• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty annoying, but since I got the limited edition (Switch version) from LRG the other day at least that truly feels like a limited edition so I don't regret my purchase.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I ask again: how is this on them? (Besides the badly timed super-LE), unless there was a statement on them, the blame just directs to LRG, rather than the publisher themselves.
I've been openly critical of LRG in the past, mostly over pricing decisions, but they've always been up front about how physical rights are retained by the publishers and those publishers can always reprint or redistribute through other outlets. I don't doubt this is totally on Dotemu.

I guess the deciding factor now is arrival date and shipping prices. Those who ordered through LRG are stuck with an uncertain release date and at least $6 added in shipping fees. I've already bought the game digitally in addition to my LRG disc so the day it ends up in my hands is trivial. I wonder if LRG would offer free shipping if it was requested though.

What a fucking mess.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'd much rather have that box art over the LRG one :/

Edit: ooh LRG is allowing cancellations. Will do that for mine as soon as I can secure a copy on amazon. Switch still isn't live.

Last edited:

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I've put in a request to cancel my LRG switch version. Don't want to pay $50 with shipping to get a worse cover and probably wait longer to get it. Will see what happens. What a mess.

Rattlethyhead

Jan 7, 2019
If anyone gets a conformation that lrg IS giving refunds, could you just say a quick thing in this thred? It would be much appreciated.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I preordered it together with other LRG game, so to my regret I'll not cancel it.

Oct 25, 2017
The LRG version for PS4/Switch is still up and available to pre-order until Sunday, but that is an alternative to those.

limitedrungames.com

Search: 40 results found for "streets of rage*"

Limited Run Games is the industry-leading publisher and distributor of award winning collector's editions, rare video games, and merchandise for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PS5, PC, and retro consoles. Each Limited Run game is officially licensed, highly collectable, and only printed once...

I want this, but LRG hasn't said anything about the Panzer Dragoon Switch copy that I ordered from them like six weeks ago now, so I'm not really trusting them.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I want this, but LRG hasn't said anything about the Panzer Dragoon Switch copy that I ordered from them like six weeks ago now, so I'm not really trusting them.

They just closed pre-orders on that I think a week ago (open pre-orders). Once the pre-orders close, they get the number of how many to actually need to be made and then send it off to manufacturing to get made. It says in the print on every page of the order how these things take a bit to get printed (with very few exceptions), and due to COVID, things have kind of been delayed. Some of their artbook materials came from China, so older pre-orders have been delayed further due to this.

They are not print-on-demand.

Oct 25, 2017
They just closed pre-orders on that I think a week ago (open pre-orders). Once the pre-orders close, they get the number of how many to actually need to be made and then send it off to manufacturing to get made. It says in the print on every page of the order how these things take a bit to get printed (with very few exceptions), and due to COVID, things have kind of been delayed. Some of their artbook materials came from China, so older pre-orders have been delayed further due to this.

They are not print-on-demand.

Shoot, I didn't realize that the pre-order period was so long.

I've gotten stuff from them before, but only through Kickstarter campaigns that used them, so this is the first time that I've bought something directly from them via pre-order.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Shoot, I didn't realize that the pre-order period was so long.

I've gotten stuff from them before, but only through Kickstarter campaigns that used them, so this is the first time that I've bought something directly from them via pre-order.

Even for Panzer, this is listed at the bottom of the page:

PLEASE NOTE: This item is currently in manufacturing. Artwork is subject to change, and the product will not ship until 2-4 months after the pre-order window closes. Future production updates will be visible on the product page and your account page. All orders are considered final and can not be canceled.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Personally I think the game is great so I'm happy for the opportunity to throw more money to the people behind it. Got the signed vinyl and Collector's Edition on order from LRG, the signature edition from Merge/SE, and the Bare Knuckle IV Edition from 3goo. Belt scrollers forever.

Oct 25, 2017
Even for Panzer, this is listed at the bottom of the page:

I definitely didn't read to the bottom of the page.

I will say that updates would still be nice, even if the update is "Nothing to update, but our pre-order period is coming to a close, so we're going into production soon!"

I'm not really in a rush to get it, but I am probably really used to constant updates from the other places that I order from. It could be a failing on my part, but it does make me feel more comfortable.

j_z

Feb 14, 2019
Man I'd much rather have that box art over the LRG one :/

Edit: ooh LRG is allowing cancellations. Will do that for mine as soon as I can secure a copy on amazon. Switch still isn't live.

You have to cancel your preorder before LRG's preorders are done on the 8th.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Wish there was a PC box release of this, I still like to collect big box PC games whenever possible.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You have to cancel your preorder before LRG's preorders are done on the 8th.
Thanks for the heads up, I requested cancellation a few hours ago and just now got it confirmed.

I may just go for the Japan physical now. Seems it comes in a MD-sized case and soundtrack.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have bought the eShop version, if I'd have known this version would be available to order from Signature Edition Games so soon (and not for that much more).

Will the standard edition get a general release outside of this?

Edit: answering my own question, it's available to pre-order on Amazon UK and GAME.
Amazon link seems to have died?

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck?
I pre-ordered the LGR version since i wanted it physical even with the cost of having to wait a few extra months to play it since i won't double dip....and now this? Even releases in Europe? I'm so angry i could spit!

Oct 8, 2019
I assume this all came together at the last minute, where the companies making Streets of Rage 4 made the deal with LRG where that would basically be the only way to get a Physical version of the game, then another company came in wanting to release another version on more places like Amazon and since LRG doesn't have exclusivity in their contract that was possible.

I don't think all these companies were looking for ways to screw the consumers by announcing the larger release after the digital release of the game was already out.

j_z

Feb 14, 2019
What the fuck?
I pre-ordered the LGR version since i wanted it physical even with the cost of having to wait a few extra months to play it since i won't double dip....and now this? Even releases in Europe? I'm so angry i could spit!
You can cancel your LRG order, just send them an email

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always wonder who it is that sees stuff like this and says, "Fuck yeah - a keyring!"

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with free bonuses?
Nothing but I get Border's point. The freebie is meant to entice people to jump on it so clearly they think it's a selling point. So someone has to be excited about the keyring otherwise the publisher is wasting money.

Rattlethyhead

Jan 7, 2019
So, it's been a few days. Wanted to cancel the lrg version. I wanted to preorder the Amazon copy. In that time the switch version never showed up, and the PS4 copy is now unavailable. You HAVE to cancel the lrg version by tomorrow, and honestly it's probably too late already. So, keeping the lrg copy which is now the worst version (With higher shipping) . This whole situation sucks and I hope that it never happens again. I'll be waiting until the last second to order from lr from now on.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, it's been a few days. Wanted to cancel the lrg version. I wanted to preorder the Amazon copy. In that time the switch version never showed up, and the PS4 copy is now unavailable. You HAVE to cancel the lrg version by tomorrow, and honestly it's probably too late already. So, keeping the lrg copy which is now the worst version (With higher shipping) . This whole situation sucks and I hope that it never happens again. I'll be waiting until the last second to order from lr from now on.
Why not just cancel LRG version now and order from amazon when they restock it? Unless you think that amazon has a 2 day preorder window it is coming back.

Rattlethyhead

Jan 7, 2019
Why not just cancel LRG version now and order from amazon when they restock it? Unless you think that amazon has a 2 day preorder window it is coming back.
I guess the piece of mind of being able to secure an Amazon copy is why I waited to cancel. I'm nervous for some reason that the "Sega" version is going to be limited too or something. I may be off on that though.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the piece of mind of being able to secure an Amazon copy is why I waited to cancel. I'm nervous for some reason that the "Sega" version is going to be limited too or something. I may be off on that though.
More expensive but the Japan physical version has been up for days on amazon and is still available.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First time ever ordering from LR and do prefer this cover art, but can't people just print that new cover and replace the one from LRG?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Amazon is also just the standard edition from Merge / Signature Edition. You can order from them here: https://signatureeditiongames.com/search?q=streets+of+rage&type=product

Unless you really want an ESRB rating or something?

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
This doesn't affect me that much since I got the super CE edition, but I know some people that bought the game digitally because there was no Xbox physical version. Now I feel like shit for recommending them to go ahead and get it.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Wait, so are the amazon shipments sold out, or have they not officially put up the game for purchase?

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Worth mentioning that LRG and DotEmu have teamed up to send Steam keys to folks that ordered SoR4 LE and are pissed that have to wait longer to receive their physical copies. I preordered a PS4 and Switch copy, and wound up getting an email from LRG with two Steam keys. They didn't have to do that.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why there was a LRG release if they were planning to make it available elsewhere

Game Rogue

Oct 28, 2017
I have a LRG preorder; comes whenever it comes. I also, just placed my SOR4 order on GameStop.com for the Switch version; used $5 coupon too.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why there was a LRG release if they were planning to make it available elsewhere

A good question, but one for DotEmu. Looks like LRG were as blind-sided as the rest of us.
I'm sure they're not terribly thrilled, even though they're doing right by LE customers by giving out Steam keys so that they can at least play the game digitally while they await the physical version's manufacturing and release.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Kind of odd to see a Xbox Version here, but not on LRG. Guessing the shipment numbers between the two are vastly different.