• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Source:

Strife: Veteran Edition for Nintendo Switch now available (Widescreen update)

Greetings sportsStrife fans. The release date of Strife:VE on Switch is now released, https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/strife-veteran-edition-switch/, 10 bux. Nothing super fancy but youll get an updated weapon selection method (because cycling through the 11 guns with weird alt-weapon rules...

This game is really good. It runs on the Doom engine but is more of an RPG where you run around a hub and can talk to people and stuff. Think of it as a father to Deus Ex. According to Edward850 it has gyro support and an updated weapons selection designed for the console versions.

I might have to pick it up once it's out as I really like it and it works well on the go (I replayed the original on the Vita a while back).

D_Reynholm

Mar 18, 2020
Wow, I used to play this on my 486 (think I got the demo on a PC mag CD). I loved it as it felt so "open world" compared to Doom, but didn't run at 3 FPS like Quake.

Dec 4, 2017
The animated style of the pseudo-cutscenes was nice. They avoided using those awful early-90s digitized photos, or the equally bad early-90s CGI.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
It does not seem available in the EU??
Where in the EU exactly? The only location I know isn't available is New Zealand because we can't get a valid age rating there. Though you can just flip you location to Australia and it works just as well.
I've double checked on my own Switch and it's definitely there.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Where in the EU exactly? The only location I know isn't available is New Zealand because we can't get a valid age rating there. Though you can just flip you location to Australia and it works just as well.
I've double checked on my own Switch and it's definitely there.
It does not seem to appear in France, even if you search on the eShop. On Twitter numerous people reported it was not available in their EU country as well.

Eg: replies to this tweet https://twitter.com/nightdivestudio/status/1320410184435417089?s=21

Edward850

Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
I can confirm it's submitted to France. You should contact Nintendo support if you can't see it.

Last edited:

Edward850

Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
It's appearing now, but without the discount. Hopefully soon! Will buy as soon as its activated.

Edward850

Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
It's appearing now, but without the discount. Hopefully soon! Will buy as soon as its activated.
That should be now, by the looks of things (we should hopefully have the sales system figured out now, shouldn't be any weirdness like that again):

0e884e95c7.png

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ack, didn't know there was a sale and bought it at full price.

Oh well, it's worth it for Strife.

And I'd buy it again if there was an LRG release or something, wink wink.