• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I have a ton more respect for certain scenes after watching this.

I would've been terrified doing some of these very simple on paper stunts.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Always mad respect for stunt people, the things they are are nothing but impressive.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought BP landing in Civil War was CG. Was pleasantly surprised that it was all real. And basically using that readmill/automated walkway kind of thing is ingenious.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
Holy fuck, them running with the cars was real? Mind blown. Is crazy how many of the scenes were practical effects.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The Civil War stuff is beyond awesome. Wow, I never would've guessed the chase scene had so many practical effects.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The magic carpet is amazing. That bike hijack as well, even with ropes impressive to pull it off. Clever people and brave as hell.

Last edited:

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I thought BP landing in Civil War was CG. Was pleasantly surprised that it was all real. And basically using that readmill/automated walkway kind of thing is ingenious.

It looks CG because they had to go over his suit to smooth the padding and make it tighter than it really was. If you notice the helmet and shit are little bit bigger on his body than it is in the actual movie

Most CG is stuff in movies getting rid or changing tiny details

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
He's a very cool guy. I didn't think they had the stuntmen do so much in the movies.

Mar 3, 2018
wow

i always assumed that tunnel chase in Civil War was a mix of green screen and them speeding up footage of them running in a studio or something. Thats pretty amazing...didnt know that carpet trick was a thing.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's a shame that BP has such crappy cg that really takes away from the stunts. also doesnt help when they film a really cool stunt and cut between 4 or 5 different angles that really takes away from how impressive of a move it was (like with sebastian stan grabbing the motorcycle).

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I'd never have guessed just how much of that scene were real stunts and not just CG, that's genuinely incredible. Always loved that sequence too, I guess all the practical effects and stunts is why it turned out so good. Mad props to those guys. Un-sung heroes of the industry are stunt teams, honestly.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking unbelievable. Black Panther was the star of Civil War and those stunts/fight scenes looking as good as they did was a major part of it. Legit amazed how much of it was practical... I just assumed it was really good CG.

I guess the final fight in Black Panther is what you get when you try to do it all with CG...

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more an action movie relies on practical effects the more I'm likely going to love it.

Its why Fury Road is one of my favorite moves ever.

OP
OP
mutantmagnet

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
This is fucking unbelievable. Black Panther was the star of Civil War and those stunts/fight scenes looking as good as they did was a major part of it. Legit amazed how much of it was practical... I just assumed it was really good CG.

I guess the final fight in Black Panther is what you get when you try to do it all with CG...
When you say the last fight you are strictly talking about the battle in the field and not the one on one between the 2 leads?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
When you say the last fight you are strictly talking about the battle in the field and not the one on one between the 2 leads?

6284756-2820131708-giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly as dangerous as it is sometimes it seems like it is cooler to be the stuntman than to actually play the character and be the face.
For action heroes at least.

They deserve way more recognition.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that BP has such crappy cg that really takes away from the stunts. also doesnt help when they film a really cool stunt and cut between 4 or 5 different angles that really takes away from how impressive of a move it was (like with sebastian stan grabbing the motorcycle).

Ever since this style of shooting action was pointed out to me years ago, it bothers me every time I see it. Ignorance is bliss.

Also liamneesonfenceclimb.gif

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Ever since this style of shooting action was pointed out to me years ago, it bothers me every time I see it. Ignorance is bliss.

Also liamneesonfenceclimb.gif
It really drives me insane as a videographer myself. The only reason I can see to have multiple angles like that would really be to cut together takes if you dont have one that is good the whole way through. If you have a great stunt that you can show in one take, let people see it! It's like when fights aren't actually choreographed and are just a bunch of quick camera cuts to give you the impression that you're 'there' in the muck. Except you have a great stunt and you're just obscuring it something actually cool.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Mad respect for this guy. He really deserves more recognition and (let's be honest here, likely) better pay. I'm so impressed with all the practical shit he pulled off. I would be fucking shitting my pants lol.

I'm amazed that bike scene and tunnel chase was mostly practical. I wish they had gone easy with the cgi in Black Panther.

Dec 13, 2018
The magic carpet scenes pay off , those shots are amazing, I assumed it was mostly really well done cgi magic