• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this game is fucking TIGHT holy shit. it's annoying you can't dodge roll or run anymore, though

i really, really like hardest mode's enemy numbers. there's a serious avp vibe to just going nuts
streamable.com

Watch Untitled | Streamable

Watch "Untitled" on Streamable.

blaze has some serious juice in her combo potential - i'm just doing bnb standards while tryin to live but you can definitely go higher. it's scratching the itch of high skill level just meaning you stay on the offensive the majority of the time rather than the lame forced push/pull shit that a lot of modern action games seem to go for

let me play as shiva and estel. also max i GUESS

so far the weakest character seems like axel to me- his combo potential is low and his movement is low. he hits like a freight truck with his fwd+special when comboing into it (like, straight up melts minibosses/bosses) but dragon smash not being as invin and grand upper not having that much invin really hurts him since fwd+special is such a high commitment move.

Blaze's forwardx2 juggles them from the ground? That's super handy.

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

heeeeeey he's ok :)
the main thing is he really needs wallbounces to be able to do stuff and his corner carry isn't great. if grand upper otg'd so he could do like, grand upper->dragon smash to carry for that he'd really open up. or if his main combo knocked them really far back and he could follow up from afar like adam - adam's fwd+attack has monstrous carry and gives him some serious juice when he'd be otherwise lacking, haha.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Yo stage 1 music is lacking SOR hype. Don't tell me they dropped the ball on the soundtrack?

It is a good soundtrack but very different from the originals. it fits the game/scenes but yeah it lacks hype. there are 3 or 4 scenes where it goes into banger mode, other than that it is pretty much its own thing.

but hey, you can switch to the retro soundtrack.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
I noticed that the Windows Store version has better rumble than the Steam version. Much like the Xbox One version, the Windows 10 version has trigger rumble enabled giving a stronger form of feedback.

Also, for some reason every time I start the game on Steam the rumble doesn't work (despite it being "on" at 100 in the menu). I have to quit the game, go into the config text file in My Documents (I don't have to do anything there, just verify that rumble is set to 100 (which it always is)) and then relaunch the game for rumble to be enabled. A bit frustrating, and I hope it gets patched.

Is anyone else having this issue on the Steam version?

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
there are some nice artwork in the gallery.(menu "extra")
The heros gallery is interesting ,you can see a "unused character concept" and different versions of the heroes.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Played the first 2 levels with Blaze and the game is awesome. The gameplay is fantastic, I felt right at home as soon as I started playing and there are all these little touches that make it even better than the originals. It looks superb and the animation is fantastic. I wish the music was a little more upbeat but other than that I'm very happy, it's like a dream come true.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Hey guys, is local wifi mp (between 2 or more Switch systems) supported? I can't find the option in the menu, just online mp and that needs both of us to have an online sub (and it'd be less smooth ofc).

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
But she hits enough times that it doesn't even matter if they are weak. She can wreck bosses. Dash attack into special that either airbornes them or knocks them into a wall and you can juggle to get health back. Move out of the way and punish them when they are open. She has so many options due to her mobility.
She's definitely fantastic against bosses.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Played the first level with my partner and it's just like the old days of playing local coop.

"Hit the bad guys, not me"

"But it's funny".

*Controller throw*.

The game is of course, legitimately fucking amazing.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ok Adam is my boy. Just like in the original he's the absolute best

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
When I lose all lives and want to continue, the game gives me an option to add more lives but reduce the score. What score do they mean? Is it the score of the stage I lost or the whole playthrough?

Yōkai_0h-No

Nov 20, 2018
Does playing on 144hz have any noticeable difference? - I would assume since the game is 2D animated, it's locked at 60FPS?

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
so, was curious about axel's combo routing given the discussion and i guess his air special otgs.
streamable.com

Untitled2

Watch "Untitled2" on Streamable.

but it's REALLY awkward and has a ton of recovery. hard to really get into it besides off of the headbutt on throw. using it off a jump kick is almost a waste because it likely won't corner carry and leaves you open, but off throw, it sends em far enough to.

his regular combo seems to not give him enough time to do it away from the corner, i think?

Majinkezz

Oct 29, 2017
So i'm looking at the trophy list and S rank on all stages on hard difficult or higher? I've only got a B so far on normal difficult and am nearly my end of playthrough with Axel.

Any tips for when i try to master this? Is it easier with two players to achieve?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
on the one hand, Estel is a cop

on the other hand, she could break me in half and step on me any day
I want her to put me in a headlock and make me say "uncle" to get out. Then still choke me out anyway.

Great character design. And her voice doesn't sound like a loli *cough cough* Blaze.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Sorry, I know it's been asked many times but I couldn't find a definite answer but, are these possible? Cross-play between:
Game Pass PC and Xbox Console owners?
Cross-play between Game Pass PC and Steam owners?

TIA

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
Goddamn this game is great.

Playing on Switch — full-sized Switch — in handheld mode is not as great as I feel it could be, though... The buttons-as-dpad on the left Joycon is not so good. I've actually been begrudgingly using the analog stick.

I'm so close ordering a Retro-Bit Sega Genesis or Sega Saturn controller. I'd feel more at home with the Genesis controller since I never personally owned a Saturn but the Saturn does look better ergonomically.
I've been using the Hori Split Pad Pro and it works like a charm. One of the best purchases I've made for my Switch.

$_84.JPG

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
After seeing the DF video, I got it for my Switch, and I'm having a blast, even though I've never played these beat-em-ups before. I'm surprised how much I like it (I only cleared 2 stages so far, I'm expecting some insane difficulty spike soon, but I'm really having fun so far).

One question for you veterans - is it better to play with a thumbstick or d-pad (I play both handheld and on the TV with a Pro controller)? I always prefer thumbsticks to d-pads, especially for diagonal movements, but the special move (or what's it called, the one fw, fw + Y) is easier on the d-pad so I actually end up switching back and forth while playing (yes, I know, but I'm no pro).

Thanks!

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Sorry, I know it's been asked many times but I couldn't find a definite answer but, are these possible? Cross-play between:
Game Pass PC and Xbox Console owners?
Cross-play between Game Pass PC and Steam owners?

TIA

Cross play is between the Windows store version and Xbox only.

twitter.com

Lizardcube #SOR4DAY Out Now! on Twitter

“@LordHeartNight Hello, unfortunately 2P online is not crossplay (apart from Xbox and Win10 store versions)”

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
I'm having a strange problem with the game - anyone has advice?

As I'm starting it the game crashes to desktop without any kind of error prompt once the intro is over/skipped and there should traditionally be a title screen.

Downloaded it from Xbox Games thingy for PC. Reinstalled the game already. Drivers up to date, etc.

Can't wrap my head around this one.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
this game is fucking TIGHT holy shit. it's annoying you can't dodge roll or run anymore, though

i really, really like hardest mode's enemy numbers. there's a serious avp vibe to just going nuts
streamable.com

Watch Untitled | Streamable

Watch "Untitled" on Streamable.

blaze has some serious juice in her combo potential - i'm just doing bnb standards while tryin to live but you can definitely go higher. it's scratching the itch of high skill level just meaning you stay on the offensive the majority of the time rather than the lame forced push/pull shit that a lot of modern action games seem to go for

let me play as shiva and estel. also max i GUESS

so far the weakest character seems like axel to me- his combo potential is low and his movement is low. he hits like a freight truck with his fwd+special when comboing into it (like, straight up melts minibosses/bosses) but dragon smash not being as invin and grand upper not having that much invin really hurts him since fwd+special is such a high commitment move.
People are going to find some wild shit with Blaze in time. My go-to bnb is the first three hits of her jab combo, jump and immediately do the two hit down + attack kick, the aerial kick (there's no way in hell this wasn't inspired by afterburner kick) and then her grounded special. Decent damage and doesn't take a huge chunk of life. Going for two aerial kicks work too and provide good corner carry.

Down + Attack (in the air), attack (in the air), Blitz Move for the OTG, jab, jab, aerial kick x2 is a pretty fun corner combo.

Glad I'm not the only one getting AvP vibes from this game.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Finished my solo Blaze run on normal. Really enjoyed it, but damn if I didn't get a lot of continues. The game really kicked my ass especially the last stage.

Was I just bad at it or was it actually hard?

I hate to know what the harder difficulties are like.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
The retro soundtrack music choices are definitely... eccentric.

Kinda funny that they'd sooner use Game Gear tracks then use SoR3 music, lol. I'll compile the boss themes in a few.
Yeah, the retro music selection is something else (i think some of them don't fit the parts they were selected for), and putting gamegear tracks alongisde megadrive tracks was the cherry on top.

No biggie, i'll keep using the new soundtrack.

(thanks for the list of songs).

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Where is adam? The game only has 4 characters?? Or he joins later on??

Also im in chapter 2 and im stuck fighting the

Police with glassshield

His counterattack is so fast

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
for EU:

Vinyl OST is up for preorder:
bigwax.io

Streets of Rage 4 - The Definitive Soundtrack

Streets of Rage 4 est composé par une équipe internationale de compositeurs renommés de France, du Japon et d'Amérique du Nord. De France vient le compositeur principal Olivier Deriviere, connu pour son travail sur Seul dans le noir, Remember Me, le prochain Dying Light 2 et plus.Du Japon...

excited for this.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Finished my solo Blaze run on normal. Really enjoyed it, but damn if I didn't get a lot of continues. The game really kicked my ass especially the last stage.

Was I just bad at it or was it actually hard?

I hate to know what the harder difficulties are like.

I'm not amazing at the game by any strech but I thought it actually got easier as the game went on because I'd remembered the enemies attack patterns. On Normal(with Axel I died on Chapter 2 & 4 and then managed to finish it without continuing, I was pretty disappointed by the Y twins as bosses.

Hard(With Blaze) was a different story and I died a few times on the last couple of chapters.

arit

Oct 29, 2017
Either SoR1 characters are much stronger than SoR4, or they messed up and hard is actually normal.
Still don't like enemies having super armor on what feels like everything, as well having much more movement options than the play characters. I might imagine things, but I think enemies can switch planes while jumping.
SoR3 introduced so many nice things with movement options, input specials and especially hp bars for items, which are ignored in this new entry.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Stage 4. So far I'm really liking it. I would have liked a "move list" for each character.

I really miss a dodge/parry move, otherwise is the best fighting game of this kind that I've played since Scott Pilgrim.

Very good.