• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Aperson who spent hours at a bar during the Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota last week has tested positive for Covid-19, state health officials said Tuesday.

The potential exposure came during the city's 80th annual Sturgis motorcycle rally August 7-16.

The bar-goer visited One-Eyed Jack's Saloon in Sturgis on August 11 from noon to 5:30 p.m. while able to transmit the virus to others, health officials said. Anyone who visited the saloon during that period should monitor for symptoms for 14 days after the visit.

Many of those gathered did not wear masks or keep distance from others, most notably at a concert for the rock band Smash Mouth.

The potential exposure at the Sturgis bar is one of several Covid-19 cases connected to bars and concerts over the past few weeks in South Dakota. Officials have also announced possible exposures at a Big and Rich concert at the Sioux Empire Fair in Sioux Falls, a gentleman's club in Sioux Falls, a bar in Hill City and a nightclub in Brookings.

South Dakota Department of Transportation officials tracked over 462,000 vehicles entering Sturgis during the rally

A little more than 60% of people in the city voted against holding the event. But city officials said they felt they wouldn't have been able to stop the crowds from coming in and instead opted to prepare for the event as best they could.

www.cnn.com

A person with Covid-19 may have exposed others at a bar during Sturgis motorcycle rally

A person who spent hours at a bar during the Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota last week has tested positive for Covid-19, state health officials said Tuesday.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"'A' person" is probably underselling the potential severity of the situation

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Not surprised. I live in Rapid City and the vast majority of people here aren't taking this thing seriously at all.

Between Trump's jerk off rally last month and the Rally last week, we're a ticking time bomb.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
It's only a matter of time before these ignorant MAGA shitheads gets someone I care about killed. It almost happened with my aunt, but thankfully she's out of the hospital now and recovering.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
I guess people attending the event will soon learn how exponential increase and case doubling time works

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
The only appropriate follow up will be if and when people at the Jericho/Smash Mouth concert are positive too.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Well guaranteed it was more than one person there infected spreading it. But yea they found one of them. Good for them.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
We're fucked. How effective does a vaccine have to be for herd immunity to occur in US? I feel like I will never go out and meet with my friends in person anymore.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
lol..."MAY" have.

And it was a hell of a lot more than 1.

I feel bad for the non-idiotic family and friends of these people.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Raise your hand if this surprises you.

No one? That's what I thought.

(And it was definitely more than 1 person)

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Guys, play music. It apparently makes you forget about a pandemic. Even if you have COPD.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018

Fifteen Minnesotans who attended the massive motorcycle rally in Sturgis, South Dakota have tested positive for COVID-19 and one of them is hospitalized.

Minnesota health officials said they expect more residents who attended the event Aug. 7 through Aug. 16 to test positive for the virus. Hundreds of thousands of people went to the rally, likely the largest mass gathering since the coronavirus pandemic began in March.