• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait. I love the beat 'em up genre and really miss these types of games.

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
Is this going to be available for game pass on the 30th? If so for pc and xbox game pass?

I cancelled my pre order as I read it comes to game pass.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Available now on Xbox in NZ but I'm not able to download it with Game Pass yet.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
No dice in NZ as does not show up as a gamepass title for now.

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
ff7 remake, a half life game, and SOR4 in the same year?!??!!? OMG wwhhatt time to be alive!!!! Never thought Id see the day

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
So, um, I love how this looks and I'm a sucker for these hand-drawn games. But I didn't actually play beat-em-ups as a kid, and is this ok for someone who is totally new to this? I mean, does this require some insane reflexes and impossible timing of iframes - or is it something someone can just pick up and play?

Thanks.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So, um, I love how this looks and I'm a sucker for these hand-drawn games. But I didn't actually play beat-em-ups as a kid, and is this ok for someone who is totally new to this? I mean, does this require some insane reflexes and impossible timing of iframes - or is it something someone can just pick up and play?

In my experience, at least on normal settings, its very pick up and play.

Like I was playing the normal Streets of Rage and getting far (damn the no save system!) when I was like 5 years old lol. You'll be fine.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Em Ups, while sometimes pretty challenging, are more about crowd control and sometimes resource management than mechanical execution and strict timing.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks.
Because SoR was a console game it wasn't designed so much to be a way to get as many coins of people at the arcades so I always found it to be a more fair and fun beat-em-up compared to others. I imagine this will be similar?

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
In my experience, at least on normal settings, its very pick up and play.

Like I was playing the normal Streets of Rage and getting far (damn the no save system!) when I was like 5 years old lol. You'll be fine.

Because SoR was a console game it wasn't designed so much to be a way to get as many coins of people at the arcades so I always found it to be a more fair and fun beat-em-up compared to others. I imagine this will be similar?

Great, thanks! Now just to decide between Switch and PS4 :)

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

Thanks.

I think the story mode alone makes it easier to jump into than most beat em ups.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
For the midnight local time release for PS4, does that mean midnight EST & 9PM PST or just midnight everywhere?

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it is £17.99 on PS4, gets cheaper each time I see a new price lol

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know this was being made.

Loved playing SoR2 on Wii VC. Definitely gonna bite on this.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Out in UK! 10% PS+ sale too. I've been waiting so long for this game the feeling is unreal.

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great work on the OT. I'm planning on trying this after work tomorrow via GamePass. I listened to a few tracks from the OST and they sound so good.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
The intro is fucking HYPE.

wow, i am literally sitting here with goosebumps, feeling like a kid again, this brings back the 90s in full force.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Normal. There is a very hard type of enemy in the second stage (or I'm doing something wrong).

Once you lose all lifes, game over and start the level again.

i'll actually say this. i think stage 2 is harder than the next two of the following stages!

is it the shield enemies? you can hit them with a combo or two until their shield breaks