• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Really sad that Adam isn't unlocked by default but no big deal, I'll just bumble my way around with Axel lol.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Steam release being 3 times cheaper than the Switch and PS4 release is really annoying. Hate playing on PC but making an exception for this. Game is fantastic, juggle system, wall bounces, OTG's etc really great. Just not a fan of the music.

Oct 30, 2017
this stage one music is such a brazen "go straight" throwback... but i'll allow it

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Man, level 6 is kicking my ass. The two rooms with the large waves of enemies with weapons always take me a life or two. The boss doesn't seem to be too difficult, and I had him at a sliver of health one time but can't get him that low again. I'll rest a bit and try again. Perhaps with a different character.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, level 6 is kicking my ass. The two rooms with the large waves of enemies with weapons always take me a life or two. The boss doesn't seem to be too difficult, and I had him at a sliver of health one time but can't get him that low again. I'll rest a bit and try again. Perhaps with a different character.

Same. I'm getting wrecked even in co op.

Fitz

Oct 25, 2017
Steam release being 3 times cheaper than the Switch and PS4 release is really annoying. Hate playing on PC but making an exception for this. Game is fantastic, juggle system, wall bounces, OTG's etc really great. Just not a fan of the music.

3 times cheaper? I'm seeing the same price on Steam and Switch in the UK at least - £20.24.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Oct 27, 2017
I have been playing this for a while so here are my thoughts:

-They nailed the gameplay. Each character is really fun to play and SOR never felt smoother.
-Visuals are excellent. They look really amazing and fit perfectly with SOR.
-Music probably needs time to grow in me. I definitely prefer the original trilogy more.
-Blaze is really fun to olay with but I still can't believe they gave her this voice. When Cherry has a more deeper voice than Blaze you know you messed up.just why did they do this??? You want to make an anime voice girl them make one but not turn an existing character (who is middle aged) into one.

So yeah, aside from Blaze's voice I am loving this.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Found a secret :o

aDjCRwL.jpg

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

It was £17.99 on PS4 for me with the plus reduction and shows at £20.24 on steam for me?

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
it definitely has more variety than previous games. The transitions are also smooth mid level. It is gonna take a few playthroughs/listens before I can come up with a definitive answer. Right now, I'd say it is above sor3 and getting ready to tie with sor1. SOR2 is obviously still at the top.
it is growing on me, at first i was a bit disappointed because it is different than i´ve expected but it fits the game well and there is a lot of variety and cool touches.
I liked every track they had shown pre-release, and I love it more now cause it flows just so well.
It was a bit weird for me at first, after associating SOR with Yuzo for so long, but it definitely grows on you as you play, and it fits the game pretty well i think.

I'm also loving the variety in styles, because it keeps each stage fresh and unique. So i'm personally enjoying it quite a bit.
:O

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
I've never been so terrified of Garcia.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving this so much. I'm so glad they nailed it.

Perfect mix between classic Streets of Rage nostalgia and new combat style. I'm in love with it. I'd say 'the Sonic Mania of Streets of Rage' but it's definitely done more to modernise and change up the game than Mania did (not a criticism, just a fact. I'm glad Sonic Mania didn't modernise. But that's because we've had so many bad Sonic games that tried something new, not the case with SoR.).

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Last edited:

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone got this on more than one platform yet? It's all well and good saying 1080/60fps, but were compromises made to meet that target on Switch? And what about framerate dips, input latency etc.

Torn between PC, PS4 and Switch.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone got this on more than one platform yet? It's all well and good saying 1080/60fps, but were compromises made to meet that target on Switch? And what about framerate dips, input latency etc.

Torn between PC, PS4 and Switch.

Have it on Xbox One X and Switch (only play in portable) and there is no obvious differences. Runs great on both.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
The game will be releasing on eshop Argentina or Brazil? Or should I give up and buy it in another region?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Is there a way to counter armored moves in this game?

Also, how in the eff do you deal with the jump attacks lol. It'd be one thing if the jump attacks were linear and you could just walk up/down to avoid them but the jumping ladies kicks actually track to your current position.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Okay guys need help. Cannot seem to buy it on Steam. It has a listed price and it is on my Wishlist but I cannot buy it...

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Is there a way to counter armored moves in this game?

Also, how in the eff do you deal with the jump attacks lol. It'd be one thing if the jump attacks were linear and you could just walk up/back to avoid them but the jumping ladies kicks actually track to your current position.
Grab to get around armor if you're close enough, or try to make them whiff and then punish if you're out of range.

I was caught off-guard by Garnett's jumping angles too, but it's not too hard to walk out of range as long as you're not cornered. She has some vertical tracking but not a lot.

They really buffed Big Ben as well. Interrupting him head-on seems way dicier now.

I'm up to stage 7 on Hardest and need to take a break now.

Game's legit.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I cant see of that stuff on Gamepass for PC, not even a resolution scaler/setting. Anyone else?
Pretty sure it's locked 1080p60 by design for all platforms. It's a 2D hand-drawn game, so you can't just create extra detail via higher resolution that isn't there or generate frames that don't exist at higher framerates.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
This looks absolutely stunning! I really want to give it a try but I tend to find these games kind of repetitive. I'd love a fighting game with this look.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
This looks absolutely stunning! I really want to give it a try but I tend to find these games kind of repetitive. I'd love a fighting game with this look.

There is a battle mode (1v1) and the new systems in this iteration really help in terms of repetition.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I'm no expert but went for the Switch version and it's running great, looks stunning on OLED tv.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Grab to get around armor if you're close enough, or try to make them whiff and then punish if you're out of range.

I was caught off-guard by Garnett's jumping angles too, but it's not too hard to walk out of range as long as you're not cornered. She has some vertical tracking but not a lot.

They really buffed Big Ben as well. Interrupting him head-on seems way dicier now.

I'm up to stage 7 on Hardest and need to take a break now.

Game's legit.
Most of the armored enemies I was fine with since the usual strategies as you outlined work well but the Barbon boss fight was really giving me a tough time with how he does FOUR tracking moves in a row while armored.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Most of the armored enemies I was fine with since the usual strategies as you outlined work well but the Barbon boss fight was really giving me a tough time with how he does FOUR tracking moves in a row while armored.
I just destroyed the bikes one at a time to spawn a biker, then abused i-frames while throwing the bikers into him. He also doesn't seem as agile as other bosses so I had an easier time hanging back and letting him whiff.

Clearing out the bikes also reveals some health pick-ups.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how does it compare to double dragon neon? Better combat?
It's a lot more fluid than Neon which is quite staccato. I wouldn't say they're particularly comparible - Neon is quite unique (and absolutely aweseome IMO), SOR4 is very, very different - way closer to the old SOR games and others from the genre at that time.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished it and it's a fantastic and worthy sequel, controls feel great and it looks gorgeous. I'd say the music is probably the only slight disappointment. It fits the series, but there isn't anything there on par with what we had in the first 2 games, but the tracks from the airplane cockpit onwards are great.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's not available yet on PC game pass right? don't see it