• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Giant Enemy Crab
Apr 21, 2018
house-of-the-dead-1113079.jpeg

Wow, that list is almost ten people long. Of the games I care about, the vast majority of key people seem to be scattered to the winds. Fair call on the Skies director, though. Can I vote for that twice?

Here some key members still at Sega for almost all the requested games by japanese fans:

Sakura Wars = Akira Nishino (director of some Sakura Taisen episodes)

Shinobi = Takao Hirabayashi (Shinobi, NightShade)

Sangokushi Taisen = Toru Ohara (Main Director of Sangokushi Taisen)

Out Run = Makoto osaki (director of Out Run 2, Shenmue)

Shenmue = Seiji Aoki (VF4 Evo, Out Run 2)/
Daisuke Sato (VF3, Yakuza)/Toshihiro Nagoshi

Daytona USA = Toshihiro Nagoshi (Creator of the serie)

Virtual On = Juro Watari (director, producer on Virtual On)

Jet Set Radio = Masayoshi Kikuchi (director of JSR and JSRF)

Panzer Dragoon = Takashi Iwade (Art Director of Panzer Dragoon Orta)

Virtua Fighter = Hiroshi Kataoka (Director of Fighting Vipers,megamix,
and producer of VF4 evo, 5FS)

Alex Kidd = Rieko Kodama (Key Role for Alex Kidd)

Skies of Arcadia = Shuntaro Tanaka (Director of SOA)

Answer X Answer = AM1 (AM1 still active)

Space Channel = Takumi Yoshinaga (Story and
Game Design Director of Space Channel)

Nights = Takashi Iizuka (lead game designer), naofumi hataya
(composer for Nights, Burning Rangers, Sega Rally, Golden Axe)

See... For the MAJORITY of requested games, Sega has AAA senior developers who know these series very well.
(not saying, Sega will use them for revivals but they are still here and able to provide respectful sequels)

Series that need to be outsourced : Shining Force because Takahashi was formerly and mainly a key member from Dragon Quest and left Sega very early, Sega needs Camelot now. Burning Rangers (they need Ohshima and his company). Streets of Rage 2 and 3 were already Ancient's games, so i'm not sure there is so much employees from SOR1 left at Sega. Honestly i don't know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Giant Enemy Crab
Apr 21, 2018
Oh boy ! So close, Shining Force is losing the final battle... AGAIN, AGAIN.

"Fucking Shenmue! Miserable Jet Set Radio ! Always stealing the show"

I think Shining fans will be pissed off as always lol.

But i'm generous and give the serie a tips for bonus votes:
https://youtu.be/PgP36oIBX6s

What a soundtrack !

Shining Force 3 (Camelot)

But basically Shining Force is FAR from being the most SEGAish franchise like Skies of Arcadia or Phantasy Star: The creator, Takahashi was from Enix (Dragon quest team) and Climax helped Takahashi brothers...

2017 :Treasure, Camelot, Compile gathered...
Treasure asked Sega a megadrive mini.
2018: Sega presented the megadrive mini.
2017: Camelot asked Shining Force 4.
2019: Sega will present Shining Force 4 ? :)

Last edited:

Laurel_McFang

Feb 17, 2019
had to go Panzeer Dragoon Saga was just the best jrpg of all time.
Jet Set Radio is still one of my favorite Sega premieres, Shinobi loved it.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Now that we finally had the opportunity to play Shenmue, I would love to play also Skies of Arcadia as a JRPG lover. I am super curious about it.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
Alien: Isolation
Alpha Protocol
Vanquish
Condemned
Binary Domain
Company of Heroes
WH40K: Space Marine

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
If I had the final say on any of these returning with a huge push? That would honestly probably be the hardest call I could make in my life, heh. Even with how fantastic SEGA has been with reviving IP and letting other devs take a crack at them there is so much missing.

My choice has to be Virtua Fighter though. VF6 not being around for the eSports boom is honestly really depressing. Hell, SEGA not really being a major player in fighting games at all outside of weird anime fighters is absolutely bizarre.

If Camelot was involved, Shining Force would be my number two option. Make it in the pre-Saturn style but port all of the games besides Shining Wisdom to all modern platforms while we wait.

Skies of Arcadia I feel is fine as a one-off title, but I absolutely would not say no to an HD version on all modern platforms! My number three spot might be Ecco the Dolphin then, but only if it is handled by a lot of the original staff (they still want to make one) and keep it 2D, but with a hand painted aesthetic.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I just want more people to understand, understand
Understand, Understand
Understand, Understand
THE CONCEPT OF LOVE
NastyOldHalcyon-max-1mb.gif

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Honestly, I'd take a revival of any and all of them.

But why the hell isn't Phantasy Star in that list. Phantasy Star Online is one of my favourite games of all time, but I want a full reboot - an off-line big budget single-player RPG set on Ragol.

But looking at that list, and also considering what is missing, Sega definitely has all my favourite IPs. And they do nothing with them. It kills me.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even need remakes in a lot of cases, just straight ports of stuff they haven't touched in decades would be a first good step.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I just want their racing games back.

The last Sega Rally was awesome, even on PSP.
The modern Outrun games were also pretty amazing and unique.

If nothing else, I'd at least like home conversions of their "left in the arcades" racing games like SCUD and Daytona 2.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Skies of Arcadia is the number 1 for me.
Panzer Dragoon is second if only because I never got to play any of those games and really want to.
Out Run is tied for second since I love Racing games.
Virtual On is fourth because I need more Custom Robo like games please.
Burning Rangers is fifth because while I never played it, the OST is fire (heh) and I need more of this.
Shining Force and Shinobi being the other two I voted for. Always up for more strategy games like FE and I want another action Shinobi game like the PS2 one.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
SHINING FORCE 4

Imagine seeing an actual Shining Force game with current gen audiovisual capabilities. Hell, I'll take 3DS level, just look at how good the Fire Emblem 3DS games are. Just do it Sega!

Oct 27, 2017
Well Panzer Dragoon Saga hasn't been announced as a remake just first two. Saga needs remake badly imo. I'd pay $60 for one if it means not paying $500 for a Saturn copy

Other than that I'd love a remaster if P3 and P4G

OP
OP
Giant Enemy Crab
Apr 21, 2018
Sega has all my favourite IPs. And they do nothing with them. It kills me.

It has just begun.

Several revivals are in development at Sega and even more are outsourced (made by ex-sega employees or fans like Monster Boy).

It's like the megadrive situation.Speaking of which, Sega is starting polls for the megadrive mini:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/1099942628332777473
Spam the coments with Crusader of Centy and Konami games lol, please. :)

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It has just begun.

Several revivals are in development at Sega and even more are outsourced (made by ex-sega employees or fans like Monster Boy).

It's like the megadrive situation.Speaking of which, Sega is starting polls for the megadrive mini:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/1099942628332777473
Streets of Rage 4 certainly gives me hope. Sonic Mania was incredible too.

There's so much potential with their IPs, it's mind-boggling to even think about.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
A Jet Set Radio Future remake or sequel would be awesome.

I believe it's Sega published but it counts in my book.

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
Alien: Isolation
Alpha Protocol
Vanquish
Condemned
Binary Domain
Company of Heroes
WH40K: Space Marine
I thought of myself as a Sega fan but outside Alien I have I idea what any of those games are.

For me I want Virtua Racing 2, Shinobi 4, Daytona 3 ported, SCUD/Super GT ported, Sonic CD HD brought to modern consoles and Knuckles Chaotix Mania.