• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I don't leave my house much. Work from home, have groceries delivered. I go to the corner store once or twice a week (always yell at myself for that second trip) and that's about it other than walking my neighborhood.

....Whenever I'm in Dollar General and see someone without a mask they're always either white or, strangely, Latino? I don't get it. I'm down South so the white ones are always in Trump hats or something, but I've got no explanation for Latino people not wearing one.

What makes anti-mask people extra trash is there's a several signs at the door saying "Masks required" and they just ignore it. :/

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
in my part of los angeles its always men, regardless of race. machismo effect is alive and well, I've caught a few jokes about only gay guys wear masks often (im gay, so i guess the joke works, har har).

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
In Houston I see a ton of maskless people across the entire spectrum, to a very disappointing degree, but white people are the worst.

They also take their masks off for every little thing, or lower it from their nose to have a convo with someone........ completely defeating the purpose. My dad does it and it drives me crazy but at least he's wearing it after I stayed home for the holidays.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
At work I have to ensure that everyone is wearing a mask when they enter the store. The 1% that refuse are always white women in their 40s who smugly claim to have a medical exemption from wearing a mask. I'm sure they're all lying, but I can't do anything about it.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
If covid only affected poc some how. There would be camps by now. Or at least direct to prison for infractions. Police would check on you at home as well randomly via your in home cameras to make sure.

Thank God it's hitting everyone. I remember peeps earlier on about it affecting black people more. Which I'm sure got many erect...

But then it turned out it was because they're getting coughed on working the 9th shift at Arby's.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
I'm white and I'd say that the "when it comes to wearing masks" part is not necessary :/

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking for my West coast Canadian neighbourhood that is a mix of races, Asian people are most likely to be wearing a mask while African people are the least likely to be wearing them. White people are in the middle. Most people have been horrible with distancing whether they wear a mask or not.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Literally just go to any beach city and you will feel like the pandemic isn't real

Dec 12, 2017
Those numbers are pretty disappointing in general. But yeah, public mask freak outs are exclusively a white past time so being the worst at wearing masks isn't surprising

DemyxC

Dec 3, 2020
I mean White people are the most likely to be infected with conservative brain maggots so this tracks. I would have expected Asian people to be the ones most likely to wear a mask by far.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
In my area, and I see a wide range of people every day working in a store, it's Asians that are the number one culprit, followed by white people, and then black.

I lose count of how many come in wearing a mask over their mouth only.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
In my city, which has a large migrant community from Oaxaca, the main culprits are white people and these fucking Oaxaquitas not wearing a fucking mask.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Every fucking time. Exception: Douche wife/Karen's driving their $100k plus Dealer-plated Porches/Audi/Lambo SUVs! skin color fades away... Rich fuckery privilege takes over.

At least I can report their cars being driven by a non dealer c; don't fuck with a guy with nothing but time during breaks.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah. And some get away with it. Keep telling me privilege ain't a thing. Lmao.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised.

Anecdotally around Los Angeles, it's shitty across all racial lines. Way too many people just don't give a fuck.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
As a white person, yes.

(I own like 10 masks and wear them anytime I'm outside my apartment!)

Arken

Jan 14, 2018
Seattle
As a white dude, we're the worst at a lot of things. I ain't afraid to say it. We've fucked a lot of shit up and while I know a simple apology from me ain't enough, I'll say it: my apologies for all the shit we've caused.

Jun 10, 2020
Texas
I live in Austin and I rarely see anyone without a mask, but white people are definitely usually the ones that have it pulled under their nose

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Literally everyone I have to stop and tell to put on a mask at my hotel is a fellow whitey. Everyone else will ask me if I have a mask to buy at the front desk if they forgot theirs come breakfast time (I just give em out for free). The other day my breakfast ladies told this kid rock family tree candidate and his keystone light Karen thatthey couldn't stand in line maskless and caused a big scene. "I was going to tip them but fuck those bitches!"

Narrator: no, he wasn't.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
At work we're pretty good with wearing our masks. I work at a credit union. The members however most of them are white they constantly bitch about masks and argue with us for allowing them into a bank with a mask on.

We literally have a person at the door to let people in and check IDs. They bitch at that too.

I personally almost enjoy wearing my mask since I dont have to fake emotion as much just the customer service voice.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll be honest I stopped reading the thread title at 'Worst' and just assumed you were right in whatever you said.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I'd also bet that a study would find that white people are the most likely to fight you if you ask them politely to put on a mask in an area where it's required...

It's been 100% with the white people in my (admittedly small) sample size, haha.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
As a fellow white person, I agree completely with this conclusion. The majority of assholes I see without masks when I do my curbside pickups are white.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
There are lots of East Asian immigrants near me and I got used to seeing masks during flu season long ago. It's almost always white 20 somethings or boomers without masks on. Also shitty looking teens of any race that look like shopkeepers have to kick them out regularly. That's a demo that seems to go maskless a lot.