• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017

We @Lizardcube+@Guard_Crush+@Dotemu are happy to announce that Streets of Rage 4 OST will be composed by a wide line-up of world-class musicians, including:
-Yuzo Koshiro
-Motohiro Kawashima
-Yoko Shimomura
-Hideki Naganuma
-Keiji Yamagishi
#SOR4
Video: https://t.co/mUVdP9O0gS

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa

Dotemu, Lizardcube and Guard Crush Games are thrilled to reveal that Yūzō Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima, the original Streets of Rage series' incomparable composers, will be joined by an all-star ensemble in contributing brand new tracks for the Streets of Rage 4 soundtrack.

Thanks to the help of Brave Wave Productions, a music label that brings the work of Japanese game musicians to global audiences, Streets of Rage 4 will feature original music from:

- Yūzō Koshiro (Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge Shinobi, Shenmue I & II,...)
- Motohiro Kawashima (Streets of Rage 2 & 3, Shinobi II, Batman Returns,...)
- Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Kingdom Hearts I, II & III, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve,...)
- Hideki Naganuma (Jet Set Radio & Future, Super Monkey Ball, Sega Rally 2,...)
- Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl,...)

More information and surprises about the Streets of Rage 4 soundtrack will be revealed in the future.

To keep your skull-cracking combo on the latest Streets of Rage 4 news going, head over to www.streets4rage.com, visit www.facebook.com/StreetsofRage4, and give the follow button a devastating high kick on Twitter @Dotemu, @Lizardcube and @Guard_Crush.

Special thanks to Archipel, Brave Wave and all the artists.

© SEGA, all rights reserved. © 2019 Dotemu, all rights reserved. Developed by Lizardcube, Guard Crush Games and Dotemu

Oct 26, 2017
Well this just made my day, terrific news.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
- Yūzō Koshiro (Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge Shinobi, Shenmue I & II,...)
- Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Kingdom Hearts I, II & III, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve,...)

WTH is this composer list?? What is this? Smash Bros? :O

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna save everyone some time. There's not a single second of music from the game in that six-minute video.

Great lineup though. Nice to see real care is being put into this aspect of the game.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I love that they seem to have heard the complaints about the music and went all out in response, because wow what a crew

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yuzo Koshiro
Motohiro Kawashima
Yoko Shimomura
Hideki Naganuma

I was hesitant about buying this game but these 4 alone got me saying day 1. I love Yoko's music, plus I met her a few years ago and she's a lovely person to chat with.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Naganuma oh shit

That list is the gaming version of a lineup of a concert or festival lol

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"
Yūzō Koshiro (Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge Shinobi, Shenmue I & II,...)
- Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl,...)"

Holy Christ did they get every cool 90s/early 2000s Japanese composer or what

OP
OP
ggx2ac

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
From the YouTube description
Thanks to the help of Brave Wave Productions, a music label that brings the work of Japanese game musicians to global audiences, Streets of Rage 4 will feature original music from:

Shout out to cvxfreak

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Great news announcement, TERRIBLE video. All they needed to do was show new gameplay clips with the newly announced music tracks played over them (with each composer's name flashing on the screen).

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017

Somebody made a pact with the devil in turn for this team.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Went from a probably buy phase to a day 1 and possibly find a way to buy the soundtrack kinda mood for this game. Best news I've have all day.

Oct 26, 2017
The thing I like about this is that Koshiro's mentioned in the past that working alongside Kawashima inspired a sense of competition that pushed them to new heights.
I can only imagine what it'll be like with 3 other legendary composers alongside them.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. My. God. We've been waiting to hear about the OST in the main sor4 thread for months! AND THEY FUCKING DID WAAAY MORE than we were expecting. I can't believe this!!! Wow wow wow.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I mean this in the best possible way, but what the fuck is up with this line-up?! Someone involved with this game made a deal with a devil.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After the weird art style and River City Girls I was wondering if I should get this at all. That tier of composers are good enough to try to get both.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that list is a who's who for sure. Reminds me of the Shadows of the Damned talent list lol

Game is looking better and better each time I see it, animations look great

Edit: also congrats to cvxfreak, went from writing Resident Evil walkthroughs to producing god-tier SEGA soundtracks. Amazing

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
This is amazing.