• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 47092

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
I just bough the definitive MGS V: Phantom Pain collection as I wanted to jump back into my MGSV save of over 250 hours.

They're not compatible.

If I did just the most simplest of searches I would have found out.

JackSlate

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly Control is the worst game I've played this generation. I really wish I would have done more research and not assumed that just because I love Alan Wake that I would love a glorified tech demo.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't remember the name anymore but i bought an expansion to some command and conquer game without owning the base game. 🙄

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
When I bought an Xbox One back during release. Rarely touched the thing and continued to stick with my PC and 360/PS3.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Kirby Star Stacker isn't Dream Land 3

Surprise for me though because it's one of the best puzzle games I ever own and I have rebought it on 3DS and put just as much time into it.

Something that's more fitting for this thread... Probably renting Fight Club the video game.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I bought SH Homecoming last week, only to find out in game that there is no option to invert the camera. I requested a refund immediately.

How hard could this have been? What a shame.

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered Back to Bed yesterday and I regret it. Thought it was like Monument Valley.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I bought SH Homecoming last week, only to find out in game that there is no option to invert the camera. I requested a refund immediately.

How hard could this have been? What a shame.

That's like the final fantasy xii vanilla. My brain didn't work probably anymore after I finished it😂😂

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I bought Taz-mania on the Mega Drive because the box art looked cool. Took it home and hated everything about it.

To be fair, it was 1993 and not much research could be done as an 8 year old.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I bought Ori without knowing it was a Metroidvania, I thought it was a platformer like Rayman Legends.

I don't like metroidvanias :<

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
I bought Spider-Man 3 thinking it was going to be as good as Spider-Man 2. Also, buying Half Life 2 and SWOTOR on PC as a kid not knowing that my PC couldn't run them.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
My brother took me to Gamestop when I was maybe 13 or 14. He wanted me to pick out a game for my birthday. He seemed to like playing games, but only with me. He was a decade older and kind of quit it personally with the SNES/Genesis/Turbografx we owned.

I gravitated towards a Lord of the Rings RPG on Gamecube for some reason, probably because I loved the books and the movies were recent enough.

My brother kept pushing me towards other stuff, including the Resident Evil collection. He seemed insistent on it for some reason; I was being obstinate for no discernable reason, and walked out with LOTR Generic RPG #234.

I grew bored of the game pretty quickly, and even though I pushed myself to try and play it, I caved and shelved it.

My brother committed suicide a few years after this, and though it sounds pretty stupid, I've thought about this stupid LoTR game every now and then and how I chose incorrectly.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Kings knigght on nes. Right after FInal Fantasy there is this game with this title and this cover.

220px-King%27s_Knight_Screenshot1.jpg

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
I don't remember the name anymore but i bought an expansion to some command and conquer game without owning the base game. 🙄

While being answered, you reminded me of this strange command and conquer title where you play as a single unit in online battles that i needed to import to play first day and then dropped it after half an hour.

Edit: Found it. Command and Conquer:Sole Survivor. What a dumpster fire.

Last edited:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Immortal Unchained.
Had no idea it was a Souls style game. Instantly went to trade in that shite.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Two Worlds.

I had played Oblivion, and the trailers made it seem WAY better than it was. I tried to hold out for reviews which didn't show up for a week or so after it came out. By that time I had purchased it, played it, hated it, returned it and got Blue Dragon instead. I'm pretty sure reviews started to come out the day after I returned it.

Speaking of Oblivion.....I purchased the special edition on PC that came with a lore book and a Septim and unsealed it while on the way home....then I noticed that it was a DVD-ROM and I only had a CD drive on my PC. Couldn't return it since it was unsealed and I had to then go buy and install a DVD drive, all because I didn't read the box. PC could barely run it in a 800x600 window at lowest settings too....what a mess. Eventually bought a 360 and Oblivion on there

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered Skyward Sword from Amazon, then when I got it I discovered it needed Wii MotionPlus, which I didn't have. Doh!

Similarly, going a lot further back, I ordered X-Wing vs Tie Fighter from an online retailer only to discover it required a joystick to play, which I didn't have.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
My answer is Crisis. I liked tue game alot,but...

I had upgraded my whole system. I had a gtx 8800,a core 2 quad q6600, 4 gigs of ram and then the same week as i upgraded i bought crisis and felt devastated that it ran like shit on my brand new 1600€ hardware. Even on medium details there were some serious fps drops and nowhere near a steady framerate.

Edit: some years later i bought a gaming Laptop with an i7 720qm,a radeon 5870 and installed crisis again only to be met with still not being nearly able to max it out. This game made me question my hardware buying decissions over and over again.

Last edited:

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just recently bought the Gold Edition of Division 2 thinking all of the "Episodes" dlc was paid content.

Nope, you get access to them 7 days early and that's it. And the rest of the stuff that comes with the year 1 pass has little interest to me.

Dead King

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 1, 2019
The last Rollercoaster game for steam at full price.

It was like five dollars a few months later

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Where and when?

I had the disc copy of MGSV and downloaded DE

I'm seeing conflicting things.
assuming you have the PS4 versions
PlayStation 4

For players who wish to import save data from The Phantom Pain, the process is very easy. All they need to do is check for the dialogue box when they start Metal Gear Solid 5 The Definitive Experience for the first time. The dialogue box will ask players whether they want to save data or want to create new file and save.

After selecting the Save Data option, players will be able to import their save file from The Phantom Pain, as the system will create a new file. Those who don't wish to import any data can simply choose the new file and save option when the dialogue box appears.

source

Oct 26, 2017
Don't knock twice on Switch. I haven't bought a worse performing, laughably bad game since the NES days. It is by far the worst performing game I ever played on any console. It makes Perfect Dark or Star Fox on SNES look like silky smooth 60fps games.
It's frame rate is measured In seconds per frame and I am not even exaggerating here.

On top of being an uninspired broken mess with buggy event triggers and "scares" so trite and predictable that you can only laugh at how uninspired they are. That is, if they even work.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
When I was a kid I asked for c&c for the pc, not knowing what we had didn't even come close to the minimum req specs. It was a slideshow

SpacyJa

Banned
May 18, 2019
Horizon Zero Down.

Bought right after AC Origins, where I got bored of non-stop stealth.

Oct 25, 2017
Rascal (PS1)
ps1_rascal-120314.jpg

I was hyped enough seeing the commercials, but just didn't enjoy the actual gameplay when bought.

Got rid of it the next few days.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I bought world of Warcraft without knowing it was a subscription based game.
Hey this was me but with Final Fantasy XI. I figured since I loved Final Fantasy X then getting the next Final Fantasy would be a no-brainer for me. I was a teen without a credit card at the time so that was a swing and a miss.