it's not so cut and paste as Infamous was. Given that they've been working on this for 5 years, I'm sure it won't be.
This entire section From E3 2018 was a side quest
Masako and her story are one of many side characters and quests that form the fabric of Ghost of Tsushima. These characters will play important parts in Jin's main storyline, but most of them will also have side quests and stories for you to explore. In fact, the demo you just watched is part of Masako's storyline, a side adventure off the game's main path.
blog.us.playstation.com

Mud, Blood, and Steel: Ghost of Tsushima Gameplay Debut

Sucker Punch gives us an early first look at katana gameplay for their upcoming open-world action adventure set in 13th-century Japan.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Looks really atmospheric and gorgeous, next level way of the samurai. Is probably above TLoU2 on my most wanted games right now, basically because not many 'grounded' Japanese samurai games are available, a bit different from the most usual settings for modern games.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This entire section From E3 2018 was a side quest

I completely forgot about this. If they are able to maintain that kind of quality for all the sidequests, and not have all of them just be the same mission structure over and over, yeah, this game will probably be something special.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
game sure is pretty but the camera is still weird. still want to see some straight up combat game play with a hud and everything.

Aug 2, 2018
I got a GOW (2018) vibe from the combat which isn't a bad thing at all, but i hope the sword fighting feels authentic

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sony usually does a huge gameplay blowup for their AAA titles in a media event for journalists, then we get a lot of gameplay

The Last of Us 2, God of War, Horizon... all that

Honestly, they really should've done that already for this game. It's kind of silly that the game was announced in, what, 2017? And yet we're still getting four-minute trailers with minimal amounts of gameplay in them.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The graphics are kind of bad and the trailer was underwhelming so I think I'll wait for the PS5 port.

I refuse to believe people claiming these are bad graphics are anything but trolls. Fair enough if you don't like the art direction but on a technical level, the graphics are nothing close to being 'bad'.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony usually does a huge gameplay blowup for their AAA titles in a media event for journalists, then we get a lot of gameplay

The Last of Us 2, God of War, Horizon... all that
Actually horizon and days gone got hud and more gameplay immediately following announcement. Days gone got the extra e3 demo played a different way and horizon got more gameplay with a hud at gamescom the same year

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we can shave because he does not look cool with that beard xD .

Not sure if the cover has it or not he looks great on the cover.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The horse riding looks alot like The Last Guardian. Overall cool trailer. Could tone down the wind effects tho.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Looks awesome but I'm in no rush to play 30 fps games these days. Think I'll wait to experience this and TLoU2 on PS5 with what I presume will be enhanced BC. Would love to revisit Bloodborne and GoW with performance enhancements as well... make it happen Sony!

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, they really should've done that already for this game. It's kind of silly that the game was announced in, what, 2017? And yet we're still getting four-minute trailers with minimal amounts of gameplay in them.

It is too soon considering the game is probably a September launch.

I am thinking July, after E3 and PS5 blowout. They can have a media event with 2h of gameplay and media impressions. They have to be careful about it since they have a lot of things to market next year.

Actually horizon and days gone got hud and more gameplay immediately following announcement. Days gone got the extra e3 demo played a different way and horizon got more gameplay with a hud at gamescom the same year

I mean, yeah, but Ghost of Tsushima got that too

Those are E3 builds and every Sony game have those demos

I am talking about actual 1h+ gameplay with hands on journalists, where we get real deep dives on mechanics, etc

Oct 25, 2017
It is too soon considering the game is probably a September launch.

I am thinking July, after E3 and PS5 blowout. They can have a media event with 2h of gameplay and media impressions. They have to be careful about it since they have a lot of things to market next year.

I mean, yeah, but Ghost of Tsushima got that too

Those are E3 builds and every Sony game have those demos

I am talking about actual 1h+ gameplay with hands on journalists, where we get real deep dives on mechanics, etc
Yea but I'm talking about why ppl are asking for more gameplay all that I listed was in the first year of announcement for those titles

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Am I crazy for saying I really wish there is no HUD at all?
The game has a HUD but they said they will try their best to keep it minimal

"We will have a HUD but decided not to have it in the demo in order to offer a more cinematic experience. But one thing we did learn internally was that people reacted very positively to not having it there so we are going to look for ways to make it minimal.
blog.us.playstation.com

Sucker Punch Walks Us Through Ghost of Tsushima’s E3 Trailer

Join us as we pore over Ghost of Tsushima's incredible new trailer, scene by scene.

Last edited:

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
I hope it's super dynamic. I loved GoW 2018 but that HUD and that compass never went away.

What about the black bars though? I kind of like em.