• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
during my sophomore year of high school one of the guys asked the english teacher who used to be a paramedic how many ribs you had to get removed to be able to suck your own dick.
the teacher answered 2.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Wait you can sleep with someone of the same sex and you're not gay forever?"
- every kid in sex ed

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
*bell is about to ring* Are you collecting the homework?

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
Not in school, but my friend once asked me "what do you call it if someone has three twins?".

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I was in a Poli-Sci 101 class in the early to mid 2000s and a girl had no idea what the Patriot Act was. I don't know why it shocked me so much, but I just couldn't wrap my head around being in college and being that disconnected from the news.

Oct 25, 2017
(Pertaining to a word problem that involved the days of the week)
This kid raised her hand and sheepishly asked, "For question 3...how many days are there in a week?"
This was high school.
You might expect the class to have had some sort of audible reaction to that, but instead we were all dead silent. It was just tragic.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Not a teacher, but I once had problems with fluctuating weight, and I felt pressure to ask an intelligent question about weighing myself. I asked "How much could I expect the weight result to be skewed depending on if I've been to the bathroom or not?". It's bad enough until you realise I basically asked "How much does a poop weigh?"

Deleted member 26398

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
With old computers being so large, how many people were needed to jump on the keyboard buttons to enter something into the computer?

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Not the teacher but this one time in 6th grade a friend of mine called me for help with science homework. It was about the early universe and the question was like how do we know things about the early universe and I said "Because there was a guy, Dr [some made up name] alive back then and he kept records." And she fucking put it down and turned it in.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not really a question, but I had a friend who earned himself a nickname first day of high school.

Basically, teacher is going around the class asking "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Normal answers "Doctor, Astronaut, Dancer...blah blah..."

Gets to my boy Greg, who is not paying attention at all. "Greg". "Huh?" "What do you want to be?" "A moose". He definitely did not hear the "when you grow up" part.

And that's how you earn the nickname "Moose" for the rest of high school.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
In my first year of college I overhear two girls talking behind me.

Girl 1: Well no they speak Spanish in Spain.

Girl 2: Really?? I thought everyone over there spoke European!

Yes she was being serious. And this is a college freshman

Oct 25, 2017
Not the teacher but this one time in 6th grade a friend of mine called me for help with science homework. It was about the early universe and the question was like how do we know things about the early universe and I said "Because there was a guy, Dr [some made up name] alive back then and he kept records." And she fucking put it down and turned it in.
That reminds me. Your story is better, but I've got a similar one.
We had a long training meeting at work and a multiple choice comprehension test followed. However it was very informal and the employees were encouraged to work together on it.

The last question on the test was simply, "Did you learn today? Yes, No."
Obviously the answer is supposed to be yes, that you comprehended your training.
My buddy was pretty much completely unengaged and just fishing for answers. Not even bothering to read the questions. Turned and asked me what the answer to the last question was.
"B, no. It's no."
They promptly circled "No" and then to my surprise turned around to a group of ~7 other slackers and told them all the answer was no, and they all excitedly finished their tests as well. They then happily signed and handed all their tests to HR.

I started cracking up real hard and told my buddy what happened after they inquired about what was so funny. You just signed a paper to tell HR that you didn't learn shit, dumbass.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
No such thing. Not everyone operates from the same level.

Sounds like that person was trollin', OP.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
"Why don't their nannies take care of them?" asked when talking about children who are home alone when their parents are working. This was in Junior year of high school.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember anything specific but kids are fucking dumb

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
A 15 year old was writing a CV: "Sir, how do you spell GCSE?". And the teacher didn't laugh and actually spelled it out to him letter by letter.

Dec 6, 2018
I am in an Italian poetry class right now and the amount of times one of my peers has asked the professor what simple words mean from poems that were assigned three days ago to read and understand in advance makes me so sad for the professor

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Two that stood out for me:

At Washington Monument on school trip to DC, a classmate asked the tour guide: "how do they get the flags to all point the same direction?"

Another kid in 10th grade history class: "so why did the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor?" which prompted the teacher to get out a globe and make the kid trace a line all the way from Japan to Hawaii, and then from Germany to Hawaii to really drive the point home.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
A girl opined in English when the teacher said we were going to read Macbeth 'och that is as bad as Shakespeare' lol I thought it was funny anyway.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Its more of an answer but it had me dying!!

Teacher is cutting 3 inch steel with a torch like machine

teacher "So how hot do you guys think this fire is to burn this?"

kid in back who popped his back pimples during class "350 degrees"

Other student " I bake my pizza at 450"