• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish we could get PS4 compatibility for these things. I have the Power A fight pad, and it's a decent attempt at a Saturn pad clone, but I would so prefer the retro bit genesis controllers.
Word, I would have pre-ordered the PS4 version otherwise because I trust it's performance to be better if there is any but at the end of the day the control method matters to me most.
Edit: I haven't tried the powerA controllers for PS4 but they seem good

Last edited:

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
Omg how did I miss that this was coming to game pass.?!? I would've bought it regardless but this is even better!

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Those Retrobit controllers don't work with Xbox either, right?
Nope, not really by default. If you have windows 10 there's a work around but I don't think it's worth it. You can use the controller through the PC that way but I'd imagine there'd be quite a bit of added input lag which would be unacceptable for a game like SoR.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cherry is the character I'm most interested in. Her mobility/agility options are unlike any other SoR character, even Skate. She's like a ninja with a guitar.

edit: I like how Big Ben is just chilling

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Gentlemen.... I'm afraid I have some bad news... her voice

Blaze sounds like a loli wtf? I always thought she should keep the older more lady like breathy voice type. What were they thinking????!!!!1one

Last edited:

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
cherry is the character I'm most interested in. Her mobility/agility options are unlike any other SoR character, even Skate. She's like a ninja with a guitar.

edit: I like how Big Ben is just chilling

Fast, agile/mobility-centric characters usually sacrifice power in this genre. I understand you want dat flashy-ness....but don't get your ass KO'ed in them Streets lol.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
It looks like they took out a bunch of mobility options like the roll and run, though I have seen Zan use his run and Adam has a dash. So maybe mobility options are character specific like Blaze having the air kick. Points for character uniqueness, but having those universal mobility tools were a really nice QOL improvement in Sor3.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still a bit concerned about the soundtrack. I doubt it'll reach the heights of the first two games but I'm hoping it'll at least fit in well with the rest of the series.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Blaze sounds like a loli wtf? I always thought she should keep the older more lady like breathy voice type. What were they thinking????!!!!1one

The voice sound good enough for me but more important, Blaze seems super fun! That afterburner kick and her kikou shou look super powerful and fun!

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes at Blaze's new voice. Who approved that?

I was already not digging a lot of their artistic choices for this game.

And that's disappointing since SoR is one of my favorite series growing up and a new one is a dream for me so i wanted everything to be perfect.

Luckily all the gameplay stuff looks really good. Kind of wish they went with an updated version of SoR3's gameplay instead of basing it off of SoR2, but I'll take it.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

WTF. That had better be her Japanese voice or something. That's terrible and doesn't fit at all.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Any news about the non Limited Run physical edition? seems that it isn´t available for launch...which is sad. would rather like a physical version in time for release than a digital copy.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
And I thought Axel's voice was bad... Blaze's is on a completely different level of awful. At least her SoR2 and SoR3 (though really BK3) versions are in the game.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how I feel about people wanting music to sound like SoR's previous soundtracks. SoR's music was a reflection of the club music *at the time*. It was very hip and modern, especially compared to most game music. I don't know if making music that sounds like it's 30 years old when everything else about the game has progressed is actually being in the spirit of SoR.