• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
That's just a small version of antipasto

I eat one of these about 3-4 times a week.

antipasto-salad-001.jpg

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
And these are professional photos. I can't wait to see what it looks like in real life. 😂

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I like subway, it's cheap, tasty and I need to consume lots of sodium and salt daily due to my chronic hyponatremia/hypotension.

These bowls however don't look very appealing...

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Fast food places always do this. Taking what they already have and repurposing it into a new item This is one of the more lazy attempts I've seen.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
I'll try any food twice, because the first time it may not have been done right

But I'll make an exception to this one. Fuck that, no way. I'd rather eat a hair.

Nov 1, 2017
DFW, Texas
They renamed double meat. Nothing to see here. Also true sandwich artists were using the egg and meat for protein bowls for years before the promo. Just saying.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Why dont they do lettuce wraps like Jimmy Johns?

9ccaed786d72ef64821809cb3d7e82d8.gif

Also yall motherfuckers are acting fucking childish for a few pieces of meat thrown on a salad.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I heard somewhere that certain meats have a high chance of giving you cancer but heavily processed meats like Salami WILL eventually give you cancer... if that's true then that bowl is uh... lol.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Not sure why people are so disgusted. It simply is just a badly plated food.

Doesn't really look any different than meat on a tray.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
The only redeeming quality in Subway is that the bread covers up the meat so you never actually look at what you're eating from there.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
From the name, I actually expected some kind of vegetarian high-protein thing, because it called it a "protein bowl." Usually meaty things get names like "MEAT MOUNTAIN" or something at fast food places.

But it's Subway, so I should have known.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
From the name, I actually expected some kind of vegetarian high-protein thing, because it called it a "protein bowl." Usually meaty things get names like "MEAT MOUNTAIN" or something at fast food places.

But it's Subway, so I should have known.
I mean their "grilled chicken" has more soy in it than most, so you're almost halfway there!

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Subway's not amazing but conceptually, these are just salads with extra meat. Though a few seem like tooo much like the chicken bacon ranch (although, wouldn't be too bad if you wanted a full meal maybe), tuna (which seems kind of gross too), and the Italian sub bowls. But the ham or turkey or cold cut mix ones would be totally fine.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
So it's just a random assortment of cold cuts? That's it. Sweet fuck are they lazy.

Their next menu item, The Eggonator. Just three eggs still in the shell, in a bowl.

Epitomage

Banned
Sep 25, 2020
I want the subway worker's feet in the bowl instead. It can be regular levels of protein, I don't care.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Nutritionist-Era, is there any legit protein nutrional value in that bowl or is it just marketing bullshit?

The reason I ask is because I am under the impression that if someone is looking for a good protein intake (as part of their healthy or bulk-up regime) then you can probably get more elsewhere than a boil of cheap thin meat cuts surrounded by salad.

This screams like bullshit marketing to me because that bowl looks unsatisfying.

Epitomage

Banned
Sep 25, 2020
Nutritionist-Era, is there any legit protein nutrional value in that bowl or is it just marketing bullshit?

The reason I ask is because I am under the impression that if someone is looking for a good protein intake (as part of their healthy or bulk-up regime) then you can probably get more elsewhere than a boil of cheap thin meat cuts surrounded by salad.

This screams like bullshit marketing to me because that bowl looks unsatisfying.

nitrate filled cured meats are not where you ideally want to be sourcing your protein.

Epitomage

Banned
Sep 25, 2020
Yeah it's a huge trade off. Plenty of protein sure, but at what cost.

I like how Subway of all isn't even advertising turkey first here. Like, hugely overlooked marketing angle. People see turkey and think healthier, people see a murdered italian sub and think excuse. 🤷‍♀️

I've had one of these minus ham and olives (not sure if that's standard or some bs desert thing). Wasn't bad. Way too much salami:everything else. If this looks good, anyone, buy a salami/pepperoni and a bag of lettuce and save yourself $

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Opened the topic to see the pic, expecting what I expected.

It's both exactly that and way worse.

I'd love a sub right now