• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Publix has a similar "make any sub a salad" kinda thing but looks a lot more appetizing.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like a shitty version of a pizza places antipasto.

Eg Buddys
Buddys_Pizza_Antipasto_Salad.jpg

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Subway is just the absolute worst. A couple times a year, I can enjoy a cheat meal at McDonald's or Wendy's or Taco Bell because it's tasty junk food, but Subway is depressing junk food that's like nauseatingly worse versions of a white bread sandwich most people can make at home.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It's not cheaper than most other sandwich places. It's absolutely loaded with sodium. I guess I'm not typically looking to "fill up" though.
Most other sandwich places aren't really around subways. You can use coupons as well there. Lots of americans are on fill up mode. They've got fresh enough veggies, and decent bread. bar is very low.

Is the pizza on some type of "secret" menu? Because I've never seen that godawful looking trash before at a Subway here.

Im not sure, but their flatbread concoction is horrible. I can only imagine thats what the bread would be. It disintegrates with any moisture, or heat from your hands.

I just do normal bread cored out so I can fit more stuff inside.

Oct 25, 2017
When I worked at Subway, in like 2002, we got one free sandwich or salad per shift. The way that they counted sandwiches was by the loaves of bread used. The way they counted salads was by the salad bowls used. They didn't count basically anything else in the store except chips and drink cups.

So an employee salad when there was no manager around would be a salad bowl basically packed with everything except bread. Guys would make a 'salad' that was like 2 pounds of deli meat and cheese, some meatballs and a bunch of cookies thrown on top.

That's how we made up for being paid $5.15 an hour.

Yokijirou

Oct 27, 2017
This is like when you get a salad from them. They'll take the meat and veg put it in a plastic bowl and use, from what I remember, dough cutters to Wolverine the innards of a sub to fit within a bowl.

Oct 28, 2017
In a world with Jersey Mike's, Dibella's, Firehouse Subs, and literally every local sub shop...why would anyone other than someone stranded at a gas station in the middle of nowhere resort to eating this trash?

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I...really like subway veggies. They aren't fresh, I know, but the jalapenos and banana peppers always have a nice crispness to them.

Oct 28, 2017
I'll never understand how Subway became a thing. They can't even give you a full slice of cheese and their meatballs are smaller than ping pong balls. Never mind the quality of ingredients or the pedophile ex pitchman. How did Subway happen when local delis and pork stores exist?

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never understand how Subway became a thing. They can't even give you a full slice of cheese and their meatballs are smaller than ping pong balls. Never mind the quality of ingredients or the pedophile ex pitchman. How did Subway happen when local delis and pork stores exist?
I mean, not in a lot of small towns they don't. Even if LA, it's usually more convenient to go to a subway since there are so many of them now.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine shoveling this slimy mess into your mouth. I gagged a little just looking at the pic.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
eh this looks pretty good for people who want proteins after the gym for example

painey

Oct 27, 2017
If I remember correctly Subway sell a 3 meat sandwich and if you look at the small print all 3 of the meats are just turkey