• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm assuming this response was meant for me. The censorship, I never cared about since the girls look cooler in jackets, and IDGAF about Ash.

As for the difficulty, I am talking about BK3 on hardest. SoR3 on normal is by default harder, as it has the enemies doing 2X more damage, while upping it to 4X more on hard. The localization team had it right, because BK3 is so easy that it makes it boring
I don't think it was about that. It was about the rental market. The same thing happened with Dynamite Heady.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
I don't think it was about that. It was about the rental market. The same thing happened with Dynamite Heady.

Probably, but they also reduced the recoil for specials, which makes the gameplay much more balanced. In any case, I'm glad they made all those alterations, because they improved on BK3 by so much.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Been replaying the original trilogy in anticipation. Can't wait to finally play 4 tomorrow.

I didn't realize until last night that Streets of Rage 4 was going to be on Game Pass. I was planning to buy it, but I'll just download it there, especially since I was planning to get it on Xbox One anyway.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have you played 3DS Shinobi? I wouldn't rank it as high as Revenge or III but it's really good, and the closest we have to 16-bit era Shinobi for modern-ish releases.

No, never did. The only one I played, except for the MS/MD shinobi games and Shadow Dancer is the Saturn game. I didn't like that one with its digitized graphics and ho hum design.

Didn''t even play the PS2 games but I wouldn't pass on a remaster of those. I know they're madly challenging.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Shocked by how good they are? The game has been shaping up to be a brawler masterpiece for some time now.

I understand what they mean though. "Brawler masterpiece" is not something a lot of reviewers care for. I'm also pleasantly surprised by all the praise!

It's also very, very easy to screw up a classic formula when updating it for modern times, so easy it happens more times than it doesn't, so I'm always wary when a new, heavily "classic-inspired" game is made. It seems that they didn't screw up anything here, which is a cause for celebration.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I 100% disagree with that. SoR3 is better than BK3 in every way, as the latter was stupid easy and completely effed up the special bar.

I prefer BK3 myself. I didn't find SoR3 particularly hard though it was tougher than 2. But I just prefer the designs of BK3. Axel looked awful in SoR3, he had Adam's garb I think.

The story is also better done in BK3 (with intro and all, and translated the dialogues made more sense than the western version) though I must say I prefer the story concept of SoR3 because BK3 is essentially about igniting a world war with bombing attacks killing thousands. I think such a narrative doesn't really fit in a street brawler.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sega of America made horrendous changes to SOR3, that's a fact.

The story was ruined, the palette swaps and censorships was benign. And the difficulty changes were stupid.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
I prefer BK3 myself. I didn't find SoR3 particularly hard though it was tougher than 2. But I just prefer the designs of BK3. Axel looked awful in SoR3, he had Adam's garb I think.

The story is also better done in BK3 (with intro and all, and translated the dialogues made more sense than the western version) though I must say I prefer the story concept of SoR3 because BK3 is essentially about igniting a world war with bombing attacks killing thousands. I think such a narrative doesn't really fit in a street brawler.

The costumes are just palette swaps though, because you can see them in their normal garbs in versus mode. I actually prefer the fresh set of attire, but it's not something I have much attachment towards to either.

The story, I'm kind of ambivalent towards both versions as well. To me, it basically sums down to Mr. X is back as Robot Y/Neo X, with something about bombs and robot stuff in the background, lol.

The reasons I like SoR3 more are only due to gameplay and balancing, as BK3 is just way too boring of an experience.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly might grab this to play some couch co-op with my brother. Need something to do together.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna get on Switch to only discover that the performance iffy and co-op will be broken like the last ten games I've bought like this. But even though I have an excellent PC and this would run flawlessly - it just feels like it should be on Switch.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I think the SoR 3 colors are cool. Gives it a fresh look and I like yellow shirt Axel and grey Blaze. Getting rid of Ash is a good thing. Sometimes censorship is a positive.

Difficulty I'm torn on. BK3 default is too easy but SoR 3 default is too hard. Also it's hard for lame reasons. Enemies have too much health and do too much damage. I can beat it, it's just too much. I think ideally easy wouldn't lock out the last two levels. Then I'd just say SoR3 is superior.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When do they usually ship?
For preorders like this? Likely the games haven't been pressed yet. They won't ship until they're in hand. That could be months from now. The last time I preordered something from them that hadn't been manufactured yet it took around 3 months to have it in my hands. With Covid now I wouldn't be surprised if things take a little longer.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Is there any sort up of level up on abilities(like SoR3), or is the moveset you start is the one you end?

Also, does someone know how many hours is the campaing?

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Anyone know if the Xbox Console version will have X support?

cant really find it and it doesn't seem to be on the store yet, will determine where I download it

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Anyone know if the Xbox Console version will have X support?

cant really find it and it doesn't seem to be on the store yet, will determine where I download it
Doesn't look like it based on this page, but I doubt resolutions differences are going to be wildly noticeable with this game.

news.xbox.com

Next Week on Xbox: April 28 to May 1 - Xbox Wire

Welcome to Next Week on Xbox, where we cover all the new games coming soon to Xbox One and Windows 10 PC! Every week the team at Xbox aims to deliver quality gaming content for you to enjoy on your favorite gaming console. To find out whatā€™s coming soon to Xbox, read on below and [ā€¦]

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
This is one of the best brawlers ever made. Period. This is the first and only release (aside from something like SOR Remake) that I feel understands what makes games like this work. It's a masterpiece.

...and yeah, stuck in the 90s is a great thing in this case since basically every attempt at a brawler post 1995 fell short. Even solid ones like Scott Pilgrim, which looks amazing, really doesn't play as well as many of the greats. SOR4 does.
My arcade stick is ready!

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the best brawlers ever made. Period. This is the first and only release (aside from something like SOR Remake) that I feel understands what makes games like this work. It's a masterpiece.

...and yeah, stuck in the 90s is a great thing in this case since basically every attempt at a brawler post 1995 fell short. Even solid ones like Scott Pilgrim, which looks amazing, really doesn't play as well as many of the greats. SOR4 does.
Thanks for the impression.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Halfway through on Hardest mode. Game's legit.

They really tried their best to make you scared of Garcia in this game lol.

It's all fun and games until the lowest-tier mook gets a 10ft. spear.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Been waiting for Happy Console Gamer's review since I know he loves all things Sega: