• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let's also not forget Logan Roy is a man coming to the end of his life (the opening salvo of the series was him having a near-fatal stroke) which means he is looking towards a future where his legacy (which is his company) is maintained and gilded rather than absorbed and dissolved by outsiders. Roy is the most Machiavellian of men and given his fierce and unremittent goal to preserve everything he has built in perpetuity, the notion of him placing his own neck on the chopping block for the sake of the greater good is not only possible but probable.

Also, I think in some perverse way Kendall's willingness to cover up the death of that waiter – his Chappaquiddick moment – actually demonstrated his 'killer' potential to Roy while also giving him the opportunity to infuse his son with a much-needed dose of humility. (I can fix your mistake because this is still my world you're living in.) Whatever their strengths, both Shiv and Roman are spoiled rich kids to their respective cores, with neither having faced any adversity outside of navigating the choppy waters of the family dynamics and both are sycophantic in regards to Logan.

Kendall has not only defied his father and attempted to unseat him but he has also now gone the proverbial distance and is complicit in the obfuscation of events regarding a person he inadvertently killed.

GuyIncognito

Nov 2, 2017
New York
100% kendall has been good to greg, i either figure greg clued him into the existence of the documents long ago off camera, or once the announcement was made and greg and he traveled back to NYC, he told Kendall about the ammo.

Greg told him way back in season 1 when Kendall launched his bid for the company, just before Kendall took the car ride.

Though the context then was more of, make sure you take don't screw me if you end up successful because I have leverage against the company.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Greg told him way back in season 1 when Kendall launched his bid for the company, just before Kendall took the car ride.

Though the context then was more of, make sure you take don't screw me if you end up successful because I have leverage against the company.

I like how both times Greg did that i.e. kinda blackmailing his superiors with Kendall then Tom, both times he gets a 'that's my boy' thumbs up rather than be seen as a threat. (Kendall's word we're "you machiavellian fuck" but that was still a thumbs up).

tiddles

Oct 29, 2017
It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that Logan was planning for Kendall to betray him all along... he smiles at the end because Kendall is acting as the "killer", but also I think because he relishes the coming fight between them - fighting makes him feel alive, and this is an enemy he knows and thinks he can deal with - better to fight his own family as he's always done, than to bleed out slowly from the threat of takeovers and the loss of confidence of shareholders...

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that Logan was planning for Kendall to betray him all along... he smiles at the end because Kendall is acting as the "killer", but also I think because he relishes the coming fight between them - fighting makes him feel alive, and this is an enemy he knows and thinks he can deal with - better to fight his own family as he's always done, than to bleed out slowly from the threat of takeovers and the loss of confidence of shareholders...
How utterly fanciful

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
do you guys rate this show higher than Billions?
I find Billions more entertaining moment to moment, the dialogue is consistently biting. They're very different honestly. Succession is pretty good but I'm just not personally ever been all that much into the kind of awkward humor it goes for.

I also want to say Billions to put some attention on it because almost nobody gives two fucks about that show. :P

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Sunday evenings feel so empty now; this was the only show I watch the night it airs, religiously.

Keeping HBO for a while longer, though. His Dark Materials looks interesting and I've been hearing people rave about the books since the old site. Oh, and I guess there's Watchmen. Not a fan of the source material or film, and to be honest I'm sorta 'super hero'd' out, but Lindelof and Regina King make it required viewing.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
There was a moment that stood out to me on my first watch that seemed like an error but minutes later I realized it was most likely intentional.

eEnjlKkl.png

7wqDhLNl.png

It's Greg, for the first time ever he was walking with the convidence of a real mothafucking Roy. It stood out to me because up until then Greg had always been hunched over and just generally exuded peevishness. I thought maybe they fucked up and the actor that plays Creg just walked the way he normally walks.

Now I realize my boy Greg had just made a deal with Ken to destroy Logan.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I wonder where this puts shiv next season, does she still side with logan? or cuts her losses and joins ken maybe?

I got the vibe she was low-key cool with ken being the sacrifice but idk.

I'm sure she's still hungry for the top position herself although I know Logan would never give it her for finally standing up for tom.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the entire thing over a week and really, really dug it.

Like, holy shit, when your supporting cast has a character like Geri elevated sky high out of nowhere by an actor like Cameron, you've struck gold.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
There was a moment that stood out to me on my first watch that seemed like an error but minutes later I realized it was most likely intentional.

eEnjlKkl.png

7wqDhLNl.png

It's Greg, for the first time ever he was walking with the convidence of a real mothafucking Roy. It stood out to me because up until then Greg had always been hunched over and just generally exuded peevishness. I thought maybe they fucked up and the actor that plays Creg just walked the way he normally walks.

Nice catch.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

eEnjlKkl.png

7wqDhLNl.png

This Jared Kushner-lookin' motherfucker.

Sadsic

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
just caught up on this show - not the best season of this year but probably the most entertaining one

those 20 hours went by so fucking fast lol

Deleted member 55795

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Wow just finished this season.

Well his Logan did tell him he needs to be a killer - who knew he took it literally and ended his old mans career

LordHellebore

Mar 8, 2019
I love that this show is created/written by one of the writers of Peep Show. My favourite comedy and the same kind of humour, in more subtle ways, is there in Succession.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished the second season. I think I'm in the camp that liked season 1 better but maybe it's my dormant daddy issues. The last few minutes felt SO CATHARTIC after seeing Kendalls arc this season though. Jesus.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished binging this entire show, it was so fucking good, and goddamn at that finale

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
I binged both seasons over the last week and holy crap at that season 2 ending. The acting and writing in this show is damn good, I can't wait for the next season.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to this season. Very, very good. Now the long wait for the next season. Quite the turnaround for me, personally. I felt like season one shit the bed with that finale.